"Whole Game Solution" **Updated with Club Statement**. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"Whole Game Solution" **Updated with Club Statement**.

Feb 8, 2005
Sorry. I should have explained. EFL finances. The sponsorship has steadily reduced over the past few years and the EFL is trying to change the format in order to stimulate more interest from commercial concerns.

Feb 8, 2005
The EFL are trying to boost interest from the supporter at the same time, and believe that a change of format will be beneficial to Clubs via increased gates.

Trying to do both at the same time is the problem that they will have to overcome.

The EFL are hoping that a change in format will produce an increase in interest from both sponsers and supporters.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's change for change's sake. I believe it's called a dead cat bounce.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
jimsing":1vg3fcf9 said:
The EFL are trying to boost interest from the supporter at the same time, and believe that a change of format will be beneficial to Clubs via increased gates.

Trying to do both at the same time is the problem that they will have to overcome.

The EFL are hoping that a change in format will produce an increase in interest from both sponsers and supporters.
Shaun Harvey is trying to bulldozer change through for the sake of it before the next TV deal is negotiated.

If I was a cynic, I would suggest that smaller divisions would concentrate the value of that TV deal with a smaller number of Division Two teams and Divisions Three, Four and Five can go hang ...

Jun 8, 2016
So the way forward ideally is a Argyle Supporters Trust........that can communicate with the club on an even keel and represent the fans as a whole?
For example putting forward once a week? Once twice a month? dependent on urgency of concerns and questions of the fans? Would it even be too much or maybe further down the line in some way have this 'Trust' represented on the board? as a non-exec member? type thing? like some of the 'larger' clubs have.

Just a thought.

GA

Jan 6, 2004
I am all in favour of regionalising leagues below the Championship - truth is there is little difference between the third and fourth tier- having watched Argyle extensively in both the experience is basically the same. I hate travelling to the endless little northern towns and would much prefer to be able to get to more games by having more down south. This was brought home to me last season when, by chance, most of the league seemed to be based in the South and the experience was all the better for it.

The downside is less promotion spots but this could be overcome with an extended play off system with the top team from North and South being promoted and another being promoted via an eight team play off - meaning there would be five spots in each league for promotion or play offs - only 2 less than the current combined total for leagues one and two. It may even be possible to negotiate four up four down with the Championship.

May 8, 2011
Green_Flash":38x896n0 said:
I am all in favour of regionalising leagues below the Championship - truth is there is little difference between the third and fourth tier- having watched Argyle extensively in both the experience is basically the same. I hate travelling to the endless little northern towns and would much prefer to be able to get to more games by having more down south. This was brought home to me last season when, by chance, most of the league seemed to be based in the South and the experience was all the better for it.

The downside is less promotion spots but this could be overcome with an extended play off system with the top team from North and South being promoted and another being promoted via an eight team play off - meaning there would be five spots in each league for promotion or play offs - only 2 less than the current combined total for leagues one and two. It may even be possible to negotiate four up four down with the Championship.

It is far easier and quicker to get to Crewe and Port Vale then it is to Gillingham, Colchester, Southend, Cambridge or Peterborough.

Based on the regional groups for the EFL Trophy Cheltenham are in the northern section with a group consisting of Blackpool, Bolton and Everton, and Gloucester City are in the National League North .. they must love regionalised football!

Jan 6, 2004
HC you will always find examples of lengthy trips even in a regional league (for most teams the extreme example would be us!) but that is not the point, the average travel time will be greatly reduced, it will also benefit our many London exiles with far more games in the South East.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
TonyD":3lxz8ej4 said:
Fans now have an opportunity to have a say (of sorts)

Prem B teams no longer in the pot

Teams from "other leagues/ countries " also no longer an option

the rest is up to you to have a yes or no say...

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 42045.aspx

Allegedly, B Teams in the Mickey Mouse Cup still on the agenda for the EFL meeting next month with the Premier League throwing money at the problem such that the vote is expected to be close.

Time to email the club to make sure they know how we feel.

https://twitter.com/AgainstLeague3/stat ... 2173191168