Spotlight News | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Spotlight News

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
You may be interested to know that the Weevil game was shown on Bristol area too.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
xmastree":34trdxe4 said:
Mike Greening":34trdxe4 said:
freddie2greens":34trdxe4 said:
just seen spotlight tonite, no pictures or vt but some of yeovil. what a joke of a programme it is, really amateur in all ways. I for one would like to see the licence fee abolished and see how long this lefty bunch of muppets would last in the real world without taxing me. nice pension telecine, courtesy of everyone else of course.

Just proves how biased that two faced bunch of so called programmers are. The main clicque in the management team I believe support the six toes. The Yeovil game was out of their reporting area and would not have been shown if the six toes had won. Yes the licence has to be abolished ASP because if they had to stand on their own two feet they would not last long. :furious: I would like to know if and how it would be possible to get together to sort a formal complaint to the the regulator or comptroller. This sort of thing happen far to often. :furious:

What exactly do you want them to include in the report that you don't know already, or don't have the capacity to see online? Others can answer this.
The point is come the end of the season and the Greens are at the top Spotlight will be falling over themselves for all things Argyle but right now when we could do with decent coverage because we are doing well and need to promote the club Spotlight are falling very short. It's suppose to be local news and Argyle are very much part of it.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
So the Yeovil game is featured with it's vast crowd of 1,600 whereas a game that attracted 10,000 and saw 2 of the regions side's playing isn't shown at all?!

Apr 1, 2009
pilgrimmike1":3r5eabt6 said:
xmastree":3r5eabt6 said:
Mike Greening":3r5eabt6 said:
freddie2greens":3r5eabt6 said:
just seen spotlight tonite, no pictures or vt but some of yeovil. what a joke of a programme it is, really amateur in all ways. I for one would like to see the licence fee abolished and see how long this lefty bunch of muppets would last in the real world without taxing me. nice pension telecine, courtesy of everyone else of course.

Just proves how biased that two faced bunch of so called programmers are. The main clicque in the management team I believe support the six toes. The Yeovil game was out of their reporting area and would not have been shown if the six toes had won. Yes the licence has to be abolished ASP because if they had to stand on their own two feet they would not last long. :furious: I would like to know if and how it would be possible to get together to sort a formal complaint to the the regulator or comptroller. This sort of thing happen far to often. :furious:

What exactly do you want them to include in the report that you don't know already, or don't have the capacity to see online? Others can answer this.
The point is come the end of the season and the Greens are at the top Spotlight will be falling over themselves for all things Argyle but right now when we could do with decent coverage because we are doing well and need to promote the club Spotlight are falling very short. It's suppose to be local news and Argyle are very much part of it.

I get that Mike, and agree with it, whilst once again repeating that its not the BBCs job to promote Argyle's feelgood factor. What I was trying to get to with my (unanswered) question was what people actually want, in order to represent these views to those concerned, as I happen to have an opportunity to do. That's surely more constructive than all the remarks about loony lefties, license fees, and the BBC powers-that-be being rugby fans or City fans. I don't think either of the latter options are true incidentally, I believe they are largely clueless about sport and the majority are not native to Devon.

Apr 4, 2015
xmastree":1557pa9i said:
Mike Greening":1557pa9i said:
freddie2greens":1557pa9i said:

id like to see them give argyle a bit of a positive spin and help attract people to the club by showing people who are thinking of going a glimpse of what they are missing. In other words showcase our only table topping team in the south west, as they should be doing as the local news/sport programme. :facepalm:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
freddie2greens":35b07xza said:
xmastree":35b07xza said:
Mike Greening":35b07xza said:
freddie2greens":35b07xza said:

id like to see them give argyle a bit of a positive spin and help attract people to the club by showing people who are thinking of going a glimpse of what they are missing. In other words showcase our only table topping team in the south west, as they should be doing as the local news/sport programme. :facepalm:
It's the people that don't look online for Argyle, the absent fans that have given up over the dark years and the ones that only go for the so called big games we have to reach which is where spotlight and local media come into it. I appreciate it's not their job to promote the club but as I previously said, they will be falling over themselves soon for all things Argyle because of the promotion push which good coverage will bring good viewers figures for them. It's give and take and whilst I don't want a bias bullcrap view of the club a balanced one would be very welcome. A few minutes the day after a game showing the goals and perhaps once or twice a week a more in depth report as of whats going on with all three Devon clubs with interviews and views from both management and fans. At the end of the day Spotlight and the club need each other so lets have a bit of fairness.

May 8, 2011
At least the game was mentioned, Torquay played last night, can't remember hearing anything about their game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That always happens though, drop out of the league = no mention.

I remember when Exeter found their natural level, we hardly ever heard of them. I enjoyed that period.

Feb 2, 2007
Spotlight is pathetic at the best of times- describing the sports coverage as "amateurish" would be kind: they enjoy novelty stories, Tom Daley, Jo Pavey and football when Exeter win.

Never actually chosen to watch it- and when it happens to be on it just confirms what total nonsense it is. :crazy:

May 8, 2011
Tonight so much time was spent talking about the egg chasers from Namibia and Georgia there wasn't much time for local sport.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
On the late news last night they stated that Yeovil drew 0 - 0 lol.

It does rankle me somewhat when Argyle or even Exeter matches play second fiddle to that schoolgirl Plymothian swimmer, sorry, I meant Lithuanian..... grrrrr!!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
To this day I still cringe at the thought of the playoff coverage for the home leg that Gibbons bloke cobbled together. A major sporting news story for this part of the world and what did that clown conjure up; a detailed and in-depth look at some non-descript rugby game to which I do not even recall which of "our" local teams featured, followed by a quick "here are the goals, now listen to me read out what I could find on the BBC Vidiprinter". No comments on the atmosphere, the significance of the event oh and that Three Little Birds thing with the camera phones? Google said no.

Sep 23, 2005
Yep totally agree. I'm not with Xmastree's incompetence rather than willful neglect argument either.
They could manage a full depth feature when City visited Sunderland in the League cup and achieve decent coverage for anything involving the Chiefs but always come up short when there is a positive story about us.

Jul 29, 2010
Better tonight, interviews with DA and GC.

They at least showed one of the goals from Tuesday, no disrespect to HB but Tanner's was surely the better to show on TV.