West Brom match thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

West Brom match thread

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
jack5":2lgyudxr said:
As an aside..a big thanks to Ottawa Green for all of the updates at each and every one of our matches. It means a lot for those of us who'd love to get there, but can't.

He'd love to get there too!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
argyleapf":3pt2cth3 said:
So much to be pleased about. Why on earth did Cambridge unload the classy Spencer? We looked strong in every department I felt. Good strength throughout the squad. How is Adams going to pacify those that don't get a regular game is a problem, with so many deserving a start.
Cambridge didn't release him, he turned them down.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
argyleapf":jm69eqo4 said:
So much to be pleased about. Why on earth did Cambridge unload the classy Spencer? We looked strong in every department I felt. Good strength throughout the squad. How is Adams going to pacify those that don't get a regular game is a problem, with so many deserving a start.

How many shots did Spencer test the WBA keeper with?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Quintrell_Green":286suu87 said:
argyleapf":286suu87 said:

Did anyone actually have a shot on target ? There were a few that went into Row Z and out for throw ins but I don't recall any goalkeeper saves.
Maybe I had fallen asleep by then :coat:

Jan 2, 2006
Defensively I thought we were excellent but didn't see too much to be excited about regarding our forwards.

Although it should be noted west brom are very experienced with Macauley Evans and Olsen as centre backs and fletcher sat in front of them it's no surprise our forwards were well marshalled. However, on the whole west brom were not at the races - first half looked as if they had been told to go easy. When they did attack the ball was more often than not crossed into the stand behind the goal. They were awful and look several weeks short of sharpness.

Plus points for argyle : Bulvitis, songo'o and Bradley were excellent. As were Threlkeld and Fox

Disappointments for me : Miller, slew and Ijaha. But that is perhaps harsh given the opposition

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
samjones":1kjco4ym said:
Quintrell_Green":1kjco4ym said:
argyleapf":1kjco4ym said:

Did anyone actually have a shot on target ? There were a few that went into Row Z and out for throw ins but I don't recall any goalkeeper saves.
Maybe I had fallen asleep by then :coat:

Playing against such high calibre opponents I would not have expected too much in the scoring stakes, but felt they played the ball about well. Against less able opposition I felt we showed enough to cause problems for opposing defenders at our level. Spencer's touch and ability on the ball in particular was most pleasing.