The Herald getting worse! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Old Gunner":3hc9c6rg said:
Knarf Reprah":3hc9c6rg said:
Who cares about union street

If you care about Plymouth as a City then the state of Union Street should be of concern.

Over priced parking and extortionate business rates will be the death of town/city centres like Plymouth.

Jan 3, 2013
GreenArmy1984":3p17ahsa said:
Enjoy Plymouth Herald coverage of Argyle

I think we are lucky to have great coverage of our football team

Very easy to criticise the media

Chris Errington and team do a Great Job

Do you ever see anything negative?

Jan 3, 2013
Leon Horn":wt4du7fn said:
Knarf Reprah":wt4du7fn said:
GreenArmy1984":wt4du7fn said:
Enjoy Plymouth Herald coverage of Argyle

I think we are lucky to have great coverage of our football team

Very easy to criticise the media

Chris Errington and team do a Great Job

Do you ever see anything negative?

Now now... ;)

Simple question leon.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If a question was asked of you, like 'can you see anything positive' you'd claim 'bullying'.

Here's a tip, when Paul posts, you don't have to.

If you don't like his posting style (some don't) - Resist the need to comment.

Apr 15, 2008
London
IJN":1oxsre0u said:
If a question was asked of you, like 'can you see anything positive' you'd claim 'bullying'.

Here's a tip, when Paul posts, you don't have to.

If you don't like his posting style (some don't) - Resist the need to comment.

Agree. Personally, I find his posting style charming.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Knarf Reprah":31ksonhm said:
Old Gunner":31ksonhm said:
Knarf Reprah":31ksonhm said:

If you care about Plymouth as a City then the state of Union Street should be of concern.
Why? The whole city centre is beyond redemption

We all see things differently---I walk down Cornwall Street and Ebrington Street for example and I see a vibrant, multicultural, independent business community--other people see a Sh!thole. I see a City with more building projects than ever before--others complain about students. Anyway I think I'll have my breakfast in the Brazilian Cafe in Cornwall Street tomorrow, followed by Lunch in Mama Rita's and then perhaps a cold Doom Bar in one of the Cafes overlooking the Sound---crappy place but I make the best of it :)

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Old Gunner":2rpdkasm said:
We all see things differently---I walk down Cornwall Street and Ebrington Street for example and I see a vibrant, multicultural, independent business community--other people see a Sh!thole. I see a City with more building projects than ever before--others complain about students. Anyway I think I'll have my breakfast in the Brazilian Cafe in Cornwall Street tomorrow, followed by Lunch in Mama Rita's and then perhaps a cold Doom Bar in one of the Cafes overlooking the Sound---crappy place but I make the best of it :)

Well said sir!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Old Gunner":3u9wn9d5 said:

That is an utterly fantastic post.

I think I'm right in saying OG is from London (please correct me if I'm wrong!) and it's always been my experience that 'outsiders' seem to think a hell of a lot more of Plymouth than some of the locals.

Aug 5, 2016
Knarf Reprah":8jstilo1 said:

Many of the quarter of a million residents of the city, commuters, business owners, tax payers.

General folk who read the Herald, support Argyle and frequent sites like Pasoti.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Moved here from London some 18 months ago.

Plymouth is a fantastic city in a fantastic part of the country. Yes, it could do with more job opportunities but so could most of the country. You not only have a competitive football team, you also have a decent rugby team, a fine basketball team, and a speedway team (that could do with our support if you are able). It is on one of the finest coastlines in the country and has the magnficent Dartmoor National Park on its doorstep. We are lucky enough to have a nationally acclaimed theatre where many big shows debut due to also having a wonderful bunch of stage designers. And with a nod to the Cornish, it is just a short hop across the Tamar to access even more fantastic countryside and coast in wonderful Kernow.

Be grateful for what you have, Plymouth. You could be living in some grim northern poo'ole.

Jan 3, 2013
Union street needs a complete revamp.....interesting the previous poster saying 250000 people care about it, I meet very few people who ever go down there....apart f on leon with his frequent visits to jesters!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£4.50 for a pint in some clubs. That's why union street is all but derelict

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Knarf Reprah":ff0x1vwi said:
Union street needs a complete revamp.....interesting the previous poster saying 250000 people care about it, I meet very few people who ever go down there....apart f on leon with his frequent visits to jesters!

For my sins haha :)

Jan 29, 2010
metroace":3j7uvsgb said:
Moved here from London some 18 months ago.

Plymouth is a fantastic city in a fantastic part of the country. Yes, it could do with more job opportunities but so could most of the country. You not only have a competitive football team, you also have a decent rugby team, a fine basketball team, and a speedway team (that could do with our support if you are able). It is on one of the finest coastlines in the country and has the magnficent Dartmoor National Park on its doorstep. We are lucky enough to have a nationally acclaimed theatre where many big shows debut due to also having a wonderful bunch of stage designers. And with a nod to the Cornish, it is just a short hop across the Tamar to access even more fantastic countryside and coast in wonderful Kernow.

Be grateful for what you have, Plymouth. You could be living in some grim northern poo'ole.

Well said. We have a bit of everything and much of it under appreciated by the people who live here. Would never consider living anywhere else.