The "bubble payment " | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The "bubble payment "

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
The PAST&DT loan is half way to be repaid thankfully.
Being repaid quarterly by the club to us.
I'm just back from my gall bladder op today and so life can return to normality again in a couple of weeks.
I did say I wouldn't return to HP until October 2016 (when the loan will be fully repaid).
However, I read the WMN for the first time in ages and the signing of Lee Cox and the other two lads to re-sign excites me a tad.
perhaps I may have to have a rethink.
Life is too short.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
LG":2e778idv said:
I'm just back from my gall bladder op today and so life can return to normality again in a couple of weeks.
I did say I wouldn't return to HP until October 2016 (when the loan will be fully repaid).
However, I read the WMN for the first time in ages and the signing of Lee Cox and the other two lads to re-sign excites me a tad.
Life is too short.

Aint that the truth mate,aint that the truth. Hope you're feeling better and you get over it quickly. :scarf: :scarf: :thumbs:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
pilgrimmike1":2kbv7qyb said:
LG":2kbv7qyb said:
Life is too short.

Aint that the truth mate,aint that the truth. Hope you're feeling better and you get over it quickly. :scarf: :scarf: :thumbs:
Thanks mate :thumbs:

Sep 6, 2006
LG":6tdit4r5 said:
Life is too short.

Why wont you return until the loan is repaid, out of curiosity?

Sep 6, 2006
cheshiregreen":7fedj6v8 said:
Graham Clark":7fedj6v8 said:
Damon.Lenszner":7fedj6v8 said:
Just hypothetically Graham - a £4million valuation on the reduced size freehold and a 75% loan to value would still require
a £1 million deposit. A £3million loan at 6% commercial mortgage rate over 25 years on an interest only basis would mean repayments of £180,000 per year - £15,000 more than the rent (at division 2 rate), the stadium once again in private hands, the club once again raising cash against the stadium to pay off debt and we would still need to borrow for the £1million deposit.

Graham your knowledge of Commercial Property deals far exceeds my own and I would stand happily corrected if these figures are painting too black a picture.

I was being hypothetical Damon to explain a potential way out, but I did include the HHP land in the calculation for which James Brent already owns the freehold. He would add the stadium freehold to that with all its inherent dangers for future ownership. That substantially changes the potential loan to value and ability to obtain a loan on more favourable terms. It will have the risks as you have indicated.

The Football Creditor debt is just that a debt to the 300 or so individuals (although the staff element of that has been settled by the GTs accelerated payments and is subject to a separate repayment schedule). We have two full seasons of unbudgeted income to reduce that debt by either transfers, unexpected cup runs or increased attendances and commercial income. Who knows the FC debt could be reduced to much more manageable levels depending on the team's performance in those two seasons.

The main danger is not administration because the FC repayments could still be rescheduled or renegotiated for a longer term but a points deduction for non-compliance with a Football League term agreement as part of the exit from administration and the transfer of the Football League share. As we know the loss of 10 points can have devastating consequences.

I know some of this debate is happening on the Grandstand thread but there really is a lot of important points covered on this thread.

In summary then

1)the GTs money is only a loan.
2)The club has to pay £2m by October 2016
3)No sign of when the Grandstand work will start or, more importantly, some revenue arise from it.
4) In addition, the Club is committed to the repayments to PASTD (£330k, I think).

Not a very rosy picture it seems.

Given this scenario, I imagine that should we receive any decent offers for any player over summer or indeed in the January window, then it may be difficult to turn these down. Of course, accepting bids for our better players could be counter productive for revenue generation in the long run, especially as we hope to be promotion contenders next season.

Perhaps, over the summer, we will get some further clarity on the Board's strategy.

Hyper inflation would help. Anybody know if this Plymouth billionaire in 'The erald' recently likes football? :shifty:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":l9uujbw9 said:
cheshiregreen":l9uujbw9 said:
Graham Clark":l9uujbw9 said:
Damon.Lenszner":l9uujbw9 said:
Just hypothetically Graham - a £4million valuation on the reduced size freehold and a 75% loan to value would still require
a £1 million deposit. A £3million loan at 6% commercial mortgage rate over 25 years on an interest only basis would mean repayments of £180,000 per year - £15,000 more than the rent (at division 2 rate), the stadium once again in private hands, the club once again raising cash against the stadium to pay off debt and we would still need to borrow for the £1million deposit.

