Spotlight News | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Spotlight News

Jul 29, 2010
Not residing down here I clearly don't watch Spotlight. Staying down this week though I caught the interview with Martyn Starnes on Monday. He was playing a straight bat saying how it's early days etc. Natalie Cornah followed up with possibly the lamest question ever asked in a sports interview ever....

"It's better to be top of the table than bottom isn't it?"

FFS :facepalm:

I'll be watching for a more positive, and less lame, report this evening :roll:

Sep 23, 2005
IJN":ozvjj4ni said:
Rugby fans, end of.

Yep rugby takes the lion's share but John Ayres is a Grecian. I always wonder what editorial influence he might have and how many others are of that persuasion when the coverage always seems to be in their favour. Will be interesting to see how it goes this evening :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nat's a Liverpool 'fan'. Gibbon's a Donnie fan, so we haven't much chance have we? :greensmile:

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":zpyfa2ez said:
Nat's a Liverpool 'fan'. Gibbon's a Donnie fan, so we haven't much chance have we? :greensmile:

Tony Husband from South Today once declared on air that he was an Argyle fan...a brave soul considering they cover Pompey.

Maybe Spotlight should move for him in the January transfer window :thumbs:

Apr 1, 2009
This comes up periodically, and I'm never quite sure why people get so worked up, blaming rival fans, rugby etc. You've had the chance to go to the game, anyone interested knows what the score was and other basic details, and brief highlights are on the internet. To those not interested in football, the possibility of a fracas is possibly more newsworthy (sad, but true). Furthermore, if Spotlight reported in depth they'd get something wrong - people always (and often with justification) find fault with reports on things they have first-hand knowledge of.

As someone else said, it's not the role of the BBC to promote Argyle's revival. It might, however, be a good time for the club to be shouting from the rooftops about a product worth watching.

Apr 4, 2015
just seen spotlight tonite, no pictures or vt but some of yeovil. what a joke of a programme it is, really amateur in all ways. I for one would like to see the licence fee abolished and see how long this lefty bunch of muppets would last in the real world without taxing me. nice pension telecine, courtesy of everyone else of course.

Aug 10, 2006
just watched it why would they not show it 2 devon team's and they show 2 pens from Yeovil pathetic.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
freddie2greens":1oquxbwh said:
just seen spotlight tonite, no pictures or vt but some of yeovil. what a joke of a programme it is, really amateur in all ways. I for one would like to see the licence fee abolished and see how long this lefty bunch of muppets would last in the real world without taxing me. nice pension telecine, courtesy of everyone else of course.

Just proves how biased that two faced bunch of so called programmers are. The main clicque in the management team I believe support the six toes. The Yeovil game was out of their reporting area and would not have been shown if the six toes had won. Yes the licence has to be abolished ASP because if they had to stand on their own two feet they would not last long. :furious: I would like to know if and how it would be possible to get together to sort a formal complaint to the the regulator or comptroller. This sort of thing happen far to often. :furious:

Apr 1, 2009
Mike Greening":3vmjhjva said:
freddie2greens":3vmjhjva said:

Just proves how biased that two faced bunch of so called programmers are. The main clicque in the management team I believe support the six toes. The Yeovil game was out of their reporting area and would not have been shown if the six toes had won. Yes the licence has to be abolished ASP because if they had to stand on their own two feet they would not last long. :furious: I would like to know if and how it would be possible to get together to sort a formal complaint to the the regulator or comptroller. This sort of thing happen far to often. :furious:

What exactly do you want them to include in the report that you don't know already, or don't have the capacity to see online? Others can answer this.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mike Greening":2yt8qcsx said:
freddie2greens":2yt8qcsx said:

Surely if you have six toes on each foot it would be easier to stand on your own two feet? :think: :think:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I must admit I could not attend myself last night and I would have welcomed the chance to see the 2 goals on Spotlight, but no, all we saw was Yeovil's keeper saving penalties. I have nowt against that Club, but but it is located on the extremity of Spotlight's area of coverage and a damn sight closer to BBC Bristol and its' Points West news programme area. I personally feel that showing the goals from Home Park ought to have been the Programme Editor's first consideration.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Quintrell_Green":1q8q05kw said:
I must admit I could not attend myself last night and I would have welcomed the chance to see the 2 goals on Spotlight, but no, all we saw was Yeovil's keeper saving penalties. I have nowt against that Club, but but it is located on the extremity of Spotlight's area of coverage and a damn sight closer to BBC Bristol and its' Points West news programme area. I personally feel that showing the goals from Home Park ought to have been the Programme Editor's first consideration.
:clap: