Two dodgy ref decisions at home in 2 games and we capitalize | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Two dodgy ref decisions at home in 2 games and we capitalize

Jun 8, 2014
Benji1":1x0wa64i said:
Paven":1x0wa64i said:
Benji1":1x0wa64i said:
Povisco":1x0wa64i said:
I wasn't there - hoping the youtube highlights show some of the decisions, but here's what Westley thinks: He's not happy - thinks Mellor should have been sent off (sounds like he might be right on that one), they should have had 2 pens and our pen shouldn't have been given.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTjlJwQP40

Watched the goals on Sky this morning, and our penalty, was correct definitely handball.

In view of the blatant time wasting and strong arm tactics that led to injuries the ref was right to add on the correct added time, so he got two decisions correct.

To say he was inexperience is utter tosh, as he would have completed many years as a asst ref in the FL.>

For people to called him a clown and other names, when they have never ref'd a game in all there lives, is crazy, he may have called a few decisions that went against argyle, so in some people's eyes he is a clown, and the worst ref we have had.

I wish some people would get real on this site.

Were you at the game? It's not even biased for Gods sake, he was an abysmal referee who made shocking decisions for both sides.

The 'have you refereed before argument' is complete rubbish as well. No, I haven't, but that doesn't mean I should symoathise wity him.

If you can't do your job, then you shouldn't be in it.nif I was a builder who couldn't build would you say the same thing? Ie, 'you're not a builder so be quiet'? Of course you wouldn't, because I'd have been sacked for being totally inept at building. So, the same for the referee. He can't referee, so shouldn't be allowed to.

This is a typical comment from somebody who has not a clue, criticise somebody who can't do the job themselves.

Because in your opinion, he made some abysmal decisions in your eyes, he may have been correct on those decisions. You may not agree with them, but somebody has to make them, of course he can do the job, to get to the FL level, he would have been ref'ing for about 10-12 years at least, and been assessed all the way. If he was not capable he would not be there. Don't forget it is his opinion, based on the experience he has gained, in those years, not yours somebody has to make the decisions,

To call him inept, and a clown, is totally bizarre, he would have been assessed last night, and if the assessor thinks, he made a few bad calls, it will be sorted out, just leave them alone, and let them get on with there job, that you can not do .

Were you there? DID you see it?? It's not like I'm feeling sorry for myself, everyone I've spoken to who went agrees it was an utterly abysmal reffing performance. Stevenage fans feel the same way. It's not a hard done by thing.

Nov 4, 2012
The referee was abysmal and i don't know how somebody is defending him? If anything his bad decisions favoured us so there's no bias involved. He was the most hopeless official I have ever seen at Home Park.

B

Benji1

Paven":3usvlbjk said:
Benji1":3usvlbjk said:
Paven":3usvlbjk said:
Benji1":3usvlbjk said:
Povisco":3usvlbjk said:
I wasn't there - hoping the youtube highlights show some of the decisions, but here's what Westley thinks: He's not happy - thinks Mellor should have been sent off (sounds like he might be right on that one), they should have had 2 pens and our pen shouldn't have been given.

Watched the goals on Sky this morning, and our penalty, was correct definitely handball.

In view of the blatant time wasting and strong arm tactics that led to injuries the ref was right to add on the correct added time, so he got two decisions correct.

To say he was inexperience is utter tosh, as he would have completed many years as a asst ref in the FL.>

For people to called him a clown and other names, when they have never ref'd a game in all there lives, is crazy, he may have called a few decisions that went against argyle, so in some people's eyes he is a clown, and the worst ref we have had.

Were you at the game? It's not even biased for Gods sake, he was an abysmal referee who made shocking decisions for both sides.

The 'have you refereed before argument' is complete rubbish as well. No, I haven't, but that doesn't mean I should symoathise wity him.

If you can't do your job, then you shouldn't be in it.nif I was a builder who couldn't build would you say the same thing? Ie, 'you're not a builder so be quiet'? Of course you wouldn't, because I'd have been sacked for being totally inept at building. So, the same for the referee. He can't referee, so shouldn't be allowed to.

This is a typical comment from somebody who has not a clue, criticise somebody who can't do the job themselves.

Because in your opinion, he made some abysmal decisions in your eyes, he may have been correct on those decisions. You may not agree with them, but somebody has to make them, of course he can do the job, to get to the FL level, he would have been ref'ing for about 10-12 years at least, and been assessed all the way. If he was not capable he would not be there. Don't forget it is his opinion, based on the experience he has gained, in those years, not yours somebody has to make the decisions,

To call him inept, and a clown, is totally bizarre, he would have been assessed last night, and if the assessor thinks, he made a few bad calls, it will be sorted out, just leave them alone, and let them get on with there job, that you can not do .

Were you there? DID you see it?? It's not like I'm feeling sorry for myself, everyone I've spoken to who went agrees it was an utterly abysmal reffing performance. Stevenage fans feel the same way. It's not a hard done by thing.

I wish someone would actually state which abysmal decisions he made, or were the ones that went against Argyle.

Nobody states which ones, only that he was a clown, he was abysmal, but nobody gives any examples.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Benji1":19rje4fj said:
Paven":19rje4fj said:
Paven":19rje4fj said:
Povisco":19rje4fj said:

I wish someone would actually state which abysmal decisions he made, or were the ones that went against Argyle.

