Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":1n4sbpgs said:
rsp4":1n4sbpgs said:
davie nine":1n4sbpgs said:
Perhaps, like me, he was not impressed with the way he got a friend to stir things up on here just before the playoffs. On reflection, I suspect that McHugh could also have been involved wth the rumour about '2 disastrous decisions'.

Ooh what was theis about before the play offs I missed it

This was how it started and produced a 7-page thread with 80 posts :-

I am lead to believe from a good source that the only reason Houghton is playing is because we have an agreement with Chelsea that if he DOESNT play we have to pay his full wage of circa £6k per week...Whoever sanctioned this agreement should be made accountable because since his first game against Accie it has been like having 10 men (W 4 D1 L5). And if this is the case the board need to invest 6k per week so that we can play our strongest team.

Another thing I have heard is that Reuben has been seeing a top guy in London for treatment but the club won't sanction the payment for this treatment (so its had to stop as the player can't afford it himself!) meaning we are deprived of one of the best strikers in the league for 2 games against a team who are truly poo scared of him as was proven only a couple of weeks ago at Fratton...
The board need to speculate to accumulate on these 2 decisions to give us a chance!!

And while we are at it how about coming to an agreement with Torquay to enable us to sign Youngy. Maybe they could release him so that he is a free agent so that we can sign him on non contract terms? A midfield of Youngy, Boating and Carey again would give us a chance..

Its about time we as a club started making good decisions from top to bottom otherwise League 2 beckons for a long time to come..

Considering how long it has taken Reuben to find a club, it would be very surprising if the treatment referred to could have been successful in the short time between the end of the 46 league games and the subsequent play-off games.

Thanks mate I missed all this for some reason

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
And by the way I still think those 2 decisions were disastrous and ultimately cost us promotion. If Houghton hadn't of signed and kept Boateng on the bench (denying time to get match fit) for so long we would have avoided the playoffs for sure. Our record with Houghton starting was like relegation form and I can't ever forget him chasing shadows as the Daggers put 3 past us in that first half!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
edmonds200":2cn7hdf1 said:
Pretty sure Reuben will be lining up against Mansfield on the 6th.....Good luck Reub!

Newport! :shock:

Will he be match fit by then?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Yeah good luck Reuben. You can bet that he'll play and score against us.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
edmonds200":25oq56cq said:
And by the way I still think those 2 decisions were disastrous and ultimately cost us promotion. If Houghton hadn't of signed and kept Boateng on the bench (denying time to get match fit) for so long we would have avoided the playoffs for sure. Our record with Houghton starting was like relegation form and I can't ever forget him chasing shadows as the Daggers put 3 past us in that first half!!!

I'm not sure how much blame you can lie on one player, but I will go along with you on this. Houghton was pretty awful in that game, and bog standard in any other games I saw him in too.

Could never understand why he started so many games. Must have been down to the clause unfortunately.

Mar 8, 2016
Emu":s9pjo8r5 said:
edmonds200":s9pjo8r5 said:

I'm not sure how much blame you can lie on one player, but I will go along with you on this. Houghton was pretty awful in that game, and bog standard in any other games I saw him in too.

Could never understand why he started so many games. Must have been down to the clause unfortunately.

We could spend all day talking about what went wrong in matches last season, there was many more factors than mentioned, let's move on. Good luck to rubes tho. He done well for us.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
edmonds200":1ir0lpiy said:
Just one observation regarding Houghton. In the 10 games before he signed, we earned 13 points and in the next 10 games that he played, we also earned 13 points. It seems to me that the rot had set in before he signed. Those 20 games were certainly not promotion form but, pro rata over 46 games, it would have earned us 59 points, so not relegation form either.
Anyhow, if Reuben is signing for Newport, I hope that he has a successful season, except when he plays against us. It was obvious that he needed to get away. End of my involvement in this thread.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Impossible!

His agent stated quite categorically that "plenty of clubs" were chasing his signature!

Methinks Reuben has been sold right up the Swanny by his agent!

He would have had a decent offer from Argyle and his agent fed him crap!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I posted a few weeks ago that I thought Reuben's agent had put him up the proverbial creek without a paddle. I think most of us could see the overhyping of interest in Reuben as a fairly amateurish attempt to create a market where in reality there wasn't one. Reuben---suggest you sack your agent and have a quite word with Derek Adams---who knows, there could be a place in the squad for you and you could be part of something very good over the next 3 or 4 years. Alternatively it could all end here and you could find yourself playing bit parts in non-league football.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I'm not totally convinced Adams wanted him.

Nov 9, 2008
Old Gunner":1jaqvd6g said:
I posted a few weeks ago that I thought Reuben's agent had put him up the proverbial creek without a paddle. I think most of us could see the overhyping of interest in Reuben as a fairly amateurish attempt to create a market where in reality there wasn't one. Reuben---suggest you sack your agent and have a quite word with Derek Adams---who knows, there could be a place in the squad for you and you could be part of something very good over the next 3 or 4 years. Alternatively it could all end here and you could find yourself playing bit parts in non-league football.

Imagine playing Rubes in the number 10 role to carry the ball forward and run and the defenders into space. If I was Adams I would at least offer him something else say until January

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
So would I TPG. We would be a real force.