Sack Adams now | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sack Adams now

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Adams will now have a full pre-season and by August should have a team that is more his own. Hopefully he can bring in the necessary additions to make us a tougher unit. If we keep a good number of this season's players I will be satisfied so long as there are a couple of really strong signings. This is by far a better approach than sacking Adams, which is a bit of a non-starter anway.

May 1, 2011
Ollieargyle9":2vwylws7 said:
edmonds200":2vwylws7 said:
It wasn't just injuries! Mr Adams seemed to lose bravery and judgement in the second half of the season compared to pre december i.e. the game against Notts County where Reub got 2! He took off Wylde after 25 mins to change the game even tho it was still 0-0.

It's been a weird old season from DA that's for sure. Many expected him to start slowly before growing into the league as the season wore on. As it turned out though the league seemed to kick the stuffing out of him as it went on.

Hopefully the summer break will give him a chance to sit down and think back over his approach to last season. He will need to come out fighting again next year as he did before; no fear, no worrying about upsetting the opposition, no worrying about upsetting players, ignoring the criticisms and to some extent praise from us fans.

He is a good manager no doubt about it, it just seems as though something was lost along the way last year, something that hopefully he can recapture this summer.

A very good evaluation of the season, let's hope Adams can kick on another step next year.

G

greengiant1886

Fat_green_belly":1vi5qv9n said:
jimbo":1vi5qv9n said:
Thick janners forget really quickly.

Give it a week they will forget they are still in the 4th division.
Who you calling thick? :mad:
Jimbo the greek maybe?
Whatever.
Jimbo rhymes with thicko.
No it doesn't.

greengiant1886":1o3criai said:
Fat_green_belly":1o3criai said:
jimbo":1o3criai said:

Jimbo the greek maybe?
Whatever.
No it doesn't.
Well they,ve both got an O at the end aint they? :)
For all you trad poets out there think of it as surreal rhyming then.
Modern art sort of. Uncomforming. You know pile of bricks.
That sort of thing. :thumbs:

Sep 6, 2006
edmonds200":1v2x2ln1 said:
BTW despite my post I don't think we as a club could currently attract anyone half as good as Derek Adams. He is a championship level manager minimum and certainly better than Stubbs and the Norwich manager

Just hot air. No evidence to prove it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Fat_green_belly":2s9wx9lg said:
greengiant1886":2s9wx9lg said:
Fat_green_belly":2s9wx9lg said:
jimbo":2s9wx9lg said:

Jimbo the greek maybe?
Whatever.
No it doesn't.

try: Dimbo?? :think:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
We are very lucky to have Derek Adams as our manager

81 Points any other season would have given us promotion

Enjoyed the play offs and day out at Wembley but not the result

Next Season will be exciting again as we go for promotion again

In Adams We Trust :thumbs:

Pogleswoody":3j1up3kf said:
Fat_green_belly":3j1up3kf said:
greengiant1886":3j1up3kf said:
Fat_green_belly":3j1up3kf said:
jimbo":3j1up3kf said:

Jimbo the greek maybe?
Whatever.
No it doesn't.

try: Dimbo?? :think:
Nice one pogle.
Jimbo simpo?
Jimbo jumbo dumbo? Hmmm. Perhaps not.

Oct 5, 2013
Bristol Rich":2ge5egdn said:
Ollieargyle9":2ge5egdn said:
edmonds200":2ge5egdn said:
It wasn't just injuries! Mr Adams seemed to lose bravery and judgement in the second half of the season compared to pre december i.e. the game against Notts County where Reub got 2! He took off Wylde after 25 mins to change the game even tho it was still 0-0.

It's been a weird old season from DA that's for sure. Many expected him to start slowly before growing into the league as the season wore on. As it turned out though the league seemed to kick the stuffing out of him as it went on.

Hopefully the summer break will give him a chance to sit down and think back over his approach to last season. He will need to come out fighting again next year as he did before; no fear, no worrying about upsetting the opposition, no worrying about upsetting players, ignoring the criticisms and to some extent praise from us fans.

He is a good manager no doubt about it, it just seems as though something was lost along the way last year, something that hopefully he can recapture this summer.

A very good evaluation of the season, let's hope Adams can kick on another step next year.

I agree, this is very well put.
To me, his downturn seemed to start when he said we were going to really go after Northampton and try and finish top, and then something like "that's why not everyone's got it in them to be a manager" after we'd pulled off a good win. Something seemed to put him out of his stride, and his own performance in terms of tactics and motivation seemed to drop.

Jul 13, 2006
I am surprised this thread has got to 23 pages without the title being amended, bearing in mind too, the majority of posters wanting him to stay.

Jul 6, 2005
foreigner":2mj2pkoa said:
I am surprised this thread has got to 23 pages without the title being amended, bearing in mind too, the majority of posters wanting him to stay.
Whilst he has attracted a lot of criticism because of his many shortcomings, you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who have actually called for Adams to be sacked and the original poster at the start of the thread clearly states that he is not calling for the removal of Adams. Yet the Mods have stubbornly and misleadingly left "Sack Adams now" as the title of this thread.