Season Tickets | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Tickets

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So, we are the cheapest in Devon.

Come on greens, it's a bargain.

Jan 3, 2013
oddball":9v308j2n said:
djg145":9v308j2n said:
IJN":9v308j2n said:
oddball":9v308j2n said:
IJN":9v308j2n said:
I think your missing the point.

What gets up some people's noses (mine definitely) is the banner waving 'I'm not paying for a season ticket' bunch.

OK, don't then, but don't go on and on about it.

Of course people are entitled not too, as Oddball said earlier 1000's of people chose not to when they got bored watching the same old Championship teams, which in my view accelerated our visit to administration, but why bang on about it?

IJN ...if there were several threads on the subject as there were for example on Sheridan then I would agree with you but one thread on season tickets is hardly"banging on about it",rather more a band of interested posters discussing in a quite friendly way the pros and cons of buying a season ticket. Season tickets and admission prices are emotive subjects especially in the "close season" when numbers,prices,will I wont I, issues are topical.Torquay have, according to reports sold 57 season tickets for next season so I expect it will be as hot a topic there as well.

Fair point Al, but when you say it's expensive, surely it's worth visiting what other football clubs in our are are doing.

We are the cheapest in Devon. Doesn't that suggest the pricing is bang on?

OMG IJN - that is a shock, having never looked at the other Devon clubs prices.

Exeter: Adult (main stand) £488.75 = £21.25p a game!! Under 18 £195.50 = £8.50p a game

Exeter Premium Seat = £508.30!!! And you can have a padded seat for £30 more lol.

Torquay : Adult (Bristow's Bench) £395 Under 18 £145 Under 16 £120!! NON LEAGUE

Argyle: Adult = £380 = £16.52 per game Under 18 = £98

Those Exeter prices beggar belief ..... £488!!!!!!..... a ridiculous amount to watch a season of 4th division footy. The thing is Exeter is run by a fans trust,who one would think would make prices affordable to the average joe soap...so much for fans trusts if that is an example.
God I'll never complain about argo prices again! Don't these clubs ever get it? Torquay are non league! Exeter have a poor stadium. Why don't they do what Bradford have done? Torquay 57 tickets, bradford 14,000. I'm happy with Argo's price structure.....don't faint ian! Ps it's you're not your mate! :lol:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":2kc6o7pi said:
I didn't say 'you' Tony, I said 'disaffected fans like you'. I do wish you would read what I said not what you think I said. The English language is a wonderful tool when used correctly. :greensmile:

I certainly do understand the point of a message board, it's to debate and swap stories and on this one to support the club we both support in our own way.

As for long enough support, there's no criteria for that from a chronology point of view, but I always think that attending fans have the bragging rights over their lapsed counterparts. Saying that, If i lived where you lived I doubt if I'd be attending all the time either.

'Pay up and keep quiet'? When have I ever kept quiet? Like you, I find that impossible.

Emirates? I thought you were a Man U fan:)

And to be fair, 'disaffected fans like you'. seems to include me. But heck, the semantics of our language are deep and mysterious at times.

Now, lets have some Friendlies up this way for PASTA to enjoy:)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
LG":u9n8c7z0 said:
How's about doing a special 'buy a season ticket now and get a new half n half scarf thrown in' incentive?

How about having the season ticket barcode stitched into the scarf so it has to be worn to get in? :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1ufndg38 said:
LG":1ufndg38 said:
How's about doing a special 'buy a season ticket now and get a new half n half scarf thrown in' incentive?

How about having the season ticket barcode stitched into the scarf so it has to be worn to get in? :greensmile:
Cracking idea.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2lsqytnq said:
£380 to sit down at a football match in this division is by no means the most expensive Alan.

It would be higher if it were to include coming back to win from a goal behind ;)

Aug 10, 2006
Knarf Reprah":pj8bcrlw said:
oddball":pj8bcrlw said:
djg145":pj8bcrlw said:
IJN":pj8bcrlw said:
oddball":pj8bcrlw said:
IJN":pj8bcrlw said:
I think your missing the point.

What gets up some people's noses (mine definitely) is the banner waving 'I'm not paying for a season ticket' bunch.

OK, don't then, but don't go on and on about it.

Of course people are entitled not too, as Oddball said earlier 1000's of people chose not to when they got bored watching the same old Championship teams, which in my view accelerated our visit to administration, but why bang on about it?

IJN ...if there were several threads on the subject as there were for example on Sheridan then I would agree with you but one thread on season tickets is hardly"banging on about it",rather more a band of interested posters discussing in a quite friendly way the pros and cons of buying a season ticket. Season tickets and admission prices are emotive subjects especially in the "close season" when numbers,prices,will I wont I, issues are topical.Torquay have, according to reports sold 57 season tickets for next season so I expect it will be as hot a topic there as well.

Fair point Al, but when you say it's expensive, surely it's worth visiting what other football clubs in our are are doing.

We are the cheapest in Devon. Doesn't that suggest the pricing is bang on?

OMG IJN - that is a shock, having never looked at the other Devon clubs prices.

Exeter: Adult (main stand) £488.75 = £21.25p a game!! Under 18 £195.50 = £8.50p a game

Exeter Premium Seat = £508.30!!! And you can have a padded seat for £30 more lol.

Torquay : Adult (Bristow's Bench) £395 Under 18 £145 Under 16 £120!! NON LEAGUE

Argyle: Adult = £380 = £16.52 per game Under 18 = £98

Those Exeter prices beggar belief ..... £488!!!!!!..... a ridiculous amount to watch a season of 4th division footy. The thing is Exeter is run by a fans trust,who one would think would make prices affordable to the average joe soap...so much for fans trusts if that is an example.
God I'll never complain about argo prices again! Don't these clubs ever get it? Torquay are non league! Exeter have a poor stadium. Why don't they do what Bradford have done? Torquay 57 tickets, bradford 14,000. I'm happy with Argo's price structure.....don't faint ian! Ps it's you're not your mate! :lol:
what's wrong with argyle doing a Bradford at least it would stop starnes or staines or what ever his name is moaning about the home support.

Mar 6, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":2x1di3ux said:
Can't believe any Exeter supporter paying for a Season Ticket!!

reminds me of a time when I was out for a meal with friends one of them being an Exeter fan at the time they were in the conference, he was talking about his day at St James Park and how he had to queue to get in when my wife looked up from her menu and said with complete innocence "do they actually charge to watch that level of football"?

priceless!!! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lundan Cabbie":ygie6ajb said:
LG":ygie6ajb said:

Is it silly of me for thinking that's a really good idea....?

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
That is a lot for Exeter, but remember the fact that they are fan owned means they can't rely on loans from board members when there is a cash flow problem. If they are owned by fans then fans will feel less hard done by when they have to pay extra into the coffers each season. With fan ownership comes a vote for each member on who sits on the board and spends your money and to some extent how they spend it.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Martyn Starnes often goes off on one ,moaning about the lack of support,but then the club price the season tickets as one of the most expensive in this division,and the match day ticket prices also.What do you expect Martyn.....(any AFT reading this)........ future question to Martyn perhaps....

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
All to be honest I can't remember seeing Starnes complaining about the lack of support.
Are you a member of the AFT.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Still £108 cheaper than Exeter as well.

He's on one Mike. There's no stopping him.

Cheaper than Exeter, cheaper than Torquay and now we have fiction about Martyn Starnes who has always stated how wonderful Argyle's support is.