Sheridan Scouting | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan Scouting

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi...

He could manage it before he picked up an injury. It's not a fault of the player that they get injured.

He has played 91 out of 92 games since re-joining the club initially. That is an absolutely unprecedented turnout record. Have you not seen him turn away from a defender with the ball? Or bust past one? Or make a break up the pitch? Cause I've seen him do so many, many times. Almost everybody (Argyle fan or opposition alike) comments on Reid's combination of pace and power. It's kind of difficult to do that if you're not a runner who slouches around. Reid even when he's about to go off looks a lot fitter and more alive than Smalley in 80% of the games that he is subbed on to (the odd exception like Burton accounted for).

With all due respect, I do continue to wonder what games it is you watch at times.

Edie: spot on Ollie.

Jan 27, 2012
Dan Ellard":3eogeect said:
As our budget is so weak I don't suppose we'll be able to sign anyone... right?

Probably no permanent signings or those in high demand, no !

Personally, I would let Ched Evans train at the club. But that's a whole different topic and one which the moderators would probably delete in a flash !

I agree with the positive comments about Rueben- he's our main threat.

Gettihg back on topic, I reckon Sheridan may be after a tough tacking midfielder. Just a hunch.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge.":2l86er6a said:
I'm putting my tin hat on here and I'm just gonna come out with it, as good as he is, maybe if Reuben could handle more than 65 minutes of football, there would be no need to bring on Smalley, Morgan or Harvey. Reid's a great player but fitness wise he's never been quite there when in fairness, there are many who do more running than him.
As GreenSam said he managed it before his injury and then again this weekend against Mansfield, Sheridan has been building his fitness up slowly and i'd say he's back now, or if not quite he's not far off, playing not that long after his injury when he could still have been off shows his commitment to the cause

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":3cdwltps said:
I'm putting my tin hat on here and I'm just gonna come out with it, as good as he is, maybe if Reuben could handle more than 65 minutes of football, there would be no need to bring on Smalley, Morgan or Harvey. Reid's a great player but fitness wise he's never been quite there when in fairness, there are many who do more running than him.
How about we play smalley instead then who does 0 amount of running!!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge.":2c30wexh said:

I'm surprised you have got any tins hats left Cobi ;-)

As mentioned above, Reid suffered an inury that might have kept lesser players out of the team for longer. Be thankful he came back quick - albeit still not quite fully fit.

I'd rather have 60mins out of Reid than 90mins out of Smalley.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Paven":vbegal4q said:
greendream":vbegal4q said:
Harvey has been poor but I do feel he would look alot better if he was given a fair chance in his natural position,up front,im not saying drop Lewi or Reid but he needs to be given a chance at least from the bench up front

I agree. He's not a bad footballer - he's just young, and inconsistent. If we're basing it on Swindon/Exeter etc then he's class, if on Stevenage/Fylde then not so much. Kellett was very poor yesterday, but would we drop him? Of course not - he's in the luxury of not needing to worry.

What Tyler really needs now is games. I'd try and extend his contract and then send him out on loan. January to the end of the season somewhere, at least then he'll improve with nearing say 20 full games. He's good enough for League 2, he's just unlucky the players in his position are mostly very good. Smalley aside, of course.

Still think he's a striker too, but needs to play right behind the strikers if he was to play IMO.

Interestingly, Errington gave his man of the match v Mansfield to Kellett.

So was he very poor or quite good? :D

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
gaspargomez":1qas9gdt said:
Dan Ellard":1qas9gdt said:
As our budget is so weak I don't suppose we'll be able to sign anyone... right?

Probably no permanent signings or those in high demand, no !

Personally, I would let Ched Evans train at the club. But that's a whole different topic and one which the moderators would probably delete in a flash !

I agree with the positive comments about Rueben- he's our main threat.

Gettihg back on topic, I reckon Sheridan may be after a tough tacking midfielder. Just a hunch.

Don't try and second guess us, there is a whole thread regarding Ched Evans on the Football Forum, things have remained sensible so the thread remains unmoderated, thanks for your concern...

