Team Announcements | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team Announcements

The DJ in the hut?

• Should be boarded up in the hut and left forever without food.

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • Let him carry on - The kids love it.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Perhaps tone it down a bit as it annoys some of us.

Votes: 49 44.5%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Green_Matt":2jf2k60a said:
Poll please. I cannot believe that any thinking person finds the current state of affairs to be acceptable.

You have a poll. :twisted:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
The PA system is far far to loud. Id love to be able to get access to the booth & super glue the volume switch at half way. I also believe that having it so loud has the opposite effect in that distorts the sound & makes it more difficult to hear clearly.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The topic of loud pre-match music regularly pops up and the majority of fans give the same answer - we don't like it! And yet it continues.

It's become a pre-match ritual where the fans battle the bloke running the PA system in the corner of Home Park.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Perhaps we could run the poll for another week or so and then find someone with "connections" to present our findings to the club....
As I've contacted them in the past I'd be more than happy to accompany IAN when he does so ;)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":39nr0ah6 said:
The topic of loud pre-match music regularly pops up and the majority of fans give the same answer - we don't like it! And yet it continues.

It's become a pre-match ritual where the fans battle the bloke running the PA system in the corner of Home Park.

It seems, like the club's Twitter account that it is run solely for the fun of the person in charge of it not the supporters who it is supposed to be targeted at.

These are two basic things that cost the club nothing to put right, just a word in the ears of those running them. "Turn it down slightly, you're p*ssing off our customers", "stop picking fights and trying to one up our customers on social media, it's bad for business".

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The problem with these petitions they don't go to the top, they go to people who seem to do whatever they want and don't care about the fare paying customers. Until this changes nothing will change at Argyle.
Interesting here in Ottawa at the Fury games the stadium announcer sits up in the press box, there is no music before the game, there are team and player announcements with videos on the very large screen, when the players walk on the field in the same manner as they do at HP, there is a special music piece played some thing along the Semper idea. Once the players are lined up then the national anthems of both the USA and Canada are sung by a Ottawa fan, if the opposing team is from the US, if it is a Canadian team then just the Canadian anthem is played, once that finishes the players do their handshakes and the announcer then tries to encourage the fans to cheer. At HT there is a little bit of music while the players walk off, but there is always some form of entertainment on the field, eg mini soccer with local teams playing on half fields, juggling contests, basically some kind of fan participation entertainment, with NO loud music.

Argyle need to realise that they are their to entertain the fans, and not to their staffs pleasure. Maybe there needs to be a shakeup in their communication and marketing setup.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Less political than that point Mike, 80% hate the loud music being played at the wrong time.

I will ask that someone from the club sees how some of the fans are feeling about it. Although it must be pointed out no one is claiming that PASOTI in any way represents all Argyle fans, just the people on here.

Dec 3, 2005
Yes the volume is aweful - there is no need for it - it becomes distorted for starters. And to be unable to hear the guy next to you is unforgivable. Turn it down!!!

Certain games need NO music 10 minutes before kick-off i.e. Pompey and Bristol games and others with a good following - let the supporters generate the noise.

Goal music, I hate it (some love it) but to me, it is the main reason to be there to celebrate an Argyle goal, not to have the supporters drowned out by crap music. As soon as it comes on I sit down, my celebration is over.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Let the Devonport End, supported by the rest of us, create our own atmosphere. Semper Fideles will suffice.

I even heard block 16 making a noticeable contribution on Saturday. That pre-kickoff ‘music’ is unfamiliar to most and quite unnecessary.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":1rxzc2ru said:
Let the Devonport End, supported by the rest of us, create our own atmosphere. Semper Fideles will suffice.

I even heard block 16 making a noticeable and welcome contribution on Saturday. That pre-kickoff ‘music’ is unfamiliar to most and quite unnecessary.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The polling is conclusive. I hope that the message can be put across and goven serious consideration. The situation has a genuine effect on my desire to go to games, whereas I am sure that nobody ever decided to give Argyle a miss because they thought they might not get to hear stiflingly loud music.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think that Argyle actually have anyone who directs and co-ordinates the events when the teams take to the field. It just seems to happen rather than be something that is planned.

The version of Semper used is the wrong length and no thought has been given to the timing of the music to fit the walk on, meet, greet and handshakes. As has been said already, no thought is given as to when to announce the teams.

Then there are the sponsors who line up in a much too random fashion and just make the area look untidy. They shouldn't be there at that time. This is supposed to be the start of the show yet these people are obscuring the view around the tunnel making the event look scruffy. Any guard of honour should be uniformed in both dress and alignment. Does the Queen go onto the stage to applaud the performers onto their work area at a Royal Command Performance? No, of course not.

There is nobody in charge and therefore there is nobody to forward your complaints and observations to.

Home Park is sometimes called the Theatre of Greens and as at any theatre there should be a script and a director making sure everything runs to plan. If there is such a person then they aren't very good at their job.

Should there be a musical silence from 2.45? I don't believe there should. I don't think that fans would take advantage of that time to build the atmosphere, well not at every game anyway. The choice of music is important though. It should be something that the crowd can interact with. Something that inspires the supporters to end their individual conversations and gain their focus so they are all ready for that moment when the teams emerge to the tones of Semper Fidelis. It's a shame that Semper offers little in encouraging co-ordinated vocal interaction at this moment but of course tradition has to rule here.

Goal music? I think it comes on too early. It is as if someone is constantly poised over a button that they hit as soon as the ball hits the net. That must be dangerous. Has it ever happened where the button is hit for a disallowed goal? A better script would be to allow the natural celebrations of the goal to take place for 10-15 seconds and then announce the name of the scorer...... "goalscorer for Argyle, GRAAAA-HAM CAREY!!!" and THEN cue the goalscoring music.

Just saying like.

:think: