Stating lineup vs Shrewsbury | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stating lineup vs Shrewsbury

Steve Evans":fr9omaxf said:
i feel if we start with blissett and fletcher we will win this match.blissett won plenty of flick ons last week with nobody to take advantage of them.

You just know come 3pm tomorrow, there will again be the sight of a lone striker, 25 yards from the nearest player, the ball won't stick, we slide further & further back down the pitch. Same old same old. He just won't play any other way...! So, so frustrating.

May 4, 2015
Dan Ellard":3tjjrj03 said:
Two thoghts in my mind:

1) Play 3-5-2. We don't have a striker who can play the lone role that well, none of the wingers so far have massively impressed me, and 3 at the back would help with our lack of pace back there. Something like:

Letheren

Edwards
Songo'o (in the 'McHugh' stopper role)
Bradley

Threlkeld
Fox
Diagouraga
Sawyer

Carey

Ciftci
Fletcher

Subs: Cooper, ATS, Ness, Sarcevic, Grant, Jervis, Blissett.

Would like to see that team put out. I think we need to pick our best 11 players and play them where they are most sited (sounds simple doesn't it). Could interchange with Sawyer dropping to left back and Carey further up the pitch on the left with Edwards shifting over to RB if needed

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Floyd_Pepper":nuk2i4bi said:
Steve Evans":nuk2i4bi said:
i feel if we start with blissett and fletcher we will win this match.blissett won plenty of flick ons last week with nobody to take advantage of them.

You just know come 3pm tomorrow, there will again be the sight of a lone striker, 25 yards from the nearest player, the ball won't stick, we slide further & further back down the pitch. Same old same old. He just won't play any other way...! So, so frustrating.

:iagree:

Jul 6, 2011
Biggs":gst617pr said:
ncbryant":gst617pr said:
monkeywrench":gst617pr said:
Letheren
Oscar Songo'o Edwards Sawyer
Toumani Fox
Jervis Cary Wylde
Blissett

Don't think he'll stray too much from 4-2-3-1 especially as we're entertaining the league leaders.

This for me.

Yep. And I think we'll win.

Not so much typical Argyle, as typical football.

Oscar won't be playing, and how many goals has Jake Jervis scored or set up? Probably not as many as Alex Fletcher. Time for a change, a real change.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
McCormick

Threlkeld, Edwards, Songo'o, Sawyer

Diagouraga, Sarcevic

Grant, Carey, Wylde

Blissett

(Letheren for McCormick and Sokolik for Threlkeld if neither are fit)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":wlj97jrz said:
McCormick

Diagouraga, Sarcevic

Grant, Carey, Wylde

Blissett

i know you don't go to the checkatrade games cobi,and i respect your selection,but sokolik was truly abysmal at full back against city.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Interesting that Adams was branded all kinds of things last week for picking Oscar when he wasn't fit. Yet virtually everyone on this forum has selected him knowing he can't be 100%. Shows how easy this online management game is when there is no comeback.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1hlao5qk said:
Cobi Budge":1hlao5qk said:
McCormick

Diagouraga, Sarcevic

Grant, Carey, Wylde

Blissett

i know you don't go to the checkatrade games cobi,and i respect your selection,but sokolik was truly abysmal at full back against city.

I simply don't see any other option without Oscar & I'd rather we didn't go 352 because we've got some talented wide players & that would mean shutting them out, when we go 352 it also seems to always end up being 532 with a pretty flat back 5.

Sep 6, 2006
Dan Ellard":2x4hg3fo said:
Two thoghts in my mind:

1) Play 3-5-2. We don't have a striker who can play the lone role that well, none of the wingers so far have massively impressed me, and 3 at the back would help with our lack of pace back there. Something like:

Letheren

Edwards
Bradley

Threlkeld
Fox
Diagouraga
Sawyer

Carey

Ciftci
Fletcher

2) concede that we just aren't a good enough passing team at this level and play a Gareth Ainsworth style hoof and chase, hit diagonals up to a target man (Blissett), get men around him and try and win second balls. Wouldn't be pretty but if we actively tried playing hoofball rather than being forced into hoofs through lack of good ball retention, we might be more effective. Hence, playing with one guy sitting deep in front of the back 4 and the other two CM's pushing up really high to win second balls - it's what Wycombe did to us in the playoffs and I hate to say it worked a treat. Eg:

Letheren

Threlkeld
Edwards
Bradley
Sawyer

Fox

Carey
Diagouraga

Ciftci
Fletcher
Blissett

Subs: Cooper, Songo'o, ATS, Ness, Sarcevic, Jervis, Grant.

Team 1 doesnt make sense. If Songo is playing in the McHugh role(CDM) that only leaves us with 2 in defence! Team 2 has no width. Either way we would(will) lose!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":1t0i0xrg said:
McCormick

Diagouraga, Sarcevic

Grant, Carey, Wylde

Blissett

Too negative, and Fletcher needs to start...

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Letheren

Bradley
Songo'o
Edwards

Sawyer (LB/LW)
Diagouraga
Fox
Carey
Jervis (RB/RW)

Ciftci / Fletch
Blissett

Subs
Fletch / Ciftci
Sarc
Grant
Lameiras
Cooper

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2saryqh0 said:
Dan Ellard":2saryqh0 said:
Two thoghts in my mind:

Letheren

Edwards
Bradley

Threlkeld
Fox
Diagouraga
Sawyer

Carey

Ciftci
Fletcher

2) concede that we just aren't a good enough passing team at this level and play a Gareth Ainsworth style hoof and chase, hit diagonals up to a target man (Blissett), get men around him and try and win second balls. Wouldn't be pretty but if we actively tried playing hoofball rather than being forced into hoofs through lack of good ball retention, we might be more effective. Hence, playing with one guy sitting deep in front of the back 4 and the other two CM's pushing up really high to win second balls - it's what Wycombe did to us in the playoffs and I hate to say it worked a treat. Eg:

Letheren

Threlkeld
Edwards
Bradley
Sawyer

Fox

Carey
Diagouraga

Ciftci
Fletcher
Blissett

Subs: Cooper, Songo'o, ATS, Ness, Sarcevic, Jervis, Grant.

Team 1 doesnt make sense. If Songo is playing in the McHugh role(CDM) that only leaves us with 2 in defence! Team 2 has no width. Either way we would(will) lose!
Stopper means centre half. The role McHugh played for most of 14/15 under Sheridan when we played 3-5-2.

And as I said about team 2, it'd be hoofball. You don't need players hugging the touchline when you do that. Even then, the full backs could overlap when possible and I'd expect Blissett and Ciftci to work the channels, hence I said about hitting diagonals up to them. There would be enough width, but not too much.

Dec 3, 2005
Sadly the decision is in Mr Adams hands, so I won't hold my breath for any amazing surprises.