Reuben's future | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben's future

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Morgan has been out for the majority of the season. It is possible that his fitness and strength is not where it should be but he can be nursed through the remainder of this season until we can better judge him when he has regular games under his belt.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Ade the green":3g89rmnn said:
Morgan has been out for the majority of the season. It is possible that his fitness and strength is not where it should be but he can be nursed through the remainder of this season until we can better judge him when he has regular games under his belt.
Seen enough of him, Boco and one or two others.

Time to move the deadwood out and replace with better and I think Sheridan might also think the same.

We wasted the first half of this season trying to accommodate new players like Morgan and Boco and in bringing in sub-standard loan signings whilst vainly trying to find the right formation and we dropped a lot of points in the process.

I appreciate that not every signing will be a success but we need to get the team right a lot earlier next season.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
demportdave":1sexkyoo said:
Ade the green":1sexkyoo said:
Seen enough of him, Boco and one or two others.

Time to move the deadwood out and replace with better and I think Sheridan might also think the same.

We wasted the first half of this season trying to accommodate new players like Morgan and Boco and in bringing in sub-standard loan signings whilst vainly trying to find the right formation and we dropped a lot of points in the process.

I appreciate that not every signing will be a success but we need to get the team right a lot earlier next season.

Agree, and think it's what Sheridan means by 'difficult decisions'.

Basically sounds like there'll be another reasonable clear out this Summer.

I'm pleased, but it would be great to start putting together a stable team.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
James Owen":2rmt7mtv said:
Surely, if his contract runs out end of this season, We can offer him a contract already?
Not until the end of the season. The 'six month' rule only applies to players at overseas clubs.

N

newquaygreen

Is the grass always greener if you move...many examples of that not being the case. If he wants stability then staying here is the answer. :scarf:

Oct 8, 2008
newquaygreen":2sk6khxs said:
Is the grass always greener if you move...many examples of that not being the case. If he wants stability then staying here is the answer. :scarf:

True but if he has the opportunity to earn more money he'll go, can't blame him either.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Reuben may well be off who knows. One thing though that is for sure is that Marvin will still be here. Happy days.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Graham Clark":39bzsv4v said:
Reuben is on a Full season Standard Loan with Argyle.

According to Football League Regulations (Players) paragraph 53 2.7 full season standard loans can become permanent transfers at any time during the period of the standard loan (which expires at the end of the season, whenever that may be)

It would appear, therefore, there is no regulatory impediment to securing Reuben on a permanent contract before the end of the season, rather than waiting for 1st July 2014. That would be a statement of intent for next season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regula ... 33_2125731
Seems I'm wrong then. Fair enough.

Mar 21, 2013
Well I'd be more then happy to see him stay, people may not be happy with the season but you'd be hard pressed to lay much blame at his feet.

Oct 22, 2009
Its weird he plays like he doesn't really care, doesn't celebrate when he scores but I noticed he was one of the first to come over and clap the fans yesterday. Hope he stays

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
If he stays, fine; but Sheridan, ffs get the right person alongside him.

Please don't play 3 up front as they always play too far apart and end up as isolated spectators watching the other team dominate possession. Reid needs a supporting player close to him to be at his most effective, as we saw when Lavery played alongside him.

Hoofball football to a lone forward is just giving the ball back to the opposition, as we have seen for so much of this season, particularly at home where we should be the team dominating possession.

And we have to get somebody in midfield who will score a few goals, the number of games in which we failed to score is a major reason for the failure to make the top 7.

Having a 20-goal striker is good, but I would rather see 4 or 5 players get double figures, as was the case in the Sturrock Promotion team.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
When asked about the possibility of staying with Argyle beyond this season, Reuben replied: "Obviously I would love to. It's been one of my more enjoyable seasons personally, and for the team, actually.

"We've made big improvements. If you look at the few years before now, I think we've done a massive job - from keeping us in the league last year to potentially going for the playoffs this year - and it's still not over, by the way.

"I love it here. Plymouth's the team I support, and it's a team I feel like I can give something to."
Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/gets ... pIDuRUl.99

Sounds to me it's a 'come and get me' plea....

Will have to see what happens I guess but it certainly does look like he wants to stay and should be Sheridan's first priority when the season ends to get him here on a permanent contract.