Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Still no penalties (update - we win a pen!)

Jul 10, 2013
PL2 3DQ":3swu1rbq said:
NJS37":3swu1rbq said:
Anyone notice that the lino should have held his flag across his chest to signal a penalty and not wave his flag around like a lunatic for about 10 seconds :lol:

I think this has recently changed. The lino now waves his flag for a penalty and then moves towards the corner flag.
Lundan Cabbie will know.

Ahhh, everyone was going ballistic as it looked like we were just about to be awarded our first penalty of the season and I was just waiting for that signal to confirm it!!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If as a referee you see an offence, you might look to the lino to confirm the position. ie, was it was outside the box? Flag for a free kick if outside or flag across the chest for inside. If my linesman sees an offence that I haven't, I would expect him to first wave his flag to gain my attention AND THEN go across the chest to tell me its a penalty.

Jul 10, 2013
Lundan Cabbie":a0qj7ix0 said:
If as a referee you see an offence, you might look to the lino to confirm the position. ie, was it was outside the box? Flag for a free kick if outside or flag across the chest for inside. If my linesman sees an offence that I haven't, I would expect him to first wave his flag to gain my attention AND THEN go across the chest to tell me its a penalty.

Yes, this is also what I thought was the official way of doing it!
Just thought it was quite hilarious how desperate we were to get our first penalty, a great moment in the game yesterday aside from the quality football we witnessed.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
With regard to the penalty, I think it is possible that the lino was flagging for a foul on Brunt rather than Hartley. Who cares though, we finally got one.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
My mate, who came off of a week-long refereeing course about two weeks ago, said at the time that the signal for a penalty had changed and that the lino had indicated for a pen. Thinking about it there were three people surrounding me who are all qualified referees! All of them said there was a new signal for a pen.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can't you change where you sit Liam?

It must be bleddy boring listening to that lot. :twisted:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
IJN":3d13o633 said:
Can't you change where you sit Liam?

It must be bleddy boring listening to that lot. :twisted:

:D It was brilliant at the Wycombe game, only highlight of the day!