"The hunt goes on" 3 new players? (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"The hunt goes on" 3 new players? (merged)

Aug 15, 2008
It is becoming a witch hunt. Sheridan needs to win today just to stop the rot and restore a bit of faith.

Oct 5, 2013
Not a witch hunt for me, just want to see him improve his performance tactically and motivationally using the players he has!

J

just_ste

philevs":3nvbkbms said:
Not a witch hunt for me, just want to see him improve his performance tactically and motivationally using the players he has!
But he wont

1985nhangingon

He got the win so fair play but doubt we would have seen the excellent Thomas if Reid didnt go off

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Expanding the squad

Sheridan had been keen to strengthen his squad even before the injuries to Banton, Smalley, Reid and Hartley.

He said: “I will have to assess Reuben and Peter. They are big players for us and I will keep my fingers crossed it’s not too serious for them.

“But I’m looking for two or three players. I’m going to watch a game on Tuesday.

“I will see what happens, but you have just got to keep persevering and trying to get players who are going to be beneficial to us.

“I’m hoping one will come in next week. It’s more or less agreed.”

Sheridan added that he wanted to add up to three on-loan players to his squad before Argyle’s away game against Accrington Stanley on Saturday.

Confused....one minute he is happy with the squad and then...........

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ade the green":1oh9h26e said:
Have you ever heard of any manager anywhere in the world that doesn't want more players?

Three players wanted before the injuries in the Hartlepool game......do we need six now?

JS has recruited three players who he has employed in centre midfield since May (Cox, Norburn and O'Connor) but seems to be seeking a further one. Will he get this next choice right?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
He got the Cox choice right. He was brought in to compliment Hourihane.

Norburn had a decent trial, few of us weren't impressed. He's shown some good qualities so far, but also shown enough to suggest he isn't ready for regular first team football.

O'connor was brought in as cover for the right side of the defence and not brought in to play midfield. Shez' eye for the game obviously made him consider that Ant had the right attributes for the defensive midfield role and has pulled off a very good move by positioning him there. It's helped steady some of our defensive woes, but hasn't always helped us on the attacking front.

Of course we just lost a midfielder who scored 9 goals last season and has scored 6 already this season. It was always going to be a tough recovery, especially when not given adequate financial clout to replace effectively. Dom seems to be coming to form though and we may get lucky on a Palace loanee proving great.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Based on comments over the weekend, thought we may have had an announcement by now.....hope deal hasn't fallen through.