Trust relays member concerns to the club | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust relays member concerns to the club

A

Anonymous

How many paid-up members does the trust now have? Does anyone know?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
David_Fisher":2x8yiqjp said:
Gareth Nicholson":2x8yiqjp said:
Tugboat":2x8yiqjp said:
Honesty and transparency my ARSE!!!

The Trust seem to have disappeared into their shell on this one.

If Brent still hasn't responded to the points raised 10 days ago then why not tell us?

And as for the PASB they seem incapable of releasing minutes of a meeting that took place more than a week ago.

Anyone from the PASB willing to put their head above the parapet and tell the rest of us what is going on?

This is getting a bit ridiculous now, David. Essentially what you're asking is for someone from the Trust to come on every day and say 'we haven't had a response today.' Or maybe one in the morning and one in the evening? I think it's safe to assume that when the Trust has received a response from James Brent, they will say so.

If you're that keen on turning round admin work for the Trust or the PASB quicker than they have the capacity to do at present, why not volunteer to help them out? But this constant griping makes you look a bit of a mam.

Thanks for that Gareth.

I feel it's important for both the Trust and the PASB to engage with the wider fan base.

If that makes me a bit of a mam then guilty as charged.

It would appear from Damon Lenszner on the 'PASTA to host New Years meeting with James Brent' thread that a response from James Brent has in fact been received.

Damon posted: "I am certain that the actual reply will be made public at some point. It does not make for pretty reading."

Can anyone from the Trust confirm that this is correct and let us know when the reply will be published?

Anyone from the Trust able to confirm this one way or the other?

Aug 15, 2008
Yes we want a reply and if the Clubs given one and your withholding it I will be withdrawing from the trust and cancel my membership.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Verte":1xz2fnlt said:
Yes we want a reply and if the Clubs given one and your withholding it I will be withdrawing from the trust and cancel my membership.
That might be a bit of gun jumping best wait until the facts are known.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Please have a bit of faith. I'm sure the Trust are working out how to do this. When previously we sent a letter to James and asked for permission to put his reply into the public domain, he refused. If he has done that explicitly in the reply to the Trust's latest letter, it would be difficult to just defy that and publish it: frankly it would give Brent a fine excuse to cease all communication.

That said, it would be helpful to get confirmation that a response has been achieved and a view on whether the response covers in the Trust board's view an adequate and detailed response to the questions raised.

P

pilgrimgreen

Bring back the CP group, if i remember rightly they had clear direction and up to date communication.

Dec 3, 2005
So what is the point of the Trust, at this moment?

I thought it was a LINK between the supporters and the Club, how foolish of me.

If the Trust as asked legitimate questions, that the Trust Members feel need to asked on their behalf, then well done the Trust.

If then the answers are NOT being allowed to be passed onto the Trust Member's, by the request of the Club, well this is totaly wrong.

The Trust as far as I know, is there for it's members, not to cosy up with the Club.

No member's no Trust.

So much for the openess and transparency.

T

Tim Chown

The Trust board is continuing to encourage the club to make its financial situation known. As yet, we've not received any such information, nor are we keeping any financial (or other) information about the club from our membership.

We're looking to meet with the club in person in the near future to discuss the matter further.

The PASB is in its infancy. As other have observed, many of the PASB are Trust members, thus it should be no surprise that similar questions are being asked through that channel also.

Tim

P

plimuff

Tim Chown":3qgoz9qk said:
The Trust board is continuing to encourage the club to make its financial situation known. As yet, we've not received any such information, nor are we keeping any financial (or other) information about the club from our membership.

We're looking to meet with the club in person in the near future to discuss the matter further.

The PASB is in its infancy. As other have observed, many of the PASB are Trust members, thus it should be no surprise that similar questions are being asked through that channel also.

Tim

On another thread Damon Lenszner has said the Trust have received a reply from the club and it doesn't make for pretty reading. Confused.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
plimuff":2fl4ksyj said:
Tim Chown":2fl4ksyj said:

Tim

On another thread Damon Lenszner has said the Trust have received a reply from the club and it doesn't make for pretty reading. Confused.

Tim has now confirmed on another website that James Brent has responded to the Trust board but as his reply failed to address the concerns put to him the Trust are arranging a meeting in person.

Seems to me the Trust are doing their best to keep things on an amicable basis so let's hope some progress can be made.

Does seem odd though that after all the spin about openness & transparency the door apparently gets slammed in the Trust's face when they ask what I thought were reasonable questions.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
David_Fisher":39j37i2a said:
plimuff":39j37i2a said:
Tim Chown":39j37i2a said:

Tim

Tim has now confirmed on another website that James Brent has responded to the Trust board but as his reply failed to address the concerns put to him the Trust are arranging a meeting in person.

Seems to me the Trust are doing their best to keep things on an amicable basis so let's hope some progress can be made.

Does seem odd though that after all the spin about openness & transparency the door apparently gets slammed in the Trust's face when they ask what I thought were reasonable questions.

Funny smell of coffee?

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Have we had an update on this yet?

Are we seeing the transparency & openess or is it another load of BS fed to us fans? as ever being encouraged to be "Loyal".

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I would like to think that if the Trust have received a reply that they would relay that reply to us members, no matter what the reply was.
If it did not answer the questions then at least let us members know what the reply was and we can at least make up our own minds as to which direction JB might be coming from.