Street traders | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Street traders

A commercially-oriented Argyle would have set up a stall in the city centre this weekend...

As for the ripoff merchants, it's so frustrating these guys profit on the back of the Argyle brand (well, not with the Argyle, obviously) with their cheap tat, but nothing is done about them. I complained to a police officer about them at the end of the 2004 season when they were selling outside Home Park and I got threatened with arrest for my pains.

They could be from Newcastle... saw one of them getting on a northbound train at Bristol TM the day after the above event.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It happens to the best of them. This is the FA's official Euro 2016 England car flag but even in the big supermarkets, along with rogue distributors who will supply small shops and market stalls, you will be offered the standard Cross of St. George flags more readily than the official product.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Rightly or wrongly, we live in a free market economy. If third party traders are taking market share off the club, that indicates a commercial failure on the club's part. The club could have placed stalls where the "knockoff" stalls are. They could have run an online campaign via website/twitter/facebook communicating the benefits of buying "genuine" Argo merchandise. They haven't.

For those on here to expect the circa 25k bandwagon jumpers to only buy from the relatively inaccessible club shop is like expecting them to show up at the first home game next season-hopelessly naive.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
businesses in plymouth city centre pay rent and business rate tax to be able to trade in the city centre yet third party traders pay nothing .... this guy is wheeling his supermarket trolley around plymouth city centre not paying a penny.

Apr 4, 2015
landons forehead":5oz48seq said:
Rightly or wrongly, we live in a free market economy. If third party traders are taking market share off the club, that indicates a commercial failure on the club's part. The club could have placed stalls where the "knockoff" stalls are. They could have run an online campaign via website/twitter/facebook communicating the benefits of buying "genuine" Argo merchandise. They haven't.

For those on here to expect the circa 25k bandwagon jumpers to only buy from the relatively inaccessible club shop is like expecting them to show up at the first home game next season-hopelessly naive.
spot on landon, the club have not engaged the media in any way shape or form, amateurish doesnt even begin to describe their non action in trying to sell the game or the club on this momentous occasion. you would think we get to wembley every year the way the club has done sweet fa and thats without mentioning the farcical ticket distribution shambles. the people who are supposed to look after this sort of thing for the club should be sacked as they havent just failed, they havent even tried to promote us. i have not seen 1 single advert for the match or the semis anywhere, has any one else? in any other professional sphere they would be gone as they are not fit for purpose imo.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Olympic Way will be awash with traders selling unofficial merchandise. The only way to fight them is to be visible and competitive.

If half and half scarves float your boat, there will be plenty available.

rjgalway89

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jul 9, 2009
Northern Ireland
Sorry for a slightly unrelated post but does any kind soul fancy buying me a playoff final scarf and I can meet you pre match on Monday. I live in Northern Ireland and travelling over tomorrow night. Cheers