Sheridan's future? | Page 60 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan's future?

Should John Sheridan stay as manager?

• Yes

Votes: 81 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 385 76.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 36 7.2%

• Total voters

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Waraqah":1h02cjkk said:
jimsing":1h02cjkk said:
Deacster":1h02cjkk said:
I cannot believe the clubs passive approach to this, feels like we have Jose Mourinho in charge and we are walking on eggshells to protect him. There is no winner here and no happy ending unless he leaves, it's clear the majority of the fanbase don't want him here and his indecisiveness shows his hearts not in it. We are already behind other teams in terms of signing players, no doubt player retention and general planning. The whole thing needs controlling at boardroom level and they need to stop dancing to Sheridans tune and start managing the situation.

It is obvious from your comments that you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

The season has just ended. Managers and players take a break from the everyday pressures of the season.

Player contracts generally don't expire until July.

You are wrong when you say that the MAJORITY of the fanbase don't want him here. The majority of those that voted on this internet website don't want him here, a mere fraction of the entire fanbase of the Club. There is NO evidence that this figure is representative of the fanbase as a whole.

Managers like Paul Sturrock have a lot of vacancies to fill and of course, he needs to fill them as soon as possible. This does not mean that the players he gets will all be successful, or that they will all be what he wants. If a player is worth his salt, he will be wanted by more than just one Club, and he will wait until he gets the best offer he can before he signs on the dotted line.

Do not be upset by the number of players being signed at this time of the season - it is a smokescreen. The better players will not be signed until nearer transfer deadline day, believe me!

We are NOT behind, although that may be inferred by the doughnuts who do not know what they are talking about!!!

:wave:

There's NO evidence that the figure here showing a large majority of fans don't want Sheridan to continue is UNrepresentative either.

All polling works like this, by taking the opinions of a sample of the population, and extrapolating from there. I can't imagine that away from PASOTI, the majority of Argyle fans are any more overjoyed at Sheridan's seeming inability to influence the result of games, as shown by the 2 year winning-from-behind drought.

To be pedantic, that is not quite true, in a normal opinion poll random members of the public are asked for an opinion, in this case there is nothing random, it a poll of interested parties with a vested interest in the subject. This makes it neither accurate nor inaccurate

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
It's a pretty good barometer of fan opinion though isn't it JaF? Over 500 people have voted on the poll.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
monkeywrench":qwd1747p said:
It's a pretty good barometer of fan opinion though isn't it JaF? Over 500 people have voted on the poll.

and the "electorate" in this case would naurally be Argyle Fans (with a few from other clubs thrown in).

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I hope those who are so desperate to see Sheridan go are being careful what they wish for. Who says the next man will deliver any more than Sheridan has? Knowing pasoti I wouldn't be surprised to see 'bring Sheridan back' threads.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Changing managers is always a gamble. Even those that have been successful in the past at other clubs doesn't guarantee success.

However when your expectations are as low as they are with Sheridan at the helm, the gamble is always going to be stacked in your favour.

Mar 21, 2013
But you could also say that fans on a football forum or any forum to be honest) tend to be a little more serious/passionate/vocal online at least/more demanding then your average Joe, it's only my opinion but I imagine if you polled 500 fans at the game, whilst the majority may well want Sheridan out still, it'd be a closer poll.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Steve.PAFC2012":1yzhp5v2 said:
I hope those who are so desperate to see Sheridan go are being careful what they wish for. Who says the next man will deliver any more than Sheridan has? Knowing pasoti I wouldn't be surprised to see 'bring Sheridan back' threads.

I agree (i think finding a decent replacement is going to be no easy task), but I think most people will agree that JS has taken us as far as he can and it's time for a change; nervousness about finding a new manager shouldn't stop us from making a fresh start.

C

Cobi Budge.

Steve.PAFC2012":2y2les1g said:

I think you hold that view more because of James Brent than anything else, and a lack of ambition around the club, I think that because I feel exactly the same way.

I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of another season under JS and I probably lean more toward the out camp, but at the same time, I worry about who'd replace him, someone on the cheap most likely.

Mar 21, 2013
Andy Holland":dyypl5ep said:
It's almost - ALMOST - like you're only claiming the poll is invalid because you don't agree with the result.

Almost like when people claimed any survey which was in favour of the HHP development was dodgy as the questions weren't worded correctly.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Do I want him gone? On balance, yes. But only because he has shown a really obscure approach to his tactics. And the fact that once we go behind, we cannot win. I think it's the frustrating lack of any continuity of results too. There is no question he has worked miracles, but of course we as fans always want more. We have the team, but why haven't we achieved promotion?

Mar 31, 2006
Peverell
If Sheridan was a player and taking this long to commit to see out his contract, the vast majority would be calling for him to leave, if he's not 100% committed to Argyle I think he should go.
The fact its taking this long confirms to me that his hearts not in it so from me its a thank you hopefully a cheerio!!!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
He's gone

CGGk7NuWIAAWv0N.jpg