Stating the obvious | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stating the obvious

May 16, 2016
I'm getting the enjoyment in now.....:)

5 points clear, all those wins after a dodgy start. Make the most of it folks. This is as good as it gets, because apparently we're not very good and it's all going to go wrong....... :(

Nov 15, 2014
I think after the demoralising three game losing start (including Reading) that we had where we hadn't even looked like we were going to score, the squad and management team must be congratulated on not only turning it around but doing it by winning eight out of nine and getting a single draw that I just didn't see happening.

There has been more than one occasion during our recent positive run where things could have gone against us and I should imagine that DA is well aware of this. How many decisions and events have gone against us in the past - s'bout time.

We're top of the league and five points clear at the moment, as stated and playing in second or third gear, it gives me some hope that when we do start playing attractive football the team can do so knowing that their in a great league position and hopefully play with more attacking composure. There have been glimpses where it looks really good, but it's league two and it's usually a "fight" for 90 minutes most of the time waiting to see who slips up first.

It'll be interesting to see how the team performs in 'big/crunch' games, as last season it was an Achilles heel for us. The recent Devonshire derby game was a good indicator though. :)

I'm just going to keep smiling.