Graham your knowledge of Commercial Property deals far exceeds my own and I would stand happily corrected if these figures are painting too black a picture.

I was being hypothetical Damon to explain a potential way out, but I did include the HHP land in the calculation for which James Brent already owns the freehold. He would add the stadium freehold to that with all its inherent dangers for future ownership. That substantially changes the potential loan to value and ability to obtain a loan on more favourable terms. It will have the risks as you have indicated.

The Football Creditor debt is just that a debt to the 300 or so individuals (although the staff element of that has been settled by the GTs accelerated payments and is subject to a separate repayment schedule). We have two full seasons of unbudgeted income to reduce that debt by either transfers, unexpected cup runs or increased attendances and commercial income. Who knows the FC debt could be reduced to much more manageable levels depending on the team's performance in those two seasons.

The main danger is not administration because the FC repayments could still be rescheduled or renegotiated for a longer term but a points deduction for non-compliance with a Football League term agreement as part of the exit from administration and the transfer of the Football League share. As we know the loss of 10 points can have devastating consequences.

I know some of this debate is happening on the Grandstand thread but there really is a lot of important points covered on this thread.

In summary then

3)No sign of when the Grandstand work will start or, more importantly, some revenue arise from it.
4) In addition, the Club is committed to the repayments to PASTD (£330k, I think).

Given this scenario, I imagine that should we receive any decent offers for any player over summer or indeed in the January window, then it may be difficult to turn these down. Of course, accepting bids for our better players could be counter productive for revenue generation in the long run, especially as we hope to be promotion contenders next season.

Perhaps, over the summer, we will get some further clarity on the Board's strategy.

Hyper inflation would help. Anybody know if this Plymouth billionaire in 'The erald' recently likes football? :shifty:

A question that has been asked many times before of Chris Dawson and the answer is no.

His company The Range has a slogan of "If we don't sell it, you don't need it" and guess what, they stock nothing Argyle related. :whistle:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1c9r59bj said:
cheshiregreen":1c9r59bj said:
Graham Clark":1c9r59bj said:
Damon.Lenszner":1c9r59bj said:

In summary then

He's a rugby man I believe.

Sep 6, 2006
Keepitgreen":1vcwnl8e said:
Balham_Green":1vcwnl8e said:
cheshiregreen":1vcwnl8e said:
Graham Clark":1vcwnl8e said:
Damon.Lenszner":1vcwnl8e said:

In summary then

He's a rugby man I believe.

He wouldnt tell the difference if he went to HP last season.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Balham_Green":2ojibk7e said:
LG":2ojibk7e said:
Life is too short.

The charity commissioners have made it clear that the Trustees are liable to make up the money if the loan isn't repaid.
It's one hell of a season ticket cost to convince the Mrs to let me go and I just wasn't enjoying the football whilst all the time worrying about the hit i'd be in for if it all went mammaries up.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
LG":udx6h0ew said:
Balham_Green":udx6h0ew said:
LG":udx6h0ew said:
Life is too short.

The charity commissioners have made it clear that the Trustees are liable to make up the money if the loan isn't repaid.
It's one hell of a season ticket cost to convince the Mrs to let me go and I just wasn't enjoying the football whilst all the time worrying about the hit i'd be in for if it all went mammaries up.

Bleddy hell mate, that must have been a stressful time! Glad to hear the club are duly paying what is owed and that you're considering a return. Good luck with the recovery from your op :thumbs:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
spowell92":3uv6x2he said:
LG":3uv6x2he said:
Balham_Green":3uv6x2he said:
LG":3uv6x2he said:
Life is too short.

Bleddy hell mate, that must have been a stressful time! Glad to hear the club are duly paying what is owed and that you're considering a return. Good luck with the recovery from your op :thumbs:
Thanks.
It was indeed a stressful time, and certainly took it's toll, physically and mentally.
Probably why the return of TW took me back to a bad place, and added to the painful time I was going through with the gallstones, just tipped me over the edge Argyle supporting wise.
And those that really know me, know how much Argyle has shaped my life.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I don`t know you LG and you don`t know me but I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery and although I would pass you by at HP without any idea who you are, I wish you a speedy and early return. Your type of supporter is much needed.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
justanotherfan":bv8njzt3 said:
I don`t know you LG and you don`t know me but I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery and although I would pass you by at HP without any idea who you are, I wish you a speedy and early return. Your type of supporter is much needed.
thanks