Season Tickets | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Tickets

Always seemed to be Peter Jones bemoaning our support at every opportunity to me, not Martyn Starnes.

Personally I feel the early bird offers good value and I try to budget (started saving for the next one as soon as I purchased mine this year) to ensure I can take advantage of this offer at the end of the season. Whilst it could be argued it is expensive for the level of football offered, I'd much rather pay that than £20+ a match!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN":2xf7p5mi said:
Still £108 cheaper than Exeter as well.

He's on one Mike. There's no stopping him.

Cheaper than Exeter, cheaper than Torquay and now we have fiction about Martyn Starnes who has always stated how wonderful Argyle's support is.

IJN ...Peter Jones famously came on here some while ago posting as Iddsleigh green,and told Argyle supporters to go and watch Manchester United.I am sure Postey could turn up the relevant post and show it on here.Peter got caught out, I believe, on the site that can't be named.Rick Cowdery was another one that had a pop at the green army for their lack of support as well,on the official site. I think that Martyn Starnes had a dig at the green army as well at some point. I'll ferret around and see if I can turn it up.

Sep 20, 2003
oddball":3kuo5p98 said:
IJN":3kuo5p98 said:

Cheaper than Exeter, cheaper than Torquay and now we have fiction about Martyn Starnes who has always stated how wonderful Argyle's support is.

IJN ...Peter Jones famously came on here some while ago posting as Iddsleigh green,and told Argyle supporters to go and watch Manchester United.I am sure Postey could turn up the relevant post and show it on here.Peter got caught out, I believe, on the site that can't be named.Rick Cowdery was another one that had a pop at the green army for their lack of support as well,on the official site. I think that Martyn Starnes had a dig at the green army as well at some point. I'll ferret around and see if I can turn it up.

A bit different to your previous
Martyn Starnes often goes off on one ,moaning about the lack of support,

Mar 29, 2011
It's about supply and demand. It's a business.

If reducing the tickets by £100 will obtain the same revenue by selling more tickets then they'd do it. The problem is, even when there's a ticket offer, we don't sell enough. I bet a lot of people are reading this on their £500 iPhones, yet aren't bemoaning the price they pay per month for that.

We're a lower league club trying to earn some money. The more we can get will help us sign better players. We don't get the luxury sponsorship of higher leagues, hence why they can charge the same or less as they have this extra buffer.

H

HPRJohn

It is all relative though. It doesn't matter what Exeter or Torquay charge really £380 is still expensive for some people and as such will be upset when they cant afford it! In these times £380 on entertainment may be the easiest cost to cut should the need arise. I have just bought my first ST in 5 years because in my old job I regularly worked weekends and nights so couldn't make every game, new job new manager I thought why not!! First home game.... on call 1 in 26 chance!! O well

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Wozzer":39iiu7cj said:
oddball":39iiu7cj said:
IJN":39iiu7cj said:

Don't let no evidence get in the way of a good mud throwing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
HPRJohn":4gm4k2b5 said:
It is all relative though. It doesn't matter what Exeter or Torquay charge really £380 is still expensive for some people and as such will be upset when they cant afford it! In these times £380 on entertainment may be the easiest cost to cut should the need arise. I have just bought my first ST in 5 years because in my old job I regularly worked weekends and nights so couldn't make every game, new job new manager I thought why not!! First home game.... on call 1 in 26 chance!! O well

John, let's be fair was £320.

A few people have waited until the price has risen by £60 before the claim (falsely as it happens) that Argyle are the most expensive. The newspaper article included some Early Bird offers but not Argyle's - how does that work then?

Also, it really does matter what ECFC and TUFC are charging. They are in the same area as us, and their league placing would suggest we get good value for money.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":3flvaf93 said:
Wozzer":3flvaf93 said:
oddball":3flvaf93 said:
IJN":3flvaf93 said:

Don't let no evidence get in the way of a good mud throwing.
Saw a good bit of mud throwing at the weekend. :thumbs:

H

HPRJohn

HPRJohn wrote:

John, let's be fair was £320.

A few people have waited until the price has risen by £60 before the claim (falsely as it happens) that Argyle are the most expensive. The newspaper article included some Early Bird offers but not Argyle's - how does that work then?

Also, it really does matter what ECFC and TUFC are charging. They are in the same area as us, and their league placing would suggest we get good value for money.

The point seems to have been lost - Even at £320 it may be too expensive for some. It is still £320 people have to justify not spending elsewhere. I agree it is much better value than Exeter and Torquay, and I'm not saying it should be cheaper (I'm happy paying £380 to get the seat next to my Dad even though i'll miss more than my fair share of games) - I'm saying just because it is better value than those around us doesn't necessarily make it good value in everyones eyes

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would think £250 is 'too expensive for some' John.

It's where to stop.

I would say being cheaper than TUFC is low enough.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Football attendance in general is too expensive for a lot of people, but I don't think we can really complain at Argyle's prices in comparison to others. As long as the money the club makes is put into the playing squad then the prices are needed.

Reducing prices will result in an increased attendance, but probably nowhere near enough to justify the cut.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
IJN":1tgon0fi said:
The price that should be used in such a debate is £320, as no many in their right mind would wait to pay an extra £60 Alan (although I understand there might be some that can't afford £320 at the time of being asked). However the piece that we all read was full of inconsistencies. You can ignore them all you want, but it doesn't make it less true.

Both TUFC and ECFC our nearest neighbours are far more expensive than us, if you compare seating prices. because we have been in the CCC we are blighted with being all seater, whereas they are not.

You know at least a dozen that won't be attending in the Business Lounge do you? Or again, is that made up? I think it is.

I guess you can take it two ways... compare seating prices or compare pricing across the board and the accessibility to watch your club.

Some people don't care about seating and/or prefer to stand so would gravitate towards the cheapest price available regardless.

Either way, £320 is pretty good for a season ticket when you consider it's around £14 per game (30% saving) plus other benefits. It costs a tenner to watch Bideford against Argyle in a pre-season friendly!