Ryan Brunt | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Brunt

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Lots of sensible comment on this thread. The guy's not Pele, but his attitude is fantastic.Only one player really put himself about today, and I was so pleased for him that he got the goal. I always especially want him to do well because I like his work ethic

At the same time, Jervis is no number 9, but that's not to denigrate his fine achievements on the right hand side of an attacking three.

Oct 5, 2013
Akos Bubacksy":2u35u8ns said:
I don't think it is that Jervis does not try, he just cannot play as a lone striker with his back to goal, he is good with the ball at his feet or playing off someone. I do feel he could do well with Brunt upfront, or preferable on the right wing, as it is hard to track him from the wing and he gets time to get the ball under control. I feel brunt should be up top with either tanner or Wylde making way (depending on which is more suitable to the opposition we face).

Yes, agree, Brunty definitely to start at the moment.
Can anyone come up with stats for goals scored with him on pitch as against goals scored without him on pitch, would make interesting analysis maybe.

H

HeathrowJanner

Brunt has earned his start after getting the winner at Luton and his superb strike yesterday saved our skins after what was one of the poorest games I've ever seen us play.He's a big powerful player and gives his all.At one stage yesterday he simply picked up one of their players and threw him out the way.League two football at its most glorious.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
philevs":22y9h0z0 said:
Akos Bubacksy":22y9h0z0 said:
I don't think it is that Jervis does not try, he just cannot play as a lone striker with his back to goal, he is good with the ball at his feet or playing off someone. I do feel he could do well with Brunt upfront, or preferable on the right wing, as it is hard to track him from the wing and he gets time to get the ball under control. I feel brunt should be up top with either tanner or Wylde making way (depending on which is more suitable to the opposition we face).

Can anyone come up with stats for goals scored with him on pitch as against goals scored without him on pitch, would make interesting analysis maybe.
In League goals
14 with
16 without

Oct 5, 2013
Argy1e":jwb26ofx said:
philevs":jwb26ofx said:
Akos Bubacksy":jwb26ofx said:

In League goals
14 with
16 without

Thanks.
Correlated to time spent on pitch, does this perhaps show his value in a surprising way?
It seems to me he can be played alongside anyone, and he makes things happen for the team.
Got to be a starter, for me, regardless of whether or not Reuben is fit. And certainly in preference up top to Jake.

L

leelowndes27

After seeing jervis attempt the lone striker role at Oxford I think brunt should have started from then on.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I think it works out to a goal every 51 minutes with Brunt on the pitch whereas without Brunt it's a goal every 68 minutes. (Could have worked that out completely wrong though)

C

Cobi Budge.

Goes back to my thread I posted in the week about Jervis. He's wasted by himself up top, on the right or left he's very dangerous and that's where the majority of his goals come from. Brunt is a lot better than he's given credit for, it isn't all just about his wok rate as fantastic as it is, his off the ball movement is second to none, he occupies defences which therefore creates the space that players like Carey & Tanner enjoy, space that isn't there when Jervis plays up top. When RR is out, Brunt needs to play.

Oct 5, 2013
Argy1e":d73jwair said:
I think it works out to a goal every 51 minutes with Brunt on the pitch whereas without Brunt it's a goal every 68 minutes. (Could have worked that out completely wrong though)

Thanks for this. If so, even allowing for the difference given that he has often come on with tiring defences, the figures surely do speak for themselves.

Oct 5, 2013
Cobi Budge.":2tcpzeyz said:
Goes back to my thread I posted in the week about Jervis. He's wasted by himself up top, on the right or left he's very dangerous and that's where the majority of his goals come from. Brunt is a lot better than he's given credit for, it isn't all just about his wok rate as fantastic as it is, his off the ball movement is second to none, he occupies defences which therefore creates the space that players like Carey & Tanner enjoy, space that isn't there when Jervis plays up top. When RR is out, Brunt needs to play.

Exactly. Jake doesn't seem able to play the central role, whereas Brunty definitely can.
Brunt and Jervis (or Brunt and Reid, if latter fit) to start next match, for me.

D

davetrevaskus

Paven":2g84m63z said:
It's easy in hindsight but there was a good argument for him starting today.. Or at least being utilised a lot earlier than he was.

How much earlier? He came on at half time!

I agree with the majority of posts - he should have started at Oxford and from then on. He's the direct replacement for the physicality of Reid. Jervis gets bullied too easily and is much more of a threat coming in off the flank.

Jun 8, 2014
davetrevaskus":1a71sdj4 said:
Paven":1a71sdj4 said:
It's easy in hindsight but there was a good argument for him starting today.. Or at least being utilised a lot earlier than he was.

How much earlier? He came on at half time!

I agree with the majority of posts - he should have started at Oxford and from then on. He's the direct replacement for the physicality of Reid. Jervis gets bullied too easily and is much more of a threat coming in off the flank.

:doh: :lol:

Just a case for him starting then!