Nobody states which ones, only that he was a clown, he was abysmal, but nobody gives any examples.
A few examples;

1. Giving handballs which were on players chest and missing clear handballs (I can remember one by Stevenage on their wing in the first half in front on block 12). About 10 handballs given in the match.

2. Wouldn't allow the teams to play an advantage

3. Wouldn't allow a quick throw in

4. I can remember Luke (I think) had played a long ball to Morgan and the defender had two hands on him and pulled him to the ground and it was given as a Stevenage free kick

5. The throw in incident

6. Failing to stop the game straight away for head injuries (3 in total, one of which Alessandra had to go up the tunnel for treatment).

Jun 8, 2014
To add, Mellor should have been sent off. No idea how he wasn't.

Harvey in the far corner being shoved to the ground by two players and it being given as a Stevenage free-kick, and that was done by his linesman, who also failed to notice head injuries.

Took him about half an hour to catch onto time wasting as well.

Aug 15, 2008
OK he was poor and made errors - now put your hands up those that have never messed up in your job and had a bad day.

The assessor will rip him to pieces and he will go back for further training and made to sit through the video to the tune of " that's wrong, that's a mistake" repeated about 20 times.

Dec 12, 2010
Plymouth
He was horrendously bad you cannot tell me every time the ball was played up to Reuben Reid he handballed but that was what he was giving the freekicks for or accusing Reid of pushing his opponent when he was in front of the player and was in no position to push anyone. As you were not there Benji you cannot comment on the display of the ref. I dont think anyone could defend that display last night.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The referee had more hair than common sense....

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
I thought that - in chief - it was a dreadful showing by the ref.

Re the Mellor incident, I haven't seen a replay but surely it was either a slip & an accidental ball to hand, or a straight red? Edge of the box; no one behind him.

Again I haven't seen a replay, but I thought we were also lucky to escape a straight red in the 2nd when a last-gasp challenge stopped a one-on-one with Luke.....

& as for the penalty, clear as a bell, it was spotted by the lino; the ref appeared uncertain for several seconds.

My particular bug bear though were the delays introduced by the ref's pedantry over the placing of the ball at free kicks - on a number of occasions he introduced 30 second + delays by requiring free kicks taken by the defence to be slightly re-positioned & re-taken, despite the fact that neither side were concerned.

To be balanced though, he did well re the extra time - as soon as the extra time board was shown, Stevenage took 90 seconds to walk their injured man off the pitch; not all refs extend injury time for time-wasting after the 90 have passed.

A right Curate's Egg & no mistake.

C

Cobi Budge.

Charlie's match moments video shows how long the ref actually took to give the penalty, I thought he'd blown for FT, it was lino who gave it, which summed up the refs night
considering the lino was in a worse position.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ag7o1GB_wGw

Good vid of the penalty as well, great celebrations in the devonport and from Smalley.

Mar 29, 2011
Cobi Budge.":1ggk11yt said:
Charlie's match moments video shows how long the ref actually took to give the penalty, I thought he'd blown for FT, it was lino who gave it, which summed up the refs night

Good vid of the penalty as well, great celebrations in the devonport and from Smalley.

The lino did not give anything. He waived his flag as if he was giving a foul then he put his flag down and didn't signal anything.

If the linesman gave it, he would have put his flag across his chest.

I was sat directly behind him and was puzzled as to how he didn't make the decision himself.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Jasa":3phqnfuu said:
Cobi Budge.":3phqnfuu said:

The lino did not give anything. He waived his flag as if he was giving a foul then he put his flag down and didn't signal anything.

I was sat directly behind him and was puzzled as to how he didn't make the decision himself.

He did, although he didn't make the cross chest signal.

He flagged instantly & the moved to the corner flag.

Mar 29, 2011
JonB":39zxhf5t said:
Jasa":39zxhf5t said:
Cobi Budge.":39zxhf5t said:

Flagging and not showing a direction of who the foul is against though Jon isnt making a decision as he could have spotted a foul either way. Nobody will know either way what he decided as he didn't signal this.

B

Benji1

Jasa":29b3wlq6 said:
JonB":29b3wlq6 said:
Jasa":29b3wlq6 said:
Cobi Budge.":29b3wlq6 said:

Flagging and not showing a direction of who the foul is against though Jon isnt making a decision as he could have spotted a foul either way. Nobody will know either way what he decided as he didn't signal this.

The Law has changed from this season, regarding flagging for a 'Pen'. The lino is no longer required to put the flag across his chest, it is against FIFA directions.

He should flag and then signal with his right hand for a foul and move directly to the corner flag, for a foul for the attacking side, and shout Pen/Pen/Pen, thru his 'mike', or agitate the flag with his left half, to indicate a foul for the defending side.

You are not longer allowed to put the flag across the chest.

The lino clearly signalled with his right hand, and should be shouting thru his mike.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Benji1":1g3i6ah8 said:
Jasa":1g3i6ah8 said:
JonB":1g3i6ah8 said:
Jasa":1g3i6ah8 said:
Cobi Budge.":1g3i6ah8 said:

The Law has changed from this season, regarding flagging for a 'Pen'. The lino is no longer required to put the flag across his chest, it is against FIFA directions.

He should flag and then signal with his right hand for a foul and move directly to the corner flag, for a foul for the attacking side, and shout Pen/Pen/Pen, thru his 'mike', or agitate the flag with his left half, to indicate a foul for the defending side.

You are not longer allowed to put the flag across the chest.

The lino clearly signalled with his right hand, and should be shouting thru his mike.

Didn't know that Benji - that's exactly what he did; instantly.