Team Announcements | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team Announcements

The DJ in the hut?

• Should be boarded up in the hut and left forever without food.

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • Let him carry on - The kids love it.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Perhaps tone it down a bit as it annoys some of us.

Votes: 49 44.5%

• Total voters

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I can see why you're a taxi driver. ;)

There is nobody in charge and therefore there is nobody to forward your complaints and observations to.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE CUSTOMERS’ CHARTER 2017-18

Points of Contact

The primary contact is Supporter Liaison Officer Rick Cowdery, who, on a day-to-day basis, will: attend to any complaints requiring immediate resolution; collate all other complaints and forward them to the appropriate official for action and reply; maintain a record of complaints; and ensure prompt and substantive replies.

PAFC

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":3rj9jufs said:

There is nobody in charge and therefore there is nobody to forward your complaints and observations to.

Points of Contact

The primary contact is Supporter Liaison Officer Rick Cowdery, who, on a day-to-day basis, will: attend to any complaints requiring immediate resolution; collate all other complaints and forward them to the appropriate official for action and reply; maintain a record of complaints; and ensure prompt and substantive replies.

PAFC

I know all that but as I say, there is nobody for RC to forward those complaints to. Isn't he in charge of the Twitter feed at 2.55 so it can't be his job to direct events down front.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think you'll find Rick on the Twitter feed at 2.55, especially home games.

Anyway, whatever the complaint is, he appears to be the first point of contact. He's head of media so surely the pre match music would come under his remit. I recall that many moons ago we had an open meeting up at the club, with Rick, to discuss such matters. Maybe it's time to have another one.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Last season before the Exeter and Liverpool games there were the infamous running battles between the crowd and the PA system. The fans tried to create an atmosphere but were beaten by the bloke on the PA system who just turned up the volume to win the battle.

It's been going on for years, survey after survey reveals the fans don't want it and still the very loud pre-match music remains.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
"goalscorer for Argyle, GRAAAA-HAM CAREY!!!"

LC that is close to what the stadium announcer here for the Ottawa Fury sounds, his would be something like

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SCORED BY # 9 GRAAAA-HAM CAAAARRREEEEEY with no music after so that the fans can cheer and clap and show their appreciation instead of being blasted out by loud obnoxious music

Sep 20, 2003
Keepitgreen":3s920uvn said:

Points of Contact

PAFC

That's an oxymoron if ever I've seen one.

Sep 20, 2003
PL2 3DQ":f0jt7hy1 said:
Last season before the Exeter and Liverpool games there were the infamous running battles between the crowd and the PA system. The fans tried to create an atmosphere but were beaten by the bloke on the PA system who just turned up the volume to win the battle.

It's been going on for years, survey after survey reveals the fans don't want it and still the very loud pre-match music remains.

It's about time the fans surveys were listened to. We are the customer after all.

May 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":f98ac6qw said:

Well, at least twice in one Season. Let's be honest, the rest of the time, the place is not exactly the Camp Nou is it ? Liverpool and Exeter at Home are the extremes, a soggy November Tuesday mid table evening against eg, Rochdale wont be a cauldron of emotion would it ?

I think that the right sort of music played at the right level can influence an atmosphere. It's often said that the atmosphere would build 15 minutes before with no music, the majority aren't even in their seats by then. It struggles during the game when theres no music already.

Goal music is ok if everyone sings from the same sheet. Something unique to us might help, not the latest Amazon Playlist download.

The goal music is unnecessary and when you hear similar at away grounds you think: how tinpot and poo is this place? We should be above that sort if artificial atmosphere which serves only to kill what we have.
Same for the pre-kickoff rave music, totally unnecessary. If you want that, stay at home or go to a nightclub.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Guiri Green":pi5m7yr9 said:
PL2 3DQ":pi5m7yr9 said:

Well, at least twice in one Season. Let's be honest, the rest of the time, the place is not exactly the Camp Nou is it ? Liverpool and Exeter at Home are the extremes, a soggy November Tuesday mid table evening against eg, Rochdale wont be a cauldron of emotion would it ?

I think that the right sort of music played at the right level can influence an atmosphere. It's often said that the atmosphere would build 15 minutes before with no music, the majority aren't even in their seats by then. It struggles during the game when theres no music already.

Goal music is ok if everyone sings from the same sheet. Something unique to us might help, not the latest Amazon Playlist download.

The Exeter and Liverpool games were just two examples.
Granted, the pre-match atmosphere generated by the fans will be lacking in most home games but that doesn't mean we should be bombarded with loud music.

In our last home game as soon as the minute silence had finished the loud music started which IMHO was inappropriate and disrespectful. There was just no need for it.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I'm quite happy to contact the club and arrange a meeting... Anyone else up for it?

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Well said L.C.but we still have to hear "goal scorer, sponsered by blah blah whoever",before their name is announced,by then we have almost finished cheering the goal.But i still think no music of any kind about 10mins to kick off please.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I'm not pursuing any further at the moment as I know it's being discussed at Argyle this week.... Time will tell if we have a listening club...

Jan 28, 2005
I attended a fans' consultation about these issues several years ago now. Fans' opinions on goal music varied. A clear majority of fans wanted Semper Fidelis. However, there were some things that everyone agreed on:

1. A selection of music popular with football supporters should be played before the game (I remember Chelsea Dagger being quoted as one example).
2. Semper Fidelis should be played in full as our team comes out of the tunnel (it takes about 2'30").
3. Team announcements should not be made over Semper Fidelis.
4. No music should be played after Semper Fidelis - instead those few minutes should be an opportunity for team announcements (not necessarily both teams in full) and for fans to build the atmosphere and not to be crushed by loud 'music'.

If any of the above happened, it did not happen for long.

Bring back Des Robinson!