Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 221 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

Jul 12, 2016
BG there is no one more boring than yourself, but as for making it up, I dont believe I am and if the vast majority on here were in favour of him being the boss then the vote would reflect that.
The simple fact is, this vote has been available for a long time now and there has been a constant stream of messages on this and at the top of the page is the vote which people can change depending on the underwear they have on each day, but very few have changed their minds.
So unless there is a major upturn in results which there wont be then you are stuck with the realism that I am right and you are wrong ;)
It looks to me like over 50% are giving Foster the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Apr 5, 2008
Plymouth
What did we actually achieve this season under Schumacher? Attractive football maybe but hopeless away from home.
Attractive football will do.....Being a good slap of points away from the relegation zone was a good achievement. Lots of goals.

A damn sight more than we have achieved under this fella, that's putting it mildly.

It really isn't impossible for a competent manager to have come in and done similar to the last manager, maybe even have improved our lot.

This bloke has taken us backwards in so many obvious ways, but if you don't want to see that, you crack on.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The season does not end in December and the cracks in our displays were already apparent when Schumacher did a runner.
While that may be true, to suggest we'd done nothing in the first half of the season, or had no good times in the first half of the season (the first part you've said, the latter part Foster keeps suggesting) just isn't true. If it wasn't for most of us enjoying the first half of the season so much Foster would probably be getting an easier ride.

Mar 16, 2009
London
BG there is no one more boring than yourself, but as for making it up, I dont believe I am and if the vast majority on here were in favour of him being the boss then the vote would reflect that.
The simple fact is, this vote has been available for a long time now and there has been a constant stream of messages on this and at the top of the page is the vote which people can change depending on the underwear they have on each day, but very few have changed their minds.
So unless there is a major upturn in results which there wont be then you are stuck with the realism that I am right and you are wrong ;)

Stop the BG baiting please. He's entitled to a different point of view to yourself.

According to you in another post, if you don't slate Foz on here and believe it's far too early to judge, then you're a 'Foster Lover'.

Why does everything have to be so black and white in your world?

As with most things, the situation is far more nuanced.

I've been delving into the Brian Clough archives over the last week on You Tube.

Ridiculously, he was ousted after 7 weeks at Leeds. Hated for following in the footsteps of his much-loved predecessor.

He then went to Forest.

The rest is history.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’m not sure that’s the best example to use, as he famously alienated the Leeds players and just generally wasn’t the right fit for them at all. And I love the guy.

Reactions: Greendawe

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Impossible to say. He was there for 7 weeks!!

Not enough time to find the local butcher shop, as he said :giggle:

But really don’t think he was the right fit, not a great start when the players already hate you and you tell them they’ve been playing the wrong way their whole careers.

Getting slightly off topic though…

Reactions: Deacster
Jun 17, 2006
Reading
The club definitely seem to be on a bit of Rick Cowdery-esc social media blocking spree at the moment, anybody who criticises Foster seems to be getting blocked, Simon needs to have a word because it’ll only add to the toxicity.
The manager, club captain and club top scorer have today effectively asked that we all stick together to give us the best chance of staying up, and that the recent reactions are understandable, but that they are not going to help us get the results we all want. If our fans were all leaders and not followers, then I wouldn’t be concerned about the messaging on Club Social Media sites. Unfortunately, there are too many followers in life who will simply side with the ‘loudest’, those who cannot form their own reasoned opinion and instead join in with the negative chants and the comments because ”hey, I don’t want to stand out“. Restricting Social Media is not the answer for me, but let’s each be a leader and not a follower.
The most depressing thing about the interviews today…..the Gaffer’s family had to leave the ground early against Preston. Shameful stuff, and not the Argyle I support…..
”…..Dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance…..just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they can take our lives, but they’ll never take our [Championship status]…..”?! 😁

Reactions: Daz and jimsing

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The solid backbone of last season's League-winning team :
- Cooper (out for most of this season),
- Scarr (rarely plays now), Wilson,
- Azaz, Matete, Mayor,
- Ennis and Cosgrove has been badly missed all season plus the roles played by Burton, Gillesphey, Longwijk, Butcher, Earley, Callum Wright , Tyreik Wright plus the loss of Grant, Bolton, Jephcott etc..

Last season, we had subs. who could come on and change games mainly thanks to having 4 strikers.
To repeat the obvious once again,
as Ennis and Cosgrove weren't replaced in July 2023 or in January 2024, we have suffered in attack (Whittaker, Hardie now seem mentally and physically drained) and in defence as Ennis, Cosgrove worked hard off the ball , defended corners, free kicks well against
big centre halves or forwards who've punished us this season from
set-pieces.

Foster has his faults but
The Recruitment Team are responsible for the above. Hopefully within a week or so, they can find a goal scoring
Free Agent striker now and a box-to-box midfielder Free Agent to replace Gyabi and add energy, speed to our midfield !

Jephcott went out on loan last season

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Stop the BG baiting please. He's entitled to a different point of view to yourself.

According to you in another post, if you don't slate Foz on here and believe it's far too early to judge, then you're a 'Foster Lover'.

Why does everything have to be so black and white in your world?

As with most things, the situation is far more nuanced.

I've been delving into the Brian Clough archives over the last week on You Tube.

Ridiculously, he was ousted after 7 weeks at Leeds. Hated for following in the footsteps of his much-loved predecessor.

He then went to Forest.

The rest is history.
Firstly I am not baiting him or anyone, he doesn't need baiting he just does what he does :)

On my first post which is the big on one page one, I wrote that he deserve time and respect which he was given... then he turned in to a big of a womble and has created such great divides that they are beyond repair, even if we win the last 8 which we all know wont happen, he wont be liked and people will still want him out.

Being colourblind, my world may as well be black and white so you aren't too far from the truth there ;)

I have no time for Foster now, he was given time, he is full of poor excuses and is as dull as dishwater and on here alone there are very few in his corner, some will give weight either way for him and some just want him gone, now listen, you stated BG is entitled to his own opinion, well so am I and for as long as I am within Pasoti rules I will continue to have my view and if you, BG woodygreen or whatever he's called and others want to slate me and tell me I am wrong then you carry on.
I have no issue with anyone on here as I know no one, I have met a few and they are all very decent people, the ONLY thing we all have in common is Argyle, the rest is for people to call how they see fit.
Suggesting however in a veiled way that I am bullying is ridiculous and a bit naughty, so lets leave that there.... why did you bait me hahaha

Reactions: GreenEden