We need a new Drummer | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We need a new Drummer

Drummer Yes or No.

• Yes - The drum brings an atmosphere to Home Park.

Votes: 91 56.9%
  • No - The drum should be consigned to history.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I really don't care - Couldn't care a flying one.

Votes: 24 15.0%

• Total voters
Sep 28, 2003
London
PAFC94":23m7fckd said:
Regardless of what anyone on here says, a drummer certainly helps the atmosphere. It was certainly better last season than it has been this. The Exeter game was pretty decent but that aside it's been non-existent.

No, that's just your opinion, which you're presenting as fact.

There's many reasons the atmosphere has been getting progressively worse - the absence of some idiot banging a drum isn't one of them.

If the team, manager or club in general were at all inspiring, there'd be more noise.

Dec 7, 2006
rose":29pvgxle said:
Knarf Reprah":29pvgxle said:
NOOOOOOOOO puerile, annoying, infantile and pathetic! I have a large tub of Vaseline to use if a drummer dares to interrupt my football afternoons

What? No dinner or flowers first?
Brilliant!! :funny:

Nov 4, 2012
Andy Holland":zku6e7tw said:
PAFC94":zku6e7tw said:
Regardless of what anyone on here says, a drummer certainly helps the atmosphere. It was certainly better last season than it has been this. The Exeter game was pretty decent but that aside it's been non-existent.

No, that's just your opinion, which you're presenting as fact.

There's many reasons the atmosphere has been getting progressively worse - the absence of some idiot banging a drum isn't one of them.

If the team, manager or club in general were at all inspiring, there'd be more noise.

I can't remember any game last season where the atmosphere was worse than any of the 5 home games excluding Exeter this season.

Jan 3, 2013
FordGreen":kxfhwzqv said:
rose":kxfhwzqv said:
Knarf Reprah":kxfhwzqv said:
NOOOOOOOOO puerile, annoying, infantile and pathetic! I have a large tub of Vaseline to use if a drummer dares to interrupt my football afternoons

wish I had the time to go on here when I was working for the same organisation as you Ford Green!

Dec 20, 2011
Being consistent and going on a decent winning streak of 5-6 games and the crowds will increase...
And hey presto. The atmosphere will get better. No drummer required. Just a team giving 110% when they step over the white line. Simple as that :greensmile:

Aug 15, 2008
I remember watching the 1982 World Cup and every match seemed to have a samba beat all the way through. I loved it.

If the drummer was sat next to me in the stand however......

Dec 7, 2006
Knarf Reprah":nnbnd1yp said:
FordGreen":nnbnd1yp said:
rose":nnbnd1yp said:
Knarf Reprah":nnbnd1yp said:

wish I had the time to go on here when I was working for the same organisation as you Ford Green!
:yawn:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
The reason the atmosphere is so crap is because of what we have to endure watching on the pitch courtesy of Sheridan and it's wearing a bit thin now.

Many fans are losing the will and the energy, they are just going through the motions in turning up at HP.

The atmosphere will only get worse until we start to look like serious Promotion contenders and a team that is going somewhere. Hanging on for a 1-goal win, almost waiting for the other team to score whilst barely having a shot on goal ourselves will not get the crowd going.

Some buffoon banging a drum to create a false atmosphere won't change anything, especially the idiot who used to try and drown the 'Fletcher out' chant a couple of years back.

Jan 7, 2013
I must admit a drum can make a difference, Exeter last season springs to mind when they done us 2-1 they sounded rather good as much as it kills me to say it!

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
PAFC94":2xib23rl said:
I very much agree. Bring back the drummer. He was very good and got chants going.

C

Cobi Budge.

The drummer was Charlie though, who now the does the 'Matchday moments' video's for the club.

I don't think there will be many volunteer's to be honest as if you are constantly drumming away, it probably makes watching the match a little difficult.

Agree it would be good however.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Maybe the club can pipe some crowd sounds over the tannoy system just like they do with can laughter in old comedys

:facepalm:

There was more atmosphere in my local library this weekend and it was shut

C

Cobi Budge.

I do agree that the cheerleaders have gotta go though.

This enforced enjoyment isn't enjoyable in the slightest.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":14bx45ue said:
I do agree that the cheerleaders have gotta go though.

This enforced enjoyment isn't enjoyable in the slightest.

What have those poor girls done wrong? They are part of the show and if anything they are short in numbers. They could also be a lot more inventive with their uniforms and could also be more involved in promoting the club around the county. However it was good to see them representing the club on the Lord Mayor's Day day.