RIP Vivien Pengelly (Plus funeral details) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP Vivien Pengelly (Plus funeral details)

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
I was with Peter Ryan when we met Vivien in the Council House just after the club we went into administration. She said to us ‘Don’t worry I will not let the club die’. It is rare these days that politicians are true to their word. Like Ian I firmly believe that her actions working with James Brent did more than anyone to safeguard the future of the club.

She was a true Argyle supporter preferring to sit in the Lyndhurst than in the Director’s Box. It was never about her but more what she could do for others. Her natural warmth and affection was all embracing. She will be sadly missed.

RIP Vivien and thank you.
A fitting & well-informed tribute Graham, Thank you & also to the other posters above.
What a lady, What a fellow-Pilgrim!
Thank you & RIP Vivien 💚

Reactions: Belfast Green

Phil Mallett

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 16, 2003
Tadley, Hampshire.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I was with Peter Ryan when we met Vivien in the Council House just after the club we went into administration. She said to us ‘Don’t worry I will not let the club die’. It is rare these days that politicians are true to their word. Like Ian I firmly believe that her actions working with James Brent did more than anyone to safeguard the future of the club.

She was a true Argyle supporter preferring to sit in the Lyndhurst than in the Director’s Box. It was never about her but more what she could do for others. Her natural warmth and affection was all embracing. She will be sadly missed.

RIP Vivien and thank you.
That’s right Graham, I remember that meeting well. Her words (and more importantly actions) were a ray of light in a dreadful time for all who hold Argyle close to their hearts. A woman of her word and a dyed in the wool Green. One of those who would remember you too and have a kind word despite being a public figure who met zillions all the time. I am so sad to hear of her death and wish her family and friends comfort in their sadness.
Rest in Peace Vivien.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You could even see her feeling for Argyle from one line in the Evergreen video. RIP, seemed like a very lovely lady indeed.

IMG_5857.jpeg

Reactions: Belfast Green

NanGreenthing

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 22, 2010
Sad news RIP Vivien, condolences to all her family 😪

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Viv's funeral is today.

You should know that the Argyle flag that travels with her on her journey, was paid for from the Pasoti GDF.

It's Argyle green (she and I discussed our favourite colour over many seasons) with a simple white crest. Very tasteful.

Jon her son thanks all those that contributed.

Screenshot_20230628_132909_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Viv's funeral is today.

You should know that the Argyle flag that travels with her on her journey, was paid for from the Pasoti GDF.

It's Argyle green (she and I discussed our favourite colour over many seasons) with a simple white crest. Very tasteful.

Jon her son thanks all those that contributed.

View attachment 10301
Thanks Ian. I guess it was pretty full was it ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Unfortunately Malc I'm in Norway at the moment.

I know loads that ARE attending though.