The Home Park facade | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Home Park facade

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
And I think I remember someone saying that they've got one of the 10 Steps signs in their garage!

Feb 13, 2015
I remember shuffling under that sign when the crowd left. I was only about 5 and couldn't see anything but legs around me , it was always scary hoping I would find the steps before I was crushed. To watch the match I used to stand on the big concrete block that was the base of the floodlights. Someone said earlier they paid 20 p to get in, for me it was 1s 6d ( 7.5p ) but even at that price my dad used to just pick me up at the turnstile and say I am not paying for him!! Different times.
Ian have you got any pictures of that strange speaker type thing at the back of the Barn Park end? Always thought of that as part of my early days.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I haven't mate, but Steve Dean (GoS) will surely have.

Steve.................

Dec 3, 2005
IJN":38anakq8 said:
Here's one of my favourites.

y8Cm96q.jpg

OMG as a 10 year old that was so scary going down them steps after the game :)

Found this old picture of the Barn Park End in B & W :)

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/plym ... ounds.html

In fact there are some wonderful old pictures of home Park there.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Jeez, I certainly remember those truly awful toilets half way down that exit!! As a family group, we used to use the BP end in the 60s and 70s alongside away fans - no segregation in those days!

Dec 3, 2005
Emeraldinho":jyxxh45u said:
Jeez, I certainly remember those truly awful toilets half way down that exit!! As a family group, we used to use the BP end in the 60s and 70s alongside away fans - no segregation in those days!

Yes, you in those days you could walk ALL the way around the ground - usually the supporters prefering to change ends at half-time, depending on which way Argyle were attacking.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Emeraldinho":2ucjmh4e said:

I was just about to make a similar comment on the bogs when I read your message.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
djg145":t65mz5sc said:
Yes, you in those days you could walk ALL the way around the ground - usually the supporters prefering to change ends at half-time, depending on which way Argyle were attacking.

I enjoy pre-season games at places such as Bideford and Tivvy where you can still do that.

Mind you the last time I was at Tivvy it was such a hot day I stayed at the supermarket end in the shelter of the corrugated iron and enjoyed the second half with the Tivvy fans. (Met IJN that day but he was sat in the Director's box!)

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Argylegames":1yg5s4ge said:
djg145":1yg5s4ge said:

I enjoy pre-season games at places such as Bideford and Tivvy where you can still do that.

Mind you the last time I was at Tivvy it was such a hot day I stayed at the supermarket end in the shelter of the corrugated iron and enjoyed the second half with the Tivvy fans. (Met IJN that day but he was sat in the Director's box!)
Nothing changes!!!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I take no credit from that Steve, after all, it's only Baz!

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
djg145":b5p1fl58 said:
IJN":b5p1fl58 said:

y8Cm96q.jpg

Brilliant link!
On the next photos on from the barn park are of the Mayflower, what is interesting is that
without the executive boxes and hospitality lounge the seating in the lower Mayflower look significant in number. The leitch criss crosses are in evidence, like Goodison and Ibrox (this has been said before on this forum), it looks better then than it does now that's for sure.
When the committee starts to review the refurbished design of the Mayflower stand I would like to think they could keep these iconic features, like the criss cross and the shape of the roof (not sure but it would need a new roof, canterlevered budget permitting, would Like to think that the style could be rebooted)

Dec 3, 2005
BHS":3el514r1 said:
djg145":3el514r1 said:
IJN":3el514r1 said:

y8Cm96q.jpg

Brilliant link!
On the next photos on from the barn park are of the Mayflower, what is interesting is that
without the executive boxes and hospitality lounge the seating in the lower Mayflower look significant in number. The leitch criss crosses are in evidence, like Goodison and Ibrox (this has been said before on this forum), it looks better then than it does now that's for sure.
When the committee starts to review the refurbished design of the Mayflower stand I would like to think they could keep these iconic features, like the criss cross and the shape of the roof (not sure but it would need a new roof, canterlevered budget permitting, would Like to think that the style could be rebooted)

Thank you - yes some great old pictures of all sides of the ground :)
I do like the one of the Demport End - it clearly shows the ground sloping up in the goal area, must have given Argyle a distinct advantage lol