Saturday Match Thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Saturday Match Thread

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
1898":35vkmlge said:
17,400 at our place today. In league 2. Bet you'd love attendances like that wouldn't ya. PUP
Well done on having a lot of fans. I hope it reminds you every week of just how far you've fallen.

BlueinPL20

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Oct 14, 2016
Argy1e":an7f66bx said:
1898":an7f66bx said:
17,400 at our place today. In league 2. Bet you'd love attendances like that wouldn't ya. PUP
Well done on having a lot of fans. I hope it reminds you every week of just how far you've fallen.

At least we`ve been there, the Premier League, FA Cup winners 2008, Wembley 5 times in two years. Explain why Argyle have never done any of these?

Apr 29, 2016
1898":35wtus76 said:

Hear ex Disney chief is interested in buying you. Always said that you were a Mickey Mouse outfit!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Funny how the Pompey boys are back now they have a sniff of promotion. It all went very quiet for several months when the top 3 looked unlikely for them. It just shows they do care about us just a teeny weeny bit. Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning springs to mind. Another great performance yesterday hanging on against the mighty Newport. I bet they can't wait to be back amongst the big boys where they so belong, spending money almost criminally for a brief flirtation in the big time.

Nov 16, 2006
BlueinPL20":2dhr3lt6 said:
Argy1e":2dhr3lt6 said:
1898":2dhr3lt6 said:

At least we`ve been there, the Premier League, FA Cup winners 2008, Wembley 5 times in two years. Explain why Argyle have never done any of these?

Because at our lowest ebb, our debt was about £20m, whereas you had to rack up a debt of £120m to be successful. Easy. Give me another.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Welwyn Pilgrim":bw8niifk said:
Hard to believe players are "throwing" games with the intention of getting the manger sacked which ones assumes is their ultimate aim?? That said, rumours are it happened at Leicester when they sacked their they manager and have miraculously turned their form around. Keith Curle seems a decent bloke and doesnt deserve this if it's happening...but their current form is hard to believe..

Carlisle players might even think that they cannot cope with the skill demands of a higher League and therefore are happy to stay in SKY 2, so they might not be shunted out at the end of the season. In other words stay within their comfort zone?

Apr 30, 2011
BlueinPL20":2znbt8l6 said:
Argy1e":2znbt8l6 said:
1898":2znbt8l6 said:

Because we have lesser crowds and a smaller budget.

Why do you think Portsmouth have finished below Argyle in each of the last three seasons?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well... If there were as many empty seats as that at Argyle for a similar game I'd be embarrassed.

I think the Keepmoat is smaller than Home Park too, isn't it?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Not sure this requires a minute silence, either.... Tin hat on.

Edit....Wrong match thread!

BlueinPL20":2ffn7j2l said:

Because we stayed within our means until the big boys came sniffing around and stripped the club of everything. You, on the other hand, spent money you didn't have, bought your way to success, ruined local businesses and now whinge because you think you're a big club in the bottom division.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
1898":94np9uxd said:

Played 39, Points 75. Bet you'd like ability like that wouldn't ya :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
AdelaideGreen":28jwctcn said:
1898":28jwctcn said:

Played 39, Points 75. Bet you'd like ability like that wouldn't ya :scarf:

Wonder what Pompey's best home attendance will be next season? :think: In league 2 (sic and sick) :think: