Well done Sheridan | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Well done Sheridan

Mar 23, 2008
Iknewcharliedance":36gl9g91 said:
Ditto and well done Wotton, I think his work with the defence has been a bit understated
Indeed and interesting point. Our defence is as good as it's been for years and Wottsy deserves great credit for that. I love the fact Wottsy is always on the sidelines making a 0 gesture talking to the defenders, installing that determination he had when he played to battle for a clean sheet. You also have to consider that the personnel he has to work with are as good as you see for this league. Luke has to be the best goalie in the league and you won't find three better centre backs than we have and the wing backs have been superb of late. Sheridan deserves great credit for these acquisitions as only Nelse was here when he arrived.

C

Cobi Budge.

Gary_Wills":39kp4x7l said:
Emu":39kp4x7l said:
Cobi Budge.":39kp4x7l said:
As an aside, IMHO the term legend seems to get too easily bandied around by the younger generation these days in particular.

And I'm sure the next generation can mature into being just as patronising, given time.

If you consider what's the latest coverage of legendary, W Rooney, it's rather easy to see how confusion and disagreement might arise.

Rooney will be England's highest ever goalscorer & will top the all time caps record, if that doesn't constitute 'England legend' I don't know what does.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think I have to agree with you on that one Cobi. Despite never feeling Rooney has attained the highest heights as a player(by that I mean real world class performances on the European and World stage) that many thought he might as a teenager his stats in an England shirt are hard to argue with. Injuries permitting he will surely eclipse Shilton's cap record and even though England play many more internationals these days against "minnows" following the break up of the former USSR, Czechoslavakia and Yugoslavia plus the addition of the likes of the Faroes, Gibraltar etc. his goal record of almost 1 every 2 games is impressive and will see him top Bobby Charlton's 49 goals within the next 12 months almost certainly.
Oh, and to keep on topic Sheridan has done a sound job in my opinion. He doesn't need to interact with the fans too much or smile too much as far as I'm concerned, anymore than a player has to wave or clap the fans to be classed a legend. I think all most of us are concerned with is getting out of this league. If Sheridan can do a Sturrock and get us a second promotion I think he will be looked at as a legend in Argyle terms at least. It is a word I too feel is used too easily these days but it's relative I suppose.

Jul 3, 2013
I agree Watson deserves a bit of credit but even the biggest of clowns could note that the defensive players we have are all experienced at a higher level and it really does show. No doubt Wotton is great vocally and very supportive but a defensive tactical genius I very much doubt! Then again, these comments are coming from those who were crying for Sheridan, McHugh, blizzard etc to do one and prefer Luke young and harvey ;-)

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Stiffler":22c1tiqv said:
I agree Watson deserves a bit of credit but even the biggest of clowns could note that the defensive players we have are all experienced at a higher level and it really does show. No doubt Wotton is great vocally and very supportive but a defensive tactical genius I very much doubt! Then again, these comments are coming from those who were crying for Sheridan, McHugh, blizzard etc to do one and prefer Luke young and harvey ;-)
WATSON?????????

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
pedro91":juxxr16b said:
Stiffler":juxxr16b said:
WATSON?????????
Have you ever heard of autocorrect?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
GreenSam":2hkhss93 said:
pedro91":2hkhss93 said:
Stiffler":2hkhss93 said:
WATSON?????????
Have you ever heard of autocorrect?
AUTOCARROT???????????