Saturday Match Thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Saturday Match Thread

Apr 15, 2016
Pompey fans never fail to make me laugh at them. Come on here now they're actually doing alright, just to remind us they don't care about us. Which contradicts itself anyway!

In true Keegan fashion I would love it if we were promoted there.

BlueinPL20

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Oct 14, 2016
Bermudian Green":2xgi31gk said:
BlueinPL20":2xgi31gk said:
At least we`ve been there, the Premier League, FA Cup winners 2008, Wembley 5 times in two years. Explain why Argyle have never done any of these?

Because we stayed within our means until the big boys came sniffing around and stripped the club of everything. You, on the other hand, spent money you didn't have, bought your way to success, ruined local businesses and now whinge because you think you're a big club in the bottom division.

You only believe what you want to believe because it was not actually like that at all. However you cannot take away two FA Cup wins [1939 & 2008 just to help you out + two First Division (now Premier League) titles 1949 & 1950] whilst you were mainly in the nether regions of the four divisions. We are not whinging as we were relegated on the back of various Owners asset stripping, the 2008 financial crisis & three lots of points deductions, we are where we are. Our Support though, has been maintained with 12,000 season ticket holders and we are totally debt free. Your support is amazingly fickle, 8,500+ went to Liverpool but your next home game gate struggled to get over 8,000 in total and you still are in debt! Do not use the old chestnut that we bought our success, look at most of the Premier League Clubs & some Championship Clubs they have all tried to throw money at trying to get success. With Argyle, anybody with any money would do their homework and avoid Plymouth like the plague. Not withstanding I hope both of our Clubs get promoted this season

May 16, 2016
Pompey have as many fickle fans as Argyle, its all relative. Well done on 12,000 Season Ticket Holders. How many is that compared to your glorious PL days. How many remember the 1939, 1949 and 1950 Seasons ?

Oct 31, 2015
BlueinPL20":3j8jlo7x said:
Bermudian Green":3j8jlo7x said:
BlueinPL20":3j8jlo7x said:
At least we`ve been there, the Premier League, FA Cup winners 2008, Wembley 5 times in two years. Explain why Argyle have never done any of these?

Because we stayed within our means until the big boys came sniffing around and stripped the club of everything. You, on the other hand, spent money you didn't have, bought your way to success, ruined local businesses and now whinge because you think you're a big club in the bottom division.

You only believe what you want to believe because it was not actually like that at all. However you cannot take away two FA Cup wins [1939 & 2008 just to help you out + two First Division (now Premier League) titles 1949 & 1950] whilst you were mainly in the nether regions of the four divisions. We are not whinging as we were relegated on the back of various Owners asset stripping, the 2008 financial crisis & three lots of points deductions, we are where we are. Our Support though, has been maintained with 12,000 season ticket holders and we are totally debt free. Your support is amazingly fickle, 8,500+ went to Liverpool but your next home game gate struggled to get over 8,000 in total and you still are in debt! Do not use the old chestnut that we bought our success, look at most of the Premier League Clubs & some Championship Clubs they have all tried to throw money at trying to get success. With Argyle, anybody with any money would do their homework and avoid Plymouth like the plague. Not withstanding I hope both of our Clubs get promoted this season

Cock :funny: :funny:

We are still in the same division or hadn't you noticed. you have have had 2 administrations so youa re winning that historical battle as well :thumbs: Oh yea your not interested in us at all are you so you wouldn't notice little ole plymiff would you. Once DSC always DSC it will never change

B

Blue_in_Devon

Guiri Green":1w0nd6ks said:
Pompey have as many fickle fans as Argyle, its all relative. Well done on 12,000 Season Ticket Holders. How many is that compared to your glorious PL days. How many remember the 1939, 1949 and 1950 Seasons ?

It may come as a surprise to many but this season we have SIXTEEN times as many season ticket holders as we had when we were Champions of England for the first time in 1948/49.

This season we have average home gates of 16,700 with 12,500 season ticket holders

In 1948/49 we averaged over 37,000 but had precisely 782 season ticket holders.

In those days ALL clubs had very few (if any) season ticket holders.

During our halcyon days, we also attracted over 30,000 to a reserve match at Fratton Park and smashed the all-time British record crowd for a friendly match - almost 200,000 in the Maracana during our tour of Brazil.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
BlueinPL20":39yiafkb said:
Argy1e":39yiafkb said:
1898":39yiafkb said:
17,400 at our place today. In league 2. Bet you'd love attendances like that wouldn't ya. PUP
Well done on having a lot of fans. I hope it reminds you every week of just how far you've fallen.

Well obviously Argyle have never won any of those because Pompey were too busy winning them. Means very little these days though. We're both in the same league, but we're higher in the pyramid. Enjoy your history if you can, from my perspective though, it's not really anything to shout about anymore.

I think it's quite amusing that Pompey fans want to register on another teams forum to tell them how much bigger and better their club is. What a waste of your time. I hope you're treating all the other clubs in the bottom league as fairly. I wonder if you've been lauding it over Doncaster, Carlisle, Exeter, Accrington, Morecambe etc. You've won more top league titles and fa cups than all the others in this league put together, that's not news to anyone. In fact, it just shows how far down you've fallen, but right now you're just a little less poo than Stevenage FC and a bit more poo than us. You're in the bottom division you numpties. Hahaha!

BlueinPL20":3q67u8qz said:

Ahhh, there we go. I wondered when the old 1939, 1949 and 1950 arguments would come in. fudge me, by that argument, Old Etonians would make you look poor. You bought your recent "success", live with it.

May 16, 2016
Blue_in_Devon":19seyve1 said:
Guiri Green":19seyve1 said:

It may come as a surprise to many but this season we have SIXTEEN times as many season ticket holders as we had when we were Champions of England for the first time in 1948/49.

This season we have average home gates of 16,700 with 12,500 season ticket holders

In 1948/49 we averaged over 37,000 but had precisely 782 season ticket holders.

In those days ALL clubs had very few (if any) season ticket holders.

During our halcyon days, we also attracted over 30,000 to a reserve match at Fratton Park and smashed the all-time British record crowd for a friendly match - almost 200,000 in the Maracana during our tour of Brazil.

Good old Wikipedia.