The missing fans! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The missing fans!

Dec 2, 2005
London
jerryatricjanner":2ppu3uwr said:
Not strictly true and certainly not "going up end of".Last 4 seasons have been 6,900, 7,100, 7,300 and 7,400 which taking into account the non attending season ticket holders have only been included in the last two seasons means they have basically been static for four years. This season of course they are a little higher with the good start and Pompey and Rovers played at home already and no doubt they will continue to better in a promotion chasing season.

PASOTI fact? Or is there a link for that?

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
ghost of hughie reed":22fkuzt7 said:
Concerning attendances and how things can change for a club, I remember us playing Newcastle Utd away in the second tier in the days before the premiership. The score 2-2, the attendance at Newcastle was around 9,000. Look at them now. The difference ?
They went on to get their product right, we didn't.

Comparing us to Newcastle is mad talk isn't it. Back then the Mags were in chaos and nearly went out of business until Hall tookover, and I think they still had over 30 thow for their derby match that year.

The only reason Sunderland got a big crowd against Argyle that year was because of FA Cup final vouchers as I recall. Some of the most deluded fans in the world at that club, but I pity any fan on getting Fat Sam in charge, an only marginally lesser evil than Poolis.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
HPRJohn":1v4smdd3 said:
There is no one reason for why people cant turn up to every game. It will be a combination of factors with varying degrees of severity / importance. The size of the game may well override factors deemed to be less severe / important. I am a ST holder yet I have only seen 4 games this season 3 home and Wimbledon away on opening day. My reasons for missing games have been varied, for example Barnet at home my wife has been ill and I didn't want to leave her on her tod - This is a factor of high importance / severity to me and no game would have tempted me down to home park on that night. Home to Bristol Rovers I missed because I was buggered after a difficult week at work and didn't fancy the drive from Paignton to Argyle as I had already clocked up nearly 1000 miles at work that week... However if it'd been a clinch promotion / the title match I'd have downed a red bull and gone down.

Fair play to all you people who drop everything to get down for every game - I used to be one of you - but I can safely say I love Argyle as much as the next person, sometimes though other things take precedence.

This

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
LostPilgrim":2207ng9e said:
jerryatricjanner":2207ng9e said:
Not strictly true and certainly not "going up end of".Last 4 seasons have been 6,900, 7,100, 7,300 and 7,400 which taking into account the non attending season ticket holders have only been included in the last two seasons means they have basically been static for four years. This season of course they are a little higher with the good start and Pompey and Rovers played at home already and no doubt they will continue to better in a promotion chasing season.

PASOTI fact? Or is there a link for that?

It is a fact yes but nothing to do with Pasoti. Check with the club and I am sure they will confirm this. In the old days attendance figures were only those who came through the turnstiles. More recently most clubs include all tickets sold, even season tickets so those not at the match are also included. It was only in the papers this week about Arsenal declaring a crowd of 60,000 for every home game when there is often up to 5,000 empty seats on any given match day. I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this as sometimes when people compare attendance figures with previous years they are not comparing like for like which can give a distorted figure.

May 26, 2015
Good point Jerry; this new practice should be stopped. Like you say, it spoils comparison with the past and it is seriously misleading. I had no idea about this new method of counting.