Well done Sheridan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Well done Sheridan

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Ambish away about being in the league places above if you wish.

It's getting the mind set of the place-offs right that will matter, if Argyle can maintain the form so far of being fourth best in the league.I don't see teams going and drawing a team in the world c(orr)up(t) and then whining they should be justifiably beating the team because the team won fewer of their qualifying games to get there. It's a blank page pretty much in the play offs, and the team best equipped come April/May should get through. I can't see how that quite equates to picking random numbers like in a lottery, unpredictable though it is. And given how lightly Sheridan seemed to take pre-season, maybe the team can still be well equipped by then.

Jan 6, 2004
I am getting increasingly confident about promotion. This is not because of our current league position but because of how tight our defence is. Many teams in the top third are there because they are having a yo yo season and a few games have gone their way recently (as happened to us in the middle third of last season). A consistently low goals against record is not fluke and is sustainable across the season. Shades of 01/02

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think Sheridan will ever become a legend or fan favourite or anything like that, largely down to him having no connection with the club or fanbase & visa versa. However I don't think he'll ever be hated or anything like that.

He's the sort of manager that oneday we'll look back on and just think "he did a good job", and that's all I want from him, he's quietly going about things and I do take my hat off to him.Keep up the good work John!

J

Jambo

Sheridan is doing a fine job and I really believe we've got a good chance of promotion this season. I've always been in support of him even when some were questioning his suitability for the role. He seems to have learned and adapted to making tactical changes and the quality of players he has brought in this summer have been a revelation. Still early days in the season though but the signs look good

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge.":1adzhm27 said:
I don't think Sheridan will ever become a legend or fan favourite or anything like that, largely down to him having no connection with the club or fanbase & visa versa. However I don't think he'll ever be hated or anything like that.

He's the sort of manager that oneday we'll look back on and just think "he did a good job", and that's all I want from him, he's quietly going about things and I do take my hat off to him.Keep up the good work John!

Depends what your definition is of 'legend' I suppose Cobi. As an aside, IMHO the term legend seems to get too easily bandied around by the younger generation these days in particular.

Sheridan didn't have connection with the club before he joined, but look at Luggy. He didn't do a bad job.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Quinny":3pl0l2ba said:
Gary_Wills":3pl0l2ba said:
If Argyle can remain this high in the table, there's still only a 25% chance via the play-offs ain't there? And how many of this team have been through a successful play-off campaign?

The playoffs are a horrible, horrible lottery: you can be 15-20 points clear of the teams behind you in the playoffs, but one iffy day and that's it. Great for SKY and "the chance to play at Wembley" (yay?) but that's of little solace if you lose.

Three teams go up automatically from League Two: right now our ambitions must to be to be in one of those three slots. Given our run in towards Xmas, that must be considered a realistic goal, and then we can look at how to consolidate that.

Look at me: a couple of weeks ago I'd been happy finishing in the play-off zone...

I agree, the play offs are all well and good if you go up (trip up to Wembley, extra revenue etc...) but if you don't go up it's heartbreaking. 3rd or above would be best.

C

Cobi Budge.

I see what you mean but Luggy settled, loved the club and fans and the fans loved him, rather Sheridan seems to have kept a distance and visa versa, having listened to what he's had to say he seems motivated in a personal achievment sense, not so much to do with the club, not a criticism as such just an observation.

As I say, I don't think he'll ever be loved in the way someone like Luggy was/is but we'll look back on Sheridan's tenure with a nod of approval, especially if we keep this home form up.

He's doing a good job!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
If he gets us up and keeps us up then I'll certainly love him, more than a nod of approval.

Nov 4, 2012
Remember where we were after the 4-0 defeat at Vale Park? That was less than two years ago. He's done a good job so far but we have to maintain the consistency and get at least top 7 this year, although Saturdays performance gives me hope that we can do even better than that. One game at a time. Next up Mansfield.

Jun 15, 2013
Finally, my faith has been rewared. Actually, I predicted our good form would end against Portsmouth, but Shez proved me wrong. Maintaing the consistency must be the key for the promotion now. Good job so far, Shez.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Emu":1y1jbyxz said:
Cobi Budge.":1y1jbyxz said:
As an aside, IMHO the term legend seems to get too easily bandied around by the younger generation these days in particular.

And I'm sure the next generation can mature into being just as patronising, given time.

If you consider what's the latest coverage of legendary, W Rooney, it's rather easy to see how confusion and disagreement might arise.

Dec 2, 2005
London
If taking us from the verge of non-league to a (hypothetical) promotion team in just over two years isnt enough to give you "legendary" status I am not sure what would.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Gary_Wills":3bw76o57 said:
Emu":3bw76o57 said:
Cobi Budge.":3bw76o57 said:
As an aside, IMHO the term legend seems to get too easily bandied around by the younger generation these days in particular.

And I'm sure the next generation can mature into being just as patronising, given time.

If you consider what's the latest coverage of legendary, W Rooney, it's rather easy to see how confusion and disagreement might arise.

It's not patronising at all. It's just a general observation.

Still, I wouldn't expect less from you.

I

Iknewcharliedance

Ditto and well done Wotton, I think his work with the defence has been a bit understated