Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 46 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 75 30.6%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 42 17.1%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Someone else

Votes: 34 13.9%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2019
I know this thread will have many pages to run, but I can almost guarantee our next manager hasn't been mentioned yet. I'm pretty sure Ian Foster's name only came up the day before he was confirmed. He was a real curveball that nobody saw coming.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't been following this thread, but if I understand correctly, we interviewed three candidates - Foster, Cook, and Barry. What are the odds that a data-driven process threw up three (more) scousers?

Reactions: Said old Green
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Not sure if it’s been mentioned by Will Still has opted to leave Reims at the end of the season and is looking for an ambitious championship club. He has already turned down Sunderland due to the way they run things. Looks like the type of manager who would suit us.
If he’s referring to decision making structure rather than the actual decisions being made then that might rule him out as we have the same DoF, Head of Analytics, Head Coach setup

Reactions: Argy1e
Aug 29, 2008
It might be a year or two too soon, and his team got hammered at the weekend... but I most like the look of Mike Williamson. Has a great record at Gateshead (promotion and then pushing for playoffs) and a high % win rate at MK Dons. He hasn't managed above league 2, but has played a lot of games at this level and above. He plays the right style of football by all accounts. And he came through the Torquay youth system, having grown up in Paignton!

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Not sure if its been mentioned by Will Still has opted to leave Reims at the end of the season and is looking for a ambitious championship club. He has already turned down Sunderland due to the way they run things. Looks like the type of manager who would suit us.
As unlikely as this is, I will personally drive to Reims (it's a beautiful city so it's really no inconvenience) and bring him back to Plymouth. He can have whatever sweets he wants for the journey, too...

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
So curiosity got the better of me, below is a link to an article with will still. I new a bit about him but not too much. Quite a good piece. He has certainly done well with Reims.... This article I think shows why he could be very good for us and importantly why we could be very good for him too. One thing I didn't realise is just got young he is😲😲 ...I new he is young but 31!!!

Under our leadership with Nd and nance, and the re building skills highlighted in said article. I'm even more impressed... Think he would need a good assistant along side him though (like Ireland, been there done it).

Oh and maybe he needs to mature his way of speaking a little😂.... And surely can't be beyond us financially.

Athletic inverview

Reactions: woollygreen
Jul 5, 2023
With the possibility of funding coming into the club when we maintain our Championship status, I wonder if there's a likelihood of more money in the kitty to pay for a higher calibre head coach? Perhaps some of the names which seemed out of reach for us, suddenly might be options.

Dec 30, 2020
If - and it is still an 'if' - we stay in the Championship, our budget will greatly increase as a result of the TV deal.

This won't make us more competitive relative to Championship clubs (because they'll also get the increase). But it will relative to clubs in overseas leagues. This means there will be a lot more potential to recruit from the international market.

Combined with the horrendous problems we've had recruiting this season, it would therefore seem to me to make a huge amount of sense to appoint someone (at least somewhere on the staff, if not as Head Coach) with a working knowledge of at least a couple of non-UK leagues.