Sheridan Scouting | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan Scouting

G

Greenskin

RNHGreen":13bfud5n said:
Paven":13bfud5n said:
That's because he's class ffs. There's a reason people wont criticise him, because there's little to criticise and he's just the focal point of our attack. We would be ruined without him.

There's a lot more to criticise with regards to Smalley and Morgan, but at least the latter looks like he's trying hard when he's on the pitch.

I really, really don't understand what you see so strongly in Smalley.

I agree Smalley is yet to set the World alight, but has had limited opportunity to do so, I feel you are writing him off too soon. Your comments regarding Kellett on Saturday also seem at odds with those of Chris Errington, a man who has watched many hundreds if not thousands of matches in the flesh..............but then I noticed your signature, "Football mastermind.. Occasionally.."

Especially that pin point cross to the far post for Mellor in the first half-how the hell did he miss? :facepalm: He was under a little bit of pressure from the defender but even so.....It was actually quite an achievement to get the ball up so steeply to hit the bar from about a yard out-a bit like a Phil Mickelson flop shot. Probably not the worst Argyle miss ever but certainly in the top 5.

RNHGreen":3fv3f9ci said:
Paven":3fv3f9ci said:
That's because he's class ffs. There's a reason people wont criticise him, because there's little to criticise and he's just the focal point of our attack. We would be ruined without him.

There's a lot more to criticise with regards to Smalley and Morgan, but at least the latter looks like he's trying hard when he's on the pitch.

I agree Smalley is yet to set the World alight, but has had limited opportunity to do so, I feel you are writing him off too soon. Your comments regarding Kellett on Saturday also seem at odds with those of Chris Errington, a man who has watched many hundreds if not thousands of matches in the flesh..............but then I noticed your signature, "Football mastermind.. Occasionally.."
Kellett got an earful from pretty much every Argyle defensive player on Saturday. It was Errington that got that one wrong.

The reason Reid gets less criticism than our other strikers is that he is much, much better. Simple as.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That Mellor miss was a cracker. However considering his performance the week before I was prepared to forgive him.

Still can't believe he hit the bar from there though.

Jun 8, 2014
RNHGreen":1w4ao473 said:
Paven":1w4ao473 said:

Right, because writing for the Plymouth bloody Herald makes your footballing knowledge unquestionable does it? Thought not. I'd love to know if you were at the game.. Admittadley, he did some things well. I like him as an attacking player but too often he lost the ball cheaply through skill not working or trying o be too flashy getting the ball out of defence. I gave him a low rating because the kid didn't, and couldn't, defend.

The role of a wing back is attacking and defending, you have to be rounded. Whilst Mellor had one of his poorer games in a while, he still defended well. Kellett, time after time, left Hartley so dreadfully exposed. Had Hartley not been Hartley-level of ability, we may have been punished. I don't view something like exposing your centre back a quality worth MotM.

Yes, everyone has opinions, but you'd find very few (if more than a few who are tinted) who thought he was worthy of MotM. Thanks for your lovely support though, I assume you're the typo vote in the MotM poll based on what you hear on the radio?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Seem to be alone here, but i barely noticed Hartley and i certainly wouldn't say he did as much as you and MG have claimed. He made a couple of good tackles but an 8 match rating? he was nowhere near.

C

Connor Clarke

I thought Hartley was excellent on Saturday, especially considering he had to cover for Kellett on a number of occasions.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'm not saying he was poor as i actually felt he was one of our better players on Saturday (Which you might question considering i said i didn't really notice him, but most of what i noticed was the other players errors), but i don't think any of our players deserved an 8.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
I can certainly believe the criticism of Kellett from Saturdays game despite not being there. He's an offensive full back- which is great for home games when we're going to be attacking more than defending but for away games a lot more caution should be taken when attacking. Against Pompey he drifted around loads but Pompey were woeful and didn't take advantage of it. Great player but honestly doesn't surprise me to hear about his poor defending...

And with Reuben, just because he doesn't run around like an idiot for no reason does in no way mean he is unfit. He's always in the right place at the right time, as well as holding up the ball well, knowing whats around him, great finisher...I know it's been said multiple times already but he really is immune from criticism because he's doing nowt wrong!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
As Gasper was saying do we know where JS is and who he is after. This is the best off topic ever!