Sportsmanship over Gamesmanship (v Doncaster) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sportsmanship over Gamesmanship (v Doncaster)

Last time I went to Doncaster was when Bradley Wright-Philips scored an injury time winner back in the Championship days - one of the best away days I've been to when we were really struggling.

The stadium was like a library back then, and I think Doncaster had about twice the number of fans as they are getting now. I dread to imagine how empty the stadium will look on sunday - I certainly can't imagine it being particularly hostile with two thirds of the ground empty!

D

Doncastervisitor

It isn't the best for atmosphere, and crowds are lower now than they have been since before we got promoted in 2007/8...

But for facilities it is excellent - still I do miss the old Belle Vue ground..

Mar 8, 2016
Doncastervisitor":29baht4t said:
It isn't the best for atmosphere, and crowds are lower now than they have been since before we got promoted in 2007/8...

Is it true more people go to watch the local greyhound racing than Doncaster rovers? I've also heard more people in Doncaster are interested in racing pigeons than they are in watching Doncaster rovers? Just what I've heard.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Army green":frztjhuk said:
Doncastervisitor":frztjhuk said:

Is it true more people go to watch the local greyhound racing than Doncaster rovers? I've also heard more people in Doncaster are interested in racing pigeons than they are in watching Doncaster rovers? Just what I've heard.

Didnt Bolasie try that once

Jan 12, 2009
Their idiots if they think abusing McCormack is a good thing, 1, they will look stupid on live TV and 2, it usually makes him play better.

They have a good team but if Doncaster, us and Portsmouth go up, donny will be the ones who will struggle next year

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
lambanog":2srigfow said:
Next Sunday's game against Donny, will be critical for both teams, if we manage a win, the table is still relatively open, if we draw, then I believe that will favour Donny, not us, if we lose then they go a huge number of points above us.
It is my thoughts that if Donny win, then it must be accepted that they will finish as champions, and well done to them, and if this is the result, then I wonder if Argyle would be sporting enough to clap them off the field.
Instead of reading about thuggery, the black arts, ball boy shoving, petulant managers etc, I think Argyle showing that sportsmanship still exists would garner huge PR for the club.

If they had secured promotion I would be inclined to agree, however, this is way too early to even contemplate!

It would be almost perverse!

I also think we will win there, so it's irrelevant! Our away form is far better and we play better against 'football' teams rather than the 'anti-football' teams!

Should be a good game. Shame I can't watch it! My daughter has a hockey tournament in Taunton! Family comes first!

COYG's.

PAFCJames86":1poga2kv said:
Their idiots if they think abusing McCormack is a good thing, 1, they will look stupid on live TV and 2, it usually makes him play better.

They have a good team but if Doncaster, us and Portsmouth go up, donny will be the ones who will struggle next year

Why? They look a very strong side in all departments, so again, Why?

mervyn":1ew90dc4 said:
PAFCJames86":1ew90dc4 said:

re: Luke - we're no Angels, we've got some fans that'd do the same if the roles are reversed.

re: Donny struggling - strange post - how can you make such a sweeping statement before seeing the quality of any summer signings. File under the all encompassing word 'banter'.

mervyn":2tm0g47g said:
PAFCJames86":2tm0g47g said:

I tend to agree, should it be Argyle, Pompey and perhaps Luton in the playoffs going up, I'd predict Doncaster will finish the lowest of them all in League 1 next season, and wouldn't be surprised if they came straight back down. Historically Doncaster are a 4th tier club who were playing non league not long ago - whenever they have made it further up the pyramid they've struggled. Their main goal scorer Marquis has never been able to hack League 1, hence Millwall and Northampton shipping him out.

I feel us, Pompey and Luton would be more likely to get some momentum and leap frog back to the championship (viewed with a green tint of course).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth will be a pundit for Sky for the Doncaster game.

Hopefully he will be educated on how football should be played.

An appropriate thread. :)

Feb 24, 2008
WTF ! What a absolutely ridiculous idea !!! It's a good job Exeter City are not top and we are playing them away on Sunday ! Would you still want to implement this ludicrous idea ?

:furious: :furious: :furious:

D

Doncastervisitor

HongKongGreen":lu9m8dm1 said:
mervyn":lu9m8dm1 said:
PAFCJames86":lu9m8dm1 said:

I tend to agree, should it be Argyle, Pompey and perhaps Luton in the playoffs going up, I'd predict Doncaster will finish the lowest of them all in League 1 next season, and wouldn't be surprised if they came straight back down. Historically Doncaster are a 4th tier club who were playing non league not long ago - whenever they have made it further up the pyramid they've struggled. Their main goal scorer Marquis has never been able to hack League 1, hence Millwall and Northampton shipping him out.

I feel us, Pompey and Luton would be more likely to get some momentum and leap frog back to the championship (viewed with a green tint of course).

Historically, on average, Doncaster would be a lower 3rd division side.. and out of the last 9 seasons, 5 have been in the Championship.

Should those 4 teams all go up, I can see each competing next year,