Signings this week? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Signings this week?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
cheshiregreen":1pdq974g said:
green_pants":1pdq974g said:
So... Any thought on if, or when?? :thumbup:

Mr Pants has often been well informed........so, I am taking the thumbs up as a sign of someone arriving this week.

Midfield is where we need the greatest infusion of both numbers and quality in my view.

Well informed about what exactly? Quick look on recent posts and he said Conor Clifford was signing, then said it wasn't happening. Well heck, I could do that. Andres Gurrieri was going to return, but Brent wouldn't pay for his flight over so hes bought a rowing boat, expect him to sign by next summer...

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Take a longer look rather than a quick look.

Nov 2, 2004
spowell92":326150cu said:
cheshiregreen":326150cu said:
green_pants":326150cu said:
So... Any thought on if, or when?? :thumbup:

Mr Pants has often been well informed........so, I am taking the thumbs up as a sign of someone arriving this week.

Midfield is where we need the greatest infusion of both numbers and quality in my view.

Well informed about what exactly? Quick look on recent posts and he said Conor Clifford was signing, then said it wasn't happening. Well heck, I could do that. Andres Gurrieri was going to return, but Brent wouldn't pay for his flight over so hes bought a rowing boat, expect him to sign by next summer...

Do you know both were not true?

Jan 3, 2013
Ollieargyle9":1r4qe42a said:
jespafc":1r4qe42a said:
Knarf Reprah":1r4qe42a said:
Let us leave Messrs Adams and Brewster to do their job, I'm quite excited about this season, personally I can't see lazy boy reuben fitting in to their work ethic. IMHO

Yeah!! Get rid of the 40 goal striker and lets get someone in who can run miles and miles and chip in with 5 goals a season!! COYG :scarf:

Better still why not stick 11 members of the Green Army on the pitch, given the chance they'll all run and run and run for Argyle for 90 minutes solid if needs be. Thing is I doubt any of them will do anything of value for the team and we'd be trounced 10-0 every week.
you have to defend from the front, and with Rueben up front we don't

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
monkeywrench":33vaqa9w said:

Ok, still see nothing of note... Prior to Clifford, suggest an icelandic attacker might return... Nothing there either. Just saying, got nought against the guy but why should one man's thumbs up make me wet my knickers?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I'm not saying you should. But GP is a respected poster who in the past has posted information that has clearly come from within. There may nothing at all in his post but on the other hand.......

Dec 8, 2011
speaking of icelandic attackers bjarni gudjonsson is manager in iceland :) to a top flight team.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
spowell92":3pbpxrx3 said:
monkeywrench":3pbpxrx3 said:

Ok, still see nothing of note... Prior to Clifford, suggest an icelandic attacker might return... Nothing there either. Just saying, got nought against the guy but why should one man's thumbs up make me wet my knickers?

Any need for the nasty edge to your post?

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
I wonder as Adams shuffles his pack if there may yet be one or two contracted players leaving before the season starts ? If a massive offer comes in for Reid who knows what that might then do for our transfer kitty ?

G

Greenskin

demportdave":7gg43sj0 said:
Greenskin":7gg43sj0 said:
demportdave":7gg43sj0 said:
Tugboat":7gg43sj0 said:
I would have liked some by now.

I know he says we need to be patient but we also need to start gelling a team together ready to hit the season running.

All this bull about a slow start could be the difference come the end of the season if we miss out on our targets but a few points.
You must be patient and not expect too much too soon, either with the calibre of the new signings or the performance of the team next season.

A lot of people thought that following Luton's surprise capitulation, scrambling into the Play-offs after 2 and a half seasons was quite an achievement by the previous Manager.

Why should Adams be given any less time?

I think we got the best man from the available candidates, but don't put too much expectation on him.

We are in for a prolonged spell in this Division.

Given that you seem to be taking such a philosophical view of Argyle's position, why did you spend the last two years slagging Sheridan off for not getting automatic promotion?
That is not quite correct.

My opinion of Sheridan was that he was a part-time Manager who under-achieved with the available resources, especially last season. Whilst you and the other apologists constantly reminded us of what a good job he was doing because he kept us up in 2013 and we were now in with a chance of the Play-offs, as if that was a notable achievement.

Every Argyle fan desperately wanted us to go up last year. But for those of us who remained pragmatic and realistic, I think that deep down we never really believed it was going to happen. Having experienced promotion on a number of occasions, last year just didn't "feel" like a promotion season.

I was especially critical of him last season because I genuinely thought that squad could have got us promoted. But I also feared that if we didn't go up, the team would break up and we would be back to square one and that is where I believe we now are.

As such, it's unrealistic to expect too much next season.

But as ever in football, it's all just a matter of opinion which is of no consequence in the final analysis.

Ah well,lets hope your tolerance levels don't lead to people labelling you as an "Adams apologist" in a couple of years time.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Mark Pedlar":1radl0zl said:
spowell92":1radl0zl said:
monkeywrench":1radl0zl said:

Any need for the nasty edge to your post?

Mark, no nastiness, just trying to find out why this illusive poster is so credible? I was keeping the tone light, not sure why you read it otherwise?