Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room. | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
The season could have ended up far worse, although with 7/8 games to go it could have ended a lot better than where we sit now.

People's expectations are incredible, they really are.

Although it is disappointing to finish mid-table after our good run, I would have certainly taken it at the start of the season.

Lets see how the summer break goes and who Sheridan brings in.
If we do not make an impression in the first half of next season, then I expect his job to be under pressure.

He's won this league before as a manager (albeit with a good coaching team), so there must be something there...

P

Paul_Roberts

Emu":2i5sd5v4 said:
The season could have ended up far worse, although with 7/8 games to go it could have ended a lot better than where we sit now.

Although it is disappointing to finish mid-table after our good run, I would have certainly taken it at the start of the season.

If we do not make an impression in the first half of next season, then I expect his job to be under pressure.

He's won this league before as a manager (albeit with a good coaching team), so there must be something there...

I think the pressure will definitely be on if we're not in the top seven fairly early on.

With the club continuing to haemorrhage cash, Mr Brent can't afford to back the wrong horse for long if it means us staying in League Two for yet another season.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Emu":2nqfeqfw said:

^ My thoughts exactly.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I think that those Argyle fans who say that they would have taken anywhere above mid-table at the start of the season choose to overlook the fact that a month ago we were looking a good bet to make the Play-Offs.

But since those heady days we have slumped alarmingly, gaining a mere 4 points from 21 and have lost 3 consecutive home games in a very disappointing manner.

We have disintegrated into little more than a footballing shambles and Sheridan has been incapable of doing anything about it apart from publicly slagging off the players to disguise his own shortcomings as a Manager and unbelievably, blaming the good standard of the Home Park pitch!

I think that is why the season is ending on a very negative note for many people and why there is little hope or expectation of any significant improvement next year, particularly as Sheridan has told us umpteen times that he cannot get players to come down here.

I doubt we are suddenly going to become a footballing Mecca that attracts players down here because we finished mid-table in the bottom Division.

Oct 15, 2013
demportdave":om5up59y said:
I think that those Argyle fans who say that they would have taken anywhere above mid-table at the start of the season choose to overlook the fact that a month ago we were looking a good bet to make the Play-Offs.

But since those heady days we have slumped alarmingly, gaining a mere 4 points from 21 and have lost 3 consecutive home games in a very disappointing manner.

We have disintegrated into little more than a footballing shambles and Sheridan has been incapable of doing anything about it apart from publicly slagging off the players to disguise his own shortcomings as a Manager and unbelievably, blaming the good standard of the Home Park pitch!

I think that is why the season is ending on a very negative note for many people and why there is little hope or expectation of any significant improvement next year, particularly as Sheridan has told us umpteen times that he cannot get players to come down here.

I doubt we are suddenly going to become a footballing Mecca that attracts players down here because we finished mid-table in the bottom Division.

I agree with much of this. The last several games have been a total shambles with us being passed off our own park and soundly beaten by many smaller clubs.
I couldn't give a monkeys if 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 months ago we were doing relatively well, that's ancient history already by what's happened lately. You have to look at the current trend and that is of a shambolic team, unable to do the basics and that is now persisting over several games. It is not a blip.

The biggest concern for me is the lack of a foundation to build on or to give hope that things will improve. If we were playing well but just missing that cutting edge, or a goalscorer etc then you could feel some confidence. However we are not playing well, in fact we're playing like an amateur park team, unable to pass a ball and there is nothing in our DNA or set-up to suggest that that is going to change any time soon.