Songo | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Songo

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pogleswoody":22rybmd5 said:
Balham_Green":22rybmd5 said:
David_Fisher":22rybmd5 said:
Having seen Bradley "play" for the Reserves I'd leave him out as long as possible.

We should have sold him in August. Could have used the cash for a striker.

Best player by a country mile last season. Oh I know let's sell him for a pittance!! COYGs!! :scarf:

:facepalm:

The same could be said for Carey

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":3cuuqj3e said:
Balham_Green":3cuuqj3e said:
David_Fisher":3cuuqj3e said:
Having seen Bradley "play" for the Reserves I'd leave him out as long as possible.

Best player by a country mile last season. Oh I know let's sell him for a pittance!! COYGs!! :scarf:

Perhaps you can suggest where I said 'Pittance'! You need to be ahead of the game not behind. Sell players before their values decline. Redknapp and Ferguson were good at it. We need goal scorers not defenders.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":12xiy5k3 said:
Pogleswoody":12xiy5k3 said:
Balham_Green":12xiy5k3 said:
David_Fisher":12xiy5k3 said:

Perhaps you can suggest where I said 'Pittance'! You need to be ahead of the game not behind. Sell players before their values decline. Redknapp and Ferguson were good at it. We need goal scorers not defenders.

So what would you have accepted for him in August?
How much was realistically on the table for him? :think:

Aug 5, 2016
Pogleswoody":1b1j9tig said:
Balham_Green":1b1j9tig said:
Pogleswoody":1b1j9tig said:
Balham_Green":1b1j9tig said:
David_Fisher":1b1j9tig said:

£250,000 was quoted in the media.

I have asked Balham Green a few times which goalscoring striker at League One level we would have afforded with that?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":nvzvs0aq said:
Pogleswoody":nvzvs0aq said:
Balham_Green":nvzvs0aq said:
Pogleswoody":nvzvs0aq said:
Balham_Green":nvzvs0aq said:
David_Fisher":nvzvs0aq said:

I have asked Balham Green a few times which goalscoring striker at League One level we would have afforded with that?

Might have sold Bradley for a million but £250k? You'd only get one tattooed forearm for that!! ;)

Jul 6, 2011
Balham_Green":omzo5z4s said:
Pogleswoody":omzo5z4s said:
Balham_Green":omzo5z4s said:
David_Fisher":omzo5z4s said:

we have a goalscorer on the bench every week and the only excuse not to play him is age and experience, even though he is our top scorer..... work that one out :(

Sep 6, 2006
briangreen":6q7kq28z said:
Balham_Green":6q7kq28z said:
Pogleswoody":6q7kq28z said:
Balham_Green":6q7kq28z said:
David_Fisher":6q7kq28z said:

we have a goalscorer on the bench every week and the only excuse not to play him is age and experience, even though he is our top scorer..... work that one out :(

Yes has scored goals in the reserves. Big step up isn't it?

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":1eekuv8t said:
Pogleswoody":1eekuv8t said:
Balham_Green":1eekuv8t said:
Pogleswoody":1eekuv8t said:
Balham_Green":1eekuv8t said:
David_Fisher":1eekuv8t said:

I don't have a first class knowledge of strikers available in the lower leagues. That's Adams job(supposedly). I think it is hard to argue that we could NOT have got a decent striker(even a target man) if not a goal scorer in for that money rather than some of the dross we have at the moment. The clue here is a balanced squad. We don't have one. No pace at the back or up front and no fit effective target man as well as no goal scorers throughout the team.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Perhaps you can suggest where I said 'Pittance'! You need to be ahead of the game not behind. Sell players before their values decline. Redknapp and Ferguson were good at it. We need goal scorers not defenders.[/quote]

How much was realistically on the table for him? :think:[/quote]

I have asked Balham Green a few times which goalscoring striker at League One level we would have afforded with that?[/quote]

I don't have a first class knowledge of strikers available in the lower leagues. That's Adams job(supposedly). I think it is hard to argue that we could NOT have got a decent striker(even a target man) if not a goal scorer in for that money rather than some of the dross we have at the moment. The clue here is a balanced squad. We don't have one. No pace at the back or up front and no fit effective target man as well as no goal scorers throughout the team.[/quote]

So you honestly believe that selling Bradley for £250k would have been a good deal?? :think: