Team and Predictions for Wimbledon? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team and Predictions for Wimbledon?

Apr 28, 2013
Akinfenwa's quite a decent player isn't he. Imagine him and Reid up front! Hopefully Nelson and Hartley will deal with him! Winning will depend on how clinical we are and if bobby Reid and Rueben plays well I think

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Am I right in thinking that the games we've won in the league we haven't conceded a goal?
I just think this will be a loss for us, we seem to be unable to outscore the opposition, and with Wimbledon
having Tubbs and Akinfenwa I feel like they will atleast get one or more.

Jul 29, 2010
Tricky one this one.

Although we've scraped by with odd goal wins at Luton and Tranmere it's fair to say our away form hasn't been all that.

Saying that we're becoming very good at the dark arts of defending and I think I'm right in remembering we've performed quite well there in the last couple of seasons.

I'd love a win, another 0-1 mugging will do, but I'd take a draw as being acceptable tonight.

COYG's :scarf:

Jun 11, 2012
We'll take 'em. 1-2. Alessandra & Blizzard.

------------------ McCormick --------------------
--------- Nelson - McHugh - Hartley ----------
Mellor -----–----------------------------- Kellett
------------- O'Connor - Blizzard ---------------
-------------------- B.Reid ----------------------
------------- R.Reid - Alessandra --------------

Subs: Bittner, Norburn, Cox, Harvey, Thomas, Morgan, Smalley.

C

Cobi Budge.

Bit of caution.

We all like attacking flowing football and going all out for the win...

BUT...

There are times when you need to dig in and try to ground out a result.

If we go to AFCW tonight and go all out for the win, we will most likely lose considering unlike most L2 sides, they really do have the ability to punish us.

I hope we approach the game with caution, try to keep possession, wear them out and perhaps hit them on the break.

I'd take a point for sure and this is one of those games in which I'm happy for us to sit back & perhaps at times play unattractive football.

D

DMags

I predict 3 pints of London Pride at Victoria Station, followed by 2 pints of IPA in the Bricklayers. A burger and chips before the game, a pee half way through the first half and a really sore neck by the end of the game.

1 - 1. Put all the money you have on that result.

Jul 6, 2011
Cobi Budge.":3c62o5cw said:
--------------McCormick------------
---Nelson, McHugh, Hartley---
Mellor--------------------------Kellet
-------------Cox, Blizzard-----------
------------------Reid----------------
-----------Smalley, Reid-----------

AFCW 1 Argyle 1

As has been mentioned, AFCW have the best strike pairing in the league so our defence will have to be at its best.

Right with you there Cobi, but I can't really see Argyle getting much out of this (I want to be proved wrong though). The way we have retreated to playing deep is worrying to say the least and I don't think the odd goal is going to be enough against this crowd. T & A are just too good and too experienced to be taken lightly and I think we need both O' Connor and Cox in there to nail them down. One change above Allesandra for Smalley, unless he's injured.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
My heart says 2-1 to Argyle but my head is going 1-1.

I think a point would be a good result and 3 would be a great result.

COYG

Nov 4, 2012
Same team as that, maybe O'connor RWB and Blizzard holding mid but either way I'm Happy.

Would settle for a point, but I reckon our run will end.

AFCW 2-1 Argyle

C

Cobi Budge.

Reason I'd drop Lewi Brian is just to give him a kick, he's been distinctly average so far this season bar one or two games, perhaps a rest is needed.

Smalley has looked good up top lately and I'd like to see him given a start in a league game at some point, him and Reid would be a battering ram of a front two.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
All being fit and well, I would predict the following team tonight:

Mccormick

Nelson McHugh Hartley

Mellor Cox/Blizzard O'Connor Reid Kellett

Allesandra Reid

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Would love a 1-2 win with Reid and Alessandra scoring but feel a 1-1 draw a realistic result with a Reuben Reid penalty after Wimbledon go in 1-0 up after 45 mins through Matt Tubbs.