White membership | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

White membership

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
oddball":uetciugf said:
X'y.....A white membership when it was first introduced offered a significant discount as opposed to paying for six matches individually,and was a good buy,also when we were in the CCC and entered the FA Cup in round 3 it gave you second dibs on a ticket and was a good buy....now none of those conditions apply and a white membership,in my opinion I must stress,is a waste of money. Far better to just turn up on the day.

If I remember the 6th match was basically free with the old white memberships? It was an excellent deal I think, if my memory is correct that is.

Currently I don't think that the current offering gives any sort of value for money at all, and if you can only do 5-6 home games this season I think POTD is probably better value.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Womble":1yla5ylo said:
oddball":1yla5ylo said:
X'y.....A white membership when it was first introduced offered a significant discount as opposed to paying for six matches individually,and was a good buy,also when we were in the CCC and entered the FA Cup in round 3 it gave you second dibs on a ticket and was a good buy....now none of those conditions apply and a white membership,in my opinion I must stress,is a waste of money. Far better to just turn up on the day.

If I remember the 6th match was basically free with the old white memberships? It was an excellent deal I think, if my memory is correct that is.

Currently I don't think that the current offering gives any sort of value for money at all, and if you can only do 5-6 home games this season I think POTD is probably better value.

6 games @ £22 is £132 against "White" @ £115 so a saving of £17.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
David_Fisher":1e2pf5hh said:
Womble":1e2pf5hh said:
oddball":1e2pf5hh said:

6 games @ £22 is £132 against "White" @ £115 so a saving of £17.

David,,,, Not quite correct. You have to deduct admin charges,postal charges,and so on...which you have conveniently forgotten to do....

Jul 29, 2010
Might work out as a viable incentive to a local who occasionally goes.

But as explained earlier it's £5 to receive your membership package by post and I've been charged (ish) 68p plus (ish) £1.60 credit card processing charge to take the 68p to have my ticket in my hand before I set off.

Soon eats into any £17 discount.

My choice, my motivation is identity, continuous membership and the insurance of ticket priority. Economically, it really doesn't stack up.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
X Isle":wifa473a said:
Might work out as a viable incentive to a local who occasionally goes.

But as explained earlier it's £5 to receive your membership package by post and I've been charged (ish) 68p plus (ish) £1.60 credit card processing charge to take the 68p to have my ticket in my hand before I set off.

Soon eats into any £17 discount.

My choice, my motivation is identity, continuous membership and the insurance of ticket priority. Economically, it really doesn't stack up.

:iagree:

If I hadn't renewed then I may not be going to Wimbledon. As it happens, the ticket is in the post. See you at The Robin Hood.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
X Isle":2ruwvc2z said:
You can use as many or as few as you want on any given game and if, say, you've only got two left but want to take a party of four you'll be able to sit together, you'll just get charged for the two extra.

Get ready to rage X'y. It appears you can't do this anymore... Just tried it. Plus you get get charged an extra £1.35 per ticket booked!!! So that's a guaranteed £8.10 that I have to pay over the season for the privilege of using my pre-purchased membership... Its not a lot, but its the principle of it. Like you've already pointed out actually, it eats into any pre-promised discount.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Its noticeable that Argyle are now squeezing the lemon so hard the pips are starting to squeak. As a business lounge lizard,you used to get a complimentary cup of tea or coffee with a biscuit at half time. Now its 50p and no biscuit.OK only small things but it doesn't create a lot of goodwill.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":345n6e51 said:
Its noticeable that Argyle are now squeezing the lemon so hard the pips are starting to squeak. As a business lounge lizard,you used to get a complimentary cup of tea or coffee with a biscuit at half time. Now its 50p and no biscuit.OK only small things but it doesn't create a lot of goodwill.

I'd say they're not squeezing enough yet. I have just paid £55 for my membership and for that I get no games whatsoever but you have to be a member to buy tickets either home or away.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Cabbie...lets have like with like eh?....fourth division against fourth division...Argyle need all the fans they can get,yet by charging £1-50 for this and 50p for that they are slowly getting up the backs of the fanbase ,well my back anyway.....

C

Coatsey8

If I pay for my white membership now, will I just collect on Saturday, with the pompey game added to it ?

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Just bought my white membership for this season and then went to book my ticket for the Portsmouth game to find they want to charge me £1.35 every time I book in advance! The greedy box office really do love squeezing every penny out of the fans. Not exactly going to help with queues at the BO on match day, which is where I'll be on Saturday afternoon.

C

chronicgreen

GreenMatt":zbpac4qf said:
Just bought my white membership for this season and then went to book my ticket for the Portsmouth game to find they want to charge me £1.35 every time I book in advance! The greedy box office really do love squeezing every penny out of the fans. Not exactly going to help with queues at the BO on match day, which is where I'll be on Saturday afternoon.

You think it's a box office decision? Look further up the food chain my friend.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The £1.35 fee extra per ticket for this season is a Ticketmaster issue, every ticket they sell for football and rugby matches, concerts and shows has this fee. It looks the club resisted it before.
If a fan bought every home and away ticket it would mean an extra £62 this season in Ticketmaster fees.

#pearljam