Spotlight News | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Spotlight News

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":1ghr1tf3 said:
pafclee":1ghr1tf3 said:
I wonder if the guy sticking up for spotlight actually watches it because he would know what I wrote is the truth. plus when he said about the cheapest exeter ticket is 16 I wonder if he has ever been in that joke of an away end at Exeter where you stand on nearly a level view to the pitch and even thou I'm over 6ft I have an awful view let alone the children standing in there and you have that awful one toilet in the corner that you can't get too..so when you said all you get for the extra money is a seat ( I think not) clearly he has never been in that end

Martin Starnes never mentioned the away ends. He compared the Big Bank facilities offered to their home fans, to what Argyle offers the Green Army. (And yes, I have had the pleasure of being an away fan there. It was far from ideal but they made up for it in hospitality with a wonderful pre-match BBQ that just couldn't happen when Argyle are the visitors. The D&CC would have kittens at just the suggestion)
Recognising your keen eye for accuracy, is it not Martyn Starnes? I don't know 'y' people spell it that way. By the way I do not agree with justanotherfan and the "patronising" accusation above - "often irritating" maybe, but not patronising.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Lundan Cabbie":igd2pml7 said:
As for the TV coverage on Spotlight. My experience, off the top of my head when it comes to the region's sides, they all get a mention and they all get their goals shown. It has never struck me that one club gets any more priority than any of the others.

That could well be correct LC. But that is also where it is wrong. We are Plymouth Argyle, by far the biggest and best club in the region. Always have been, always will be. We should be getting more priority!

I think Spotlight has always been anti-Plymouth for some reason. Not just for sport but news, articles, what is going on, etc. It seems they bend over backwards to mention that place up the road as often as possible.

I stopped watching it many years ago (even before I moved to Italy), it just annoyed me. I expect other people from different areas of the South-west get equally annoyed for whatever reasons... but that is what the remote is for, no?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Lousy_Pint":jpbnjgdk said:
Lundan Cabbie":jpbnjgdk said:
As for the TV coverage on Spotlight. My experience, off the top of my head when it comes to the region's sides, they all get a mention and they all get their goals shown. It has never struck me that one club gets any more priority than any of the others.

That could well be correct LC. But that is also where it is wrong. We are Plymouth Argyle, by far the biggest and best club in the region. Always have been, always will be. We should be getting more priority!

I think Spotlight has always been anti-Plymouth for some reason. Not just for sport but news, articles, what is going on, etc. It seems they bend over backwards to mention that place up the road as often as possible.

I stopped watching it many years ago (even before I moved to Italy), it just annoyed me. I expect other people from different areas of the South-west get equally annoyed for whatever reasons... but that is what the remote is for, no?

It isn't PAFCTV. If Argyle were in the Premier League right now then I would expect local TV to give a greater focus on the smaller clubs of the region because Argyle would be in the national spotlight. Size of club shouldn't come into it when teams are at the same level.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
That's as maybe, but it still doesn't explain why there was little or no coverage of our JPT success.

I can't seem to pick up PAFCTV over here, unfortunately :think:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Westward just gave out Exeter and Yeovil's results before ours and also said we are in the National League!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

A

alex-d

Itv news presenter read all of the other scores first and then said that Argyle were in the National League! Absolute shambles

A

andyr1963

kernow19":22mpg4pa said:
Westward just gave out Exeter and Yeovil's results before ours and also said we are in the National League!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Lets do the timewarp again :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
LG":18e5cctp said:
a record that says played 13, lost only 1.
Well done you spotlight muppets.
Pompey home, Stevenage away.
Unfortunately I watched both of those :facepalm: :facepalm:

So did I!

Mind you the herald is just as bad, according to their match marking, we made four substitutions and Wylde was replaced at half time by Simpson who was already playing.

Funny how Wylde was fouled in the second half leading to the goal.....shabby journalism

May 22, 2006
Why are there still so many people who still call it Westward, but not a single person who calls it TSW?