Sponsor the youth team's Milk Cup trip | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sponsor the youth team's Milk Cup trip

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle fans have always helped the young players at the club regardless of the owner or what league we were in, it has a community feel to it.

Even when the money was rolling into the club during the first few years of the Championship era PASTDT and other groups were raising funds to help the youngsters.

Jun 16, 2006
..or at least since '96 when a "northern oik" manager realised the value of youth set up being separately funded from a club being run as a subsidiary of a single owner's business portfolio.

With the new loaded compensation system from the Premier League and their harvesting of schoolboy talent there is little chance of selling youth products for a value to make running a youth system at this level self sustaining, making support from fan groups more important.

Paying back the PAST&DT losses is the one act I'll doff my cap to JB for.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Stuart_C":2ovbf9x8 said:
..or at least since '96 when a "northern oik" manager realised the value of youth set up being separately funded from a club being run as a subsidiary of a single owner's business portfolio.

With the new loaded compensation system from the Premier League and their harvesting of schoolboy talent there is little chance of selling youth products for a value to make running a youth system at this level self sustaining, making support from fan groups more important.

Amen brother.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart_C":k1vt12fz said:

So saving us from oblivion doesn't rank as important then Stuart?

:wtf:

Jun 16, 2006
IJN":2el5om50 said:
Stuart_C":2el5om50 said:

So saving us from oblivion doesn't rank as important then Stuart?

:wtf:

Nice manipulation of PCC's £1.6M of funds and a decent credit rating for sure.

Unfortunately, without accounts to see what has gone out of PAFC Ltd we will have to wait to see how grateful we should be.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oh my, put the axe away Stuart.

That grinding noise goes straight through me.

:sigh:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Disapointing to see we are still a charity case. T e question of why the club is neglecting to fund this trip should be raised by the trust. We are supposed to be a professional team with championship ambitions, but instead remain a sadly amatuer skinflint organisation.

The purpose of the Trust is solely to represent the supporters,not to bolster Brents coffers.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the above post is a bit like me complaining about Vidal Sassoon's latest hair products.

Feb 19, 2013
Out of interest how much does it cost to send the youth team to the milk cup? Apologies if I'm wrong but don't think it's been mentioned?

While the efforts of the aft and gt's to raise funds to send the youths there has to be applauded, while they are willing to do this the club are never going to finance the trip which unfortunately, in my opinion, shows a complete lack of interest in our youth set up, and that goes from owner, board and management.
Every fan I'm sure would want a team to contain some young local players and you would hope the club and management would to and do what they could to help this.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Why is it so hard for some to accept that the club just cannot afford such things whilst they are trying and succeeding in getting back on an even financial keel.. It's all very well saying the club should do this and that but to do it means more loans which have to be paid back at some stage which in my view renders us in a false financial position, prudance is the only way without a sugar daddy i'm affraid. I certainly don't see it as the owner, board and management having no interest.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just hit the profile button Mike, then hit 'search users posts' it becomes obvious why.

Feb 19, 2013
IJN":3vc622sx said:
Just hit the profile button Mike, then hit 'search users posts' it becomes obvious why.

I thought this was an open site where users could choose to post whatever they like, within the rules. Not sure why historical posts should be taken into account....oh let me see its because I said something that u don't agree with.

E

Ed_Blackburn

Supporters donations are made in good faith. They should be made to augment not replace club funding. It's frankly an embarrassing travesty that the club is asking for supporters to pay to send the youth team to a prestigious tournament.

I would suggest anyone who sponsors sends the ball to Martyn Staines with a note telling him to stop taking the pee and support our youth setup. His form with the Yeovil youth set up says it all..

Personally I think Staines should ponie up or fudge off if he doesn't take youth development seriously. Hiding behind supporters organisations is pathetic. What a twit.

Feb 19, 2013
pilgrimmike1":a8zghyo8 said:
Why is it so hard for some to accept that the club just cannot afford such things whilst they are trying and succeeding in getting back on an even financial keel.. It's all very well saying the club should do this and that but to do it means more loans which have to be paid back at some stage which in my view renders us in a false financial position, prudance is the only way without a sugar daddy i'm affraid. I certainly don't see it as the owner, board and management having no interest.

But it is also hard for some that don't understand why the club after being out of admin for a number of years can't invest an amount of money into helping the youth team and are still happy for fan groups to fund things.

It's why I asked the simple question of how much it would cost to send them there....perhaps the aft can answer that one for me. Don't think it's that unreasonable a question to ask? No doubt someone will know trawl my historical posts as that seems the way when you have an opinion different to some people!

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Ho Ho Green Benny":geyq9jvx said:
pilgrimmike1":geyq9jvx said:

But it is also hard for some that don't understand why the club after being out of admin for a number of years can't invest an amount of money into helping the youth team and are still happy for fan groups to fund things.

It's why I asked the simple question of how much it would cost to send them there....perhaps the aft can answer that one for me. Don't think it's that unreasonable a question to ask? No doubt someone will know trawl my historical posts as that seems the way when you have an opinion different to some people!
Football clubs up and down the country have asked for sponsership for a variety of reasons and I fail to see why Argyle should be criticised for doing pretty much the same thing when it's well publised we just don't have money to invest yet. Just where abouts in my post does it say that it's unreasonable for you to ask how much it would cost? Give your own opinion by all means, you're entitled to that but please don't make things up that I have not said.