Team and Predictions vs Oxford | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team and Predictions vs Oxford

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
An Oxford supporting relative of mine is bemoaning the loss of Robert Hall for 4 months.... Reckons he's a class player at League One level?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Neilz5419":1e05npoy said:
samjones":1e05npoy said:
Oxford team that haven't won in 6 games and low in confidence. Always seems a good time to visit Home Park so sadly you know this isn't going to end well

Real ugly game as 2 poor teams battle it out with negative tactics in fear of conceding a goal.

Heart says 3 - 0. Head says a sloppy defensive blunder cost us the game 0 - 1

Just going for the 0-1 loss this week then? You must be Feeling more positive than usual as you’ve had us down as losing atleast 3-0 most weeks, watch this space come 5pm Saturday

Would love a 3 - 0 win but it just feels like another one of those typical Argo games where you raise your expectations ever so slightly because the opponents are on an awful run, only for them to be dashed away by some catastrophic error.
2 teams not wanting to lose from the outset so without an error we may even get a 0 - 0 ( who knows maybe DA has already agreed that at the outset with the other manager -"we wont attack if you don't")

Feb 17, 2017
samjones":23gpzdm3 said:
Neilz5419":23gpzdm3 said:
samjones":23gpzdm3 said:
Oxford team that haven't won in 6 games and low in confidence. Always seems a good time to visit Home Park so sadly you know this isn't going to end well

Real ugly game as 2 poor teams battle it out with negative tactics in fear of conceding a goal.

Just going for the 0-1 loss this week then? You must be Feeling more positive than usual as you’ve had us down as losing atleast 3-0 most weeks, watch this space come 5pm Saturday

Would love a 3 - 0 win but it just feels like another one of those typical Argo games where you raise your expectations ever so slightly because the opponents are on an awful run, only for them to be dashed away by some catastrophic error.
2 teams not wanting to lose from the outset so without an error we may even get a 0 - 0 ( who knows maybe DA has already agreed that at the outset with the other manager -"we wont attack if you don't")

Thats a fair point about raised expectations, but I think 6 games unbeaten and top half form is good reason to be optimistic. If your not enjoying what argyle are doing at this time which in my opinion is as impressive as last years promtion in the effort they’re putting then I feel for you.

I hope your wrong tomorrow obviously and of late invariably you have been, but I can also understand where your coming from and all the expectation and Oxford on poor just looks like a potential banana skin we can’t afford, but have some faith I think we can get 3 points tomorrow.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Back to back wins in the next 2 games would restore some faith. As good as this little unbeaten run has been I still feel we lack goals and match winners when Carey is nullified.
We need to score more to win more and DA's tactics in this league don't cut the mustard as other teams are taking their chances and punishing us for 90 mins of defending

Sep 6, 2006
Neilz5419":36ngf2uk said:
samjones":36ngf2uk said:
Neilz5419":36ngf2uk said:
samjones":36ngf2uk said:

Thats a fair point about raised expectations, but I think 6 games unbeaten and top half form is good reason to be optimistic. If your not enjoying what argyle are doing at this time which in my opinion is as impressive as last years promtion in the effort they’re putting then I feel for you.

I hope your wrong tomorrow obviously and of late invariably you have been, but I can also understand where your coming from and all the expectation and Oxford on poor just looks like a potential banana skin we can’t afford, but have some faith I think we can get 3 points tomorrow.

I guess it comes down to whether all you want to is to see Argyle get results however awful the football or you prefer to get value for money by watching some football 'entertainment'.

Feb 17, 2017
Balham_Green":302wnf8j said:
Neilz5419":302wnf8j said:
samjones":302wnf8j said:
Neilz5419":302wnf8j said:
samjones":302wnf8j said:

I guess it comes down to whether all you want to is to see Argyle get results however awful the football or you prefer to get value for money by watching some football 'entertainment'.

We all would love to see argyle dominate position and open teams up at will course we would. Football is a results based business not an entertainment business.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
I guess it comes down to whether all you want to is to see Argyle get results however awful the football or you prefer to get value for money by watching some football 'entertainment'.[/quote]

Nah! Not what you say, for me. I enjoyed the performances at both Blackburn & at Wombles, and indeed felt entertained, as well as, at the same time being pleased with the result

Feb 2, 2007
Even without Hall and Nelse Oxford are a force to be respected at this level. Some good young talent especially Payne, Rothwell and decent goalie in Eastwood.

It’s a test for Clotet who has generally done ok up until the last few games with an incredibly tough act in Appleton to follow.

If Argyle continue with the gritty workmanlike, disciplined attitude of the last few games I could see a 1-0. But a draw wouldn’t be a disappointment.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I think 2-1 win with goals from Jervis and Carey

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just the one obvious change.

Could this be just our second league win at home this season?