Jun 8, 2014
Emu":1zk0b903 said:
Paven":1zk0b903 said:
greendream":1zk0b903 said:
Harvey has been poor but I do feel he would look alot better if he was given a fair chance in his natural position,up front,im not saying drop Lewi or Reid but he needs to be given a chance at least from the bench up front

I agree. He's not a bad footballer - he's just young, and inconsistent. If we're basing it on Swindon/Exeter etc then he's class, if on Stevenage/Fylde then not so much. Kellett was very poor yesterday, but would we drop him? Of course not - he's in the luxury of not needing to worry.

What Tyler really needs now is games. I'd try and extend his contract and then send him out on loan. January to the end of the season somewhere, at least then he'll improve with nearing say 20 full games. He's good enough for League 2, he's just unlucky the players in his position are mostly very good. Smalley aside, of course.

Still think he's a striker too, but needs to play right behind the strikers if he was to play IMO.

Interestingly, Errington gave his man of the match v Mansfield to Kellett.

So was he very poor or quite good? :D

Left Hartley so woefully exposed. Luckily he's such an excellent defender that he often managed to cope. If we had conceded from it all you would hear is about what Kellett wasn't doing. As it happened, it wasn't his fault for the goal. Not sure what game Errington was watching to be honest, even if I am exaggerating there's no way he was our best player.

I'm genuinely baffled by this one.

C

Cobi Budge.

Think people have really overreacted in response to my post. Although it is further evidence that if you criticise (even if it's not really criticism) Reid in any way, you will be slaughtered, but if the same things are said about Smalley and Morgan, the player witch hunts begin.

Reuben is a great player for this level, totally acknowledge that, I was saying it would be helpful if he was fitter, nothing more.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge.":2ei1tvxk said:
Think people have really overreacted in response to my post. Although it is further evidence that if you criticise (even if it's not really criticism) Reid in any way, you will be slaughtered, but if the same things are said about Smalley and Morgan, the player witch hunts begin.

Reuben is a great player for this level, totally acknowledge that, I was saying it would be helpful if he was fitter, nothing more.
No-one's overreacted at all, Reid only hasn't been able to play 90 minutes as he's been recovering from injury, it's as simple as that he'd been playing 90 minutes nearly all last season without problem, how much fitter do you want him to be? If Smalley and Morgan were performing to a high enough level Reid might have been allowed longer off to recover but they've not looked up to it often enough so Reid was rushed back. If anything your point proved you wrong.

C

Cobi Budge.

Hence why I said it would be good if Reid was fitter, that's what I said, I wasn't slating him.

Unless you are calling him god, any comment on Reuben doesn't seem to be allowed :sigh:

Jun 8, 2014
That's because he's class ffs. There's a reason people wont criticise him, because there's little to criticise and he's just the focal point of our attack. We would be ruined without him.

There's a lot more to criticise with regards to Smalley and Morgan, but at least the latter looks like he's trying hard when he's on the pitch.

I really, really don't understand what you see so strongly in Smalley.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Is there anyone good in the free agents area. Might be able to pick up someone useful there. :scarf:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":4sl64zwu said:
Hence why I said it would be good if Reid was fitter, that's what I said, I wasn't slating him.

Unless you are calling him god, any comment on Reuben doesn't seem to be allowed :sigh:

And I take it nobody is allowed to disagree with you without you getting in a sulk. Nobody said you were slating him merely disagreed with what you said and gave evidence to back it up, that's kind of how it works. Maybe the reason why there is an overwhelming majority of people disagreeing with you is because you are simply wrong or expecting far too much of him.

Nov 18, 2014
Paven":1azrgdnn said:
That's because he's class ffs. There's a reason people wont criticise him, because there's little to criticise and he's just the focal point of our attack. We would be ruined without him.

There's a lot more to criticise with regards to Smalley and Morgan, but at least the latter looks like he's trying hard when he's on the pitch.

I really, really don't understand what you see so strongly in Smalley.

I agree Smalley is yet to set the World alight, but has had limited opportunity to do so, I feel you are writing him off too soon. Your comments regarding Kellett on Saturday also seem at odds with those of Chris Errington, a man who has watched many hundreds if not thousands of matches in the flesh..............but then I noticed your signature, "Football mastermind.. Occasionally.."