Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Somewhere on Pasoti (or link to an article from pasoti) there was a reference to a personal trainer being used?
His decision not to sign may come back to bite us in the bum, equally, it may not.

Jan 7, 2013
Was he actually offered a contract I doubt it based on last season we can't keep going on about his past he was eating up a big wage and expect DA was not remotely fussed once his contract was up.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
clokey84":3gfntknn said:
Was he actually offered a contract I doubt it based on last season we can't keep going on about his past he was eating up a big wage and expect DA was not remotely fussed once his contract was up.
Yes, he was.

Jan 7, 2013
Argy1e":823yfmvf said:
clokey84":823yfmvf said:
Yes, he was.
Probably a reduction in wage hence the decline.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I'm told a significant reduction based on performances and appearances last season, he was unplayable 2 seasons ago but Injurys seem to have hampered him hugely. This is also reflected in his offer so I'm lead to believe.

He wants the best he can for his family which I totally see and I think it's a crying shame but that's football, It would also make sense with him not signing anywhere yet as scans and medical as are so strict these days.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Perhaps, like me, he was not impressed with the way he got a friend to stir things up on here just before the playoffs. On reflection, I suspect that McHugh could also have been involved wth the rumour about '2 disastrous decisions'.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":131yb4if said:
Perhaps, like me, he was not impressed with the way he got a friend to stir things up on here just before the playoffs. On reflection, I suspect that McHugh could also have been involved wth the rumour about '2 disastrous decisions'.

Ooh what was theis about before the play offs I missed it

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
rsp4":329lawky said:
davie nine":329lawky said:

Ooh what was theis about before the play offs I missed it

This was how it started and produced a 7-page thread with 80 posts :-

I am lead to believe from a good source that the only reason Houghton is playing is because we have an agreement with Chelsea that if he DOESNT play we have to pay his full wage of circa £6k per week...Whoever sanctioned this agreement should be made accountable because since his first game against Accie it has been like having 10 men (W 4 D1 L5). And if this is the case the board need to invest 6k per week so that we can play our strongest team.

Another thing I have heard is that Reuben has been seeing a top guy in London for treatment but the club won't sanction the payment for this treatment (so its had to stop as the player can't afford it himself!) meaning we are deprived of one of the best strikers in the league for 2 games against a team who are truly poo scared of him as was proven only a couple of weeks ago at Fratton...
The board need to speculate to accumulate on these 2 decisions to give us a chance!!

And while we are at it how about coming to an agreement with Torquay to enable us to sign Youngy. Maybe they could release him so that he is a free agent so that we can sign him on non contract terms? A midfield of Youngy, Boating and Carey again would give us a chance..

Its about time we as a club started making good decisions from top to bottom otherwise League 2 beckons for a long time to come..

Considering how long it has taken Reuben to find a club, it would be very surprising if the treatment referred to could have been successful in the short time between the end of the 46 league games and the subsequent play-off games.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
This is an Argyle Old Boys thread.
We have a new squad. Hopefully we have a team.
We have our first home league game in 10 days.

Taking all that into account, I think 'Who cares?' is fair comment tbh!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pogleswoody":3dxfqawv said:

If he isn't fit enough to find another club then he would not have been fit enough for us. Now looks to be a good move for us when he turned down the new offer.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":htvuv6k5 said:
Pogleswoody":htvuv6k5 said:

If he isn't fit enough to find another club then he would not have been fit enough for us. Now looks to be a good move for us when he turned down the new offer.

I like your rationale. I like the knowledge that Argyle appear to have not wasted money on wages