Sharing with Torquay? Confirmed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sharing with Torquay? Confirmed

Oct 5, 2013
Means players can live in Exeter area and be just as close to training as the Plymouth based players.
Could not having the extra hour on the A38, living in a (if we're being unbiased) decent enough city and having a proper airport on the doorstep be enough to tempt the odd extra player down?[/quote]

Excellent point, seems a really good idea

Dec 3, 2005
Wasn't Seale Hayne owned by Plymouth University? Sure when I passed it a couple years ago there was a sign outside for Plymouth Uni. It is ideal location and like someone said the players can live outside Plymouth and not have to travel far at all.

Dec 3, 2005
Quinny":3mz58os8 said:
Yep, it was an agricultural college owned by the university, but closed about 10 years ago.

OMG really that long ago - holy poo - times passing by to quickly. :facepalm:

Apr 4, 2004
I wonder if any of the youngsters who are going to be told they will have to commute an extra 60 miles for each session will find it will be a stretch to far. I would imagine that the under 18s must be training almost daily. That could equate to an extra few hundred miles and several extra hours travelling every week, on top of what they are already doing. That's a big ask for any Cornwall based players.

I have no doubt that a training facility is needed. But always thought we would end up with the old cricket club land transformed into a HQ that could accommodate all the various age groups as well a the first team. To my knowledge that lump of land is just sitting there doing nothing. Such a shame that it couldn't be put to good use.

Apr 4, 2004
No of course not. But I do want what is best for the club. We are crying out for a base for training. I hear that our youngsters are all over the place for training and matches. It can't be easy for our staff to deal with venues that are not under the clubs control. Maybe the share with Torquay is good for now but its never a long term solution, is it?