Reuben - to Pompey (Cook - "No deal") | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben - to Pompey (Cook - "No deal")

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Know someone very close to the Pompey board and he said they definitely wont sign Reid today

Apparently they have been pushing the issue big time but the fee we asked for is way too high for a player with one year left on his contract

Wages were big time higher but our board have dug their heels in over the fee

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A proper Plymouth price for once

Well done board

C

Cobi Budge.

According to a friend of mine who is usually somewhat reliable, we've turned down offers from Pompey, Coventry & Notts County.

I wonder what our asking price was, 400k? Around that mark?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think it has to be £500k upfront to 1) put off suitors and 2) make it worthwhile to us even thou he's into his last year.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Emeraldinho":joe956ek said:
6pm cant come quick enough as far as Im concerned.

Absolutely. Keep him and we are a major player in the lower leagues and gunning for promotion. Lose him and it really is 'same old Argyle' and large parts of the optimism we have is lost.

Nervous now.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
well done to the board for not giving reuben away. :clap: with regards to paul cook and his arrogance,fine the club the most you can.i don't think pompey will be promoted this season and i reckon we'll beat 'em up there.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think 300K might be a more realistic price but what would we get for that? A 3 grand a week striker on a 2 year contract after probably forking out 200K in the first place perhaps? No guarantee he would be any better than Reid either. We couldn't sell him without replacing him as all we have left is Jervis who has made a very encouraging start and Brunt who is still finding his way in league football and is probably a league 2 journeyman type number 9 rather than a player who is going to inspire a promotion push. After that Harvey who we are still waiting to step up to the mark, the injured Smalley and a boy who is not yet ready for regular first team football. For people to say we have managed to get to 2nd after 5 games without any great input from Reid and to think that could be sustained with only the forward options we would have left is a bit naive and would be a massive gamble never mind taking away so much positivity that the fan base generally feel at the moment. IF the club felt an offer did come in that was just too good to turn down for a player nearing the end of his contract say 400/500k then the only thing that would appease most fans would be to spend the vast majority of it on buying a proven player of some quality for the lower leagues. As it stands unless behind the scenes Reid is seriously pushing to double his wages elsewhere, which I doubt then the club should stay strong as they appear to be doing. The feel good factor, the goodwill with the fan base would be well rewarded with a serious promotion push adding at least 20,000 paying customers over our likely budgeted for attendance figure for the remaining 20 home games which would cover any transfer fee lost now.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Dream on. For a player in his prime age wise who has never shown to be more than a top league 2 striker to date?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Mine too never mind those who think our remaining forward options are up to a long season and a promotion push.