Simon Church (signed for Scunthorpe) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signed for Scunthorpe)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d like to know if we offered Jim anything.

Nov 2, 2004
Contract until January,throws a slightly different light on things.They have not exactly taken a confident plunge on him.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Straight into Scunthorpe's squad for their game against Peterborough.

Not saying it should have been Church but we are VERY thin in this area. Goals win games.

Why did we go into this season with so few senior strikers.

Playing wingers up front just doesn't work at this level.

Derek Adams has made a rod for his own back in this instance.

With regards to wages, we should have saved some of the money we spent on employing so many wingers on a decent striker.

This situation is our own doing. He squandered his budget, we need to go for quality not quantity (like the new midfield signing).

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Agreed, the striker situation will define the Managers position ahead of January, we were light even before Ciftci’s lack of form and now injury. Now another possible addition has gone elsewhere for whatever reason, the whole situation is our own doing and we are paying for it.

Aug 5, 2016
Phil Sloggett":pyyrzoxi said:

Not saying it should have been Church but we are VERY thin in this area. Goals win games.

Why did we go into this season with so few senior strikers.

Playing wingers up front just doesn't work at this level.

Derek Adams has made a rod for his own back in this instance.

With regards to wages, we should have saved some of the money we spent on employing so many wingers on a decent striker.

This situation is our own doing. He squandered his budget, we need to go for quality not quantity (like the new midfield signing).

How many wingers have we got again? Grant, Wylde, Jervis and Ainsworth?

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
ealinggreen":3ag2ls5b said:
philmeboots":3ag2ls5b said:
Why should it be?

I imagine his demands are significant,he turned down Hibs because of the money offered,being realistic we are not big payers.Nobody's fault but we do not have a lot of dosh.

Plus Scunny are a team that have been pushing at the top end of this league for the last couple of years whereas we haven’t.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Phil Sloggett said:

Why did we go into this season with so few senior strikers. quote]

It seems his striker targets did not want to play for us. Maybe the crazy fools signed for clubs with less travelling and better training facilities, I'm sure Adams had targets, just cant force them to sign. Maybe misallocation of budget, but we dont know for sure.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Church was a 77th minute sub for Scunthorpe today.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
He won the penalty for them to win the game according to the BBC.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Can we move this now to the PWWTSTSFAWTHTC Forum??

Don't want to read about him anymore tbh.

(Oh!: Players who were too stupid to sign for Argyle when they had the chance!) :thumbs: :lol:

Sep 23, 2005
Pogleswoody":1sljykiq said:
Can we move this now to the PWWTSTSFAWTHTC Forum??

Don't want to read about him anymore tbh.

(Oh!: Players who were too stupid to sign for Argyle when they had the chance!) :thumbs: :lol:

Spot on. His misfortune, move on.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am surprised nobody had thrown forward the name of Paul Hayes as an unattached player available as a striker. I agree during the time he was last on loan at Argyle he did not exactly stretch himself but he was recovering his fitness from injury. When he played against Argyle for Wycombe on the last 2 occasions I saw him, he played well and scored.

I note today's Sunday Indie quotes him having signed for Newport County.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Quintrell_Green":szxmn7jx said:
I am surprised nobody had thrown forward the name of Paul Hayes as an unattached player available as a striker. I agree during the time he was last on loan at Argyle he did not exactly stretch himself but he was recovering his fitness from injury. When he played against Argyle for Wycombe on the last 2 occasions I saw him, he played well and scored.

I note today's Sunday Indie quotes him having signed for Newport County.
He has signed for Newport, yes. But nearly every Wycombe fan was glad when he was released. He would not have been a good signing for us at all I think.