Two dodgy ref decisions at home in 2 games and we capitalize | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Two dodgy ref decisions at home in 2 games and we capitalize

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Some of the scuffles and challenges aren't something you can easily prevent as a referee but he never had control of this game and made way too many poor calls. I even think the penalty shouldn't have been given but that's one decision I won't moan too much about!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Monkey Nuts":85gn7goo said:
Odd really, he was one if the worst ref for quite a while, missed loads of obvious stuff and made so many bad decisions, but the two most important decisions of the night went our way!

:iagree:

It was very odd, he missed elbows, time wasting, handballs etc and yet the two big decisions went our way. I thought Mellor should have been sent off. The ref instantly pulled out a yellow but put it away as Mellor was receiving treatment from the physio, he was then surrounded by the Stevenage players and I thought he might have changed his mind but pulled out the yellow card again when Mellor stood up.

It's the worse refereeing performance I can ever remember, he got worse as the match wore on and Stevenage took advantage of his inexperience. Kevin Johnson he's called and was in the Conference last season, this his first season in the Football League and has so far been in charge for three League Two games.
Hopefully the assessor sat in the grandstand will recommend he has to really improve to stay in the Football League.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":1ql69gu7 said:
Monkey Nuts":1ql69gu7 said:
Odd really, he was one if the worst ref for quite a while, missed loads of obvious stuff and made so many bad decisions, but the two most important decisions of the night went our way!

:iagree:

It was very odd, he missed elbows, time wasting, handballs etc and yet the two big decisions went our way. I thought Mellor should have been sent off. The ref instantly pulled out a yellow but put it away as Mellor was receiving treatment from the physio, he was then surrounded by the Stevenage players and I thought he might have changed his mind but pulled out the yellow card again when Mellor stood up.

It's the worse refereeing performance I can ever remember, he got worse as the match wore on and Stevenage took advantage of his inexperience. Kevin Johnson he's called and was in the Conference last season, this his first season in the Football League and has so far been in charge for three League Two games.
Hopefully the assessor sat in the grandstand will recommend he has to really improve to stay in the Football League.

Their players surrounded the ref (and their coaches berated the 4th officlal) because they had 2 against 1 in our box when a square ball would have left the player over with an open goal but the ref didn't play advantage and awarded the free kick on the edge of the box.

I did think the linesmen (or assistant refs) could have helped the ref out on occasions as they are supposed to do. There was a blatant handball on the blind side of the ref which the linesman must have seen as we all saw it from row Z in the grandstand.

J

jsimmons

Agree that the ref was very poor tonight. There's a saying that the good refs are the ones you don't notice!

Alessandra had a major black eye after the game from the assault on him in the first half that the ref missed from ten yards, but I could see from sixty!

Disagree that the penalty was a dodgy decision. I had a clear view from the front of block 4 of the Devonport and my instant reaction was that it was a definite penalty. The Stevenage player jumped with his arm above his head to knock the ball away with his hand.

As I hear someone say after the game: "We didn't deserve to win, but didn't deserve to lose."

Dec 3, 2005
How did he MISS the time wasting?

We had almost NINE minutes added time and boy were we glad of it.

At the end of the day the Ref did Argyle a favour - not sending off Mellor, making Stevenage pay for there blatant time wasting and giving us a penalty.

Major decisions that went our way - no doubt during the season they will go against us - but hey enjoy the moment :)

Nov 9, 2011
Agree the ref was shocking.
Stevènage players holding in the box at corners.
At one corner all 11 players in the box 9 on or within the 6 yard box.
Truly awful game and reffed by a clown.
£22 to watch that,

Jul 3, 2013
As one of those who witnessed the 4-1 defeat at Oldham the year we won league one, the ref last night was nowhere near as bad as that eejit!

B

Benji1

Povisco":1n03n570 said:
I wasn't there - hoping the youtube highlights show some of the decisions, but here's what Westley thinks: He's not happy - thinks Mellor should have been sent off (sounds like he might be right on that one), they should have had 2 pens and our pen shouldn't have been given.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTjlJwQP40

Watched the goals on Sky this morning, and our penalty, was correct definitely handball.

In view of the blatant time wasting and strong arm tactics that led to injuries the ref was right to add on the correct added time, so he got two decisions correct.

To say he was inexperience is utter tosh, as he would have completed many years as a asst ref in the FL.>

For people to called him a clown and other names, when they have never ref'd a game in all there lives, is crazy, he may have called a few decisions that went against argyle, so in some people's eyes he is a clown, and the worst ref we have had.

I wish some people would get real on this site.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Benji, it's not bias. I called the Orient ref awful because he was awful in Argyle's favour. I called the Exeter one good cause I thought he was good.

This one was pretty crap to both teams- he just got nearly everything wrong. That said, I agree that the penalty and the added time were amongst the few things he did get right so credit to him for them.

Jun 8, 2014
Benji1":3ra30rm5 said:
Povisco":3ra30rm5 said:
I wasn't there - hoping the youtube highlights show some of the decisions, but here's what Westley thinks: He's not happy - thinks Mellor should have been sent off (sounds like he might be right on that one), they should have had 2 pens and our pen shouldn't have been given.

Watched the goals on Sky this morning, and our penalty, was correct definitely handball.

In view of the blatant time wasting and strong arm tactics that led to injuries the ref was right to add on the correct added time, so he got two decisions correct.

To say he was inexperience is utter tosh, as he would have completed many years as a asst ref in the FL.>

For people to called him a clown and other names, when they have never ref'd a game in all there lives, is crazy, he may have called a few decisions that went against argyle, so in some people's eyes he is a clown, and the worst ref we have had.

Were you at the game? It's not even biased for Gods sake, he was an abysmal referee who made shocking decisions for both sides.

The 'have you refereed before argument' is complete rubbish as well. No, I haven't, but that doesn't mean I should symoathise wity him.

If you can't do your job, then you shouldn't be in it.nif I was a builder who couldn't build would you say the same thing? Ie, 'you're not a builder so be quiet'? Of course you wouldn't, because I'd have been sacked for being totally inept at building. So, the same for the referee. He can't referee, so shouldn't be allowed to.

B

Benji1

Paven":8ptjlfi2 said:
Benji1":8ptjlfi2 said:
Povisco":8ptjlfi2 said:

Were you at the game? It's not even biased for Gods sake, he was an abysmal referee who made shocking decisions for both sides.

The 'have you refereed before argument' is complete rubbish as well. No, I haven't, but that doesn't mean I should symoathise wity him.

If you can't do your job, then you shouldn't be in it.nif I was a builder who couldn't build would you say the same thing? Ie, 'you're not a builder so be quiet'? Of course you wouldn't, because I'd have been sacked for being totally inept at building. So, the same for the referee. He can't referee, so shouldn't be allowed to.

This is a typical comment from somebody who has not a clue, criticise somebody who can't do the job themselves.

Because in your opinion, he made some abysmal decisions in your eyes, he may have been correct on those decisions. You may not agree with them, but somebody has to make them, of course he can do the job, to get to the FL level, he would have been ref'ing for about 10-12 years at least, and been assessed all the way. If he was not capable he would not be there. Don't forget it is his opinion, based on the experience he has gained, in those years, not yours somebody has to make the decisions,

To call him inept, and a clown, is totally bizarre, he would have been assessed last night, and if the assessor thinks, he made a few bad calls, it will be sorted out, just leave them alone, and let them get on with there job, that you can not do .