Sponsor the youth team's Milk Cup trip | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sponsor the youth team's Milk Cup trip

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ho Ho Green Benny":1x7qyco2 said:
IJN":1x7qyco2 said:
Just hit the profile button Mike, then hit 'search users posts' it becomes obvious why.

I thought this was an open site where users could choose to post whatever they like, within the rules. Not sure why historical posts should be taken into account....oh let me see its because I said something that u don't agree with.

I was answering Mike not you.

You have voiced your opinion which you have a right to, no one is stopping you. I completely disagree with you, but you carry on, it IS an open site.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ed_Blackburn":lcx3rkb5 said:
Supporters donations are made in good faith. They should be made to augment not replace club funding. It's frankly an embarrassing travesty that the club is asking for supporters to pay to send the youth team to a prestigious tournament.

I would suggest anyone who sponsors sends the ball to Martyn Staines with a note telling him to stop taking the pi$$ and support our youth setup. His form with the Yeovil youth set up says it all..

Personally I think Staines should ponie up or flip off if he doesn't take youth development seriously. Hiding behind supporters organisations is pathetic. What a twit.

Has he done that Ed?

I'm not sure he has.

The GT's have raised this money for a many a year now. The AFT obviously want to do it, plus there's no shortage of people on this site that contribute on a continual basis.

Feb 19, 2013
pilgrimmike1":2t38serx said:
Ho Ho Green Benny":2t38serx said:
pilgrimmike1":2t38serx said:
Why is it so hard for some to accept that the club just cannot afford such things whilst they are trying and succeeding in getting back on an even financial keel.. It's all very well saying the club should do this and that but to do it means more loans which have to be paid back at some stage which in my view renders us in a false financial position, prudance is the only way without a sugar daddy i'm affraid. I certainly don't see it as the owner, board and management having no interest.

But it is also hard for some that don't understand why the club after being out of admin for a number of years can't invest an amount of money into helping the youth team and are still happy for fan groups to fund things.

It's why I asked the simple question of how much it would cost to send them there....perhaps the aft can answer that one for me. Don't think it's that unreasonable a question to ask? No doubt someone will know trawl my historical posts as that seems the way when you have an opinion different to some people!
Football clubs up and down the country have asked for sponsership for a variety of reasons and I fail to see why Argyle should be criticised for doing pretty much the same thing when it's well publised we just don't have money to invest yet. Just where abouts in my post does it say that it's unreasonable for you to ask how much it would cost? Give your own opinion by all means, you're entitled to that but please don't make things up that I have not said.

I wasn't directing the "unreasonable question to ask", bit at you personally it was a general question out loud to whoever was reading so apologies if it seemed it was directed at you.
I think there seems to be a mixed feeling amongst people around this which of course there should be.
It's why I would like to know how much the cost is as if the money can be raised through sponsership and.collections I don't think it sounds a huge amount (of course I could be wrong). Perhaps the club could at least make a donation. I just feel that it's not good PR for the club...however others will disagree.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The fans have always tried to help the young players through financial donations, at least since 1996, regardless of the financial situation at the club, regardless of the league we were in and regardless of the owner/chairman at the time - which includes McCauley, Stapleton, Gardner and now JB.

This latest appeal for the Milk Cup funding is just a continuation of that tradition.

The cost in 2013 for the Milk Cup trip was between £15,000 and £20,000.

http://www.greentaverners.co.uk/2013/02 ... -milk-cup/

Jun 16, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2dzry6dw said:
The fans have always tried to help the young players through financial donations, at least since 1996, regardless of the financial situation at the club, regardless of the league we were in and regardless of the owner/chairman at the time - which includes McCauley, Stapleton, Gardner and now JB.

This latest appeal for the Milk Cup funding is just a continuation of that tradition.

Which emphasises my point earlier. PAFC only received £20K for Lloyd Jones who was poached by Liverpool and just received a new contract (probably earning that figure a week) and predicted for England honours.

More power to the GT's and AFT supporting the Youth Team.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Plus the 50/50 and the Plymouth Branch.

Good to see Argyle supporters supporting the Academy in this way.

Even better to know that hundreds and hundreds of people support that support, if that makes sense.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Stuart_C":1548uacz said:
PL2 3DQ":1548uacz said:

Which emphasises my point earlier. PAFC only received £20K for Lloyd Jones who was poached by Liverpool and just received a new contract (probably earning that figure a week) and predicted for England honours.

The club was in administration at the time and desperate for money hence the fire sale of Jones and other young players.

Feb 19, 2013
Stuart_C":2crc2e84 said:
PL2 3DQ":2crc2e84 said:

Thanks for answering the question of how much it costs, £20,000 seems a sizeable amount to raise so again good on the aft and and green taverners for doing so.

I know people won't agree, but it still sticks in my throat that the club don't help cover at least some of the costs of this.
Whether or not these youngsters go on to be successful, some might and while due to the new regulations argyle may not get rewarded financially like they should, but they might just un earth a few talented youngsters that form a core of the playing team that help get us up the leagues.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps they do cover some of the costs.

I know Kevin Hodges is ever so thankful and I also know he has been tasked with raising this money for many a year now (before admin I think) as do quite a few of the clubs that attend.

I think it's very much of KH's (and people like him) job these days.

Jun 16, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1m6okqxr said:
Stuart_C":1m6okqxr said:
PL2 3DQ":1m6okqxr said:

The club was in administration at the time and desperate for money hence the fire sale of Jones and other young players.

As a schoolboy there was little room for negotiations irrespective of admin. Even less so under new compensation rules.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Surely this is sponsorship of the club and not charity. It's quite simple, if we don't get enough sponsorship in for the year we have to cut back on things. Alot of the day to day running of the club will come from sponsorship that is gathered throughout the year, so what is the problem with asking for more sponsorship here?

All sports clubs run on sponsorship from fans, trusts, business' etc including Man Utd, Barcelona and every other club. If we were able to attract the same levels of sponsorship as Utd we wouldn't be needing more to fund this.

Dec 21, 2010
Sadly we do not have a multi millionaire owner & the total cost of the tournament has risen to approximately £30,000. Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Club Plymouth Branch, The Senior Greens, PASOTI, The AFT, The Green Taverners, the 50/50 club and others have all made generous donations to the Youth Team's upcoming tournament, which I believe should be applauded.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Having a multi millionaire owner is not really relevant. The Glaziers won't be putting their hand in their pockets to pay for Man Utd to go. It will come from shirt sales and sponsorship.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I normally donate £50 to this fund then I was told that a certain director claims expensives from the club that made me change my mind.