Why would any player want to move here | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why would any player want to move here

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Over the course of a season I read a lot of other club forums from all 5 of the main professional leagues and bar none there is negativity. So why oh why do we make such an issue of it?

Dec 3, 2005
Every supporter wants success, there fore by definition, nearly all will be disappointed to differing levels.

At the end of the day we have 4 professional leagues, therefore only 4 teams can be winners.

There is a League Cup
FA Cup
JP Trophy
Play-Offs - 3 teams can win

So a maximum of 10 teams are going to be WINNERS therefore 82 Clubs fail to win something.

Obviously some supporters dont expect their club to win anything and are happy to achieve varying levels of position in their leagues.

To some surviving is a 'winning' season.

But overall the majority of supporters will not be satisfied with their Club, be it for final position in the league or style of play.

Of course to some, scrapping into the play-offs is success :) It is all releative to how a supporter percieves his/her Club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All I really want is to see flair, commitment and a smattering of local players is that too much to ask?

May 22, 2006
Just the last two of those would do. If I wanted flair I would have supported a team vaguely associated with it. Supporting Plymouth Argyle and expecting eye-catching football is a bit like walking into Matalan and expecting to come out well-dressed.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
A bit of an insult to those who use Matalan which, as I recall, includes our team during its time in the Championship.

Sep 28, 2003
London
CKGreens":1yf4ocgs said:
He achieved more than 17 other managers in this league! I do however question his tactics at times, but heh I am not a tactician or a professional football manager!

I hope you didn't vote either.

I mean, you're not involved in politics.

I'm glad Mick Jones is still our manager - I mean, he's a professional, so therefore he's the best guy for the job, right? And Andre Blackman at left-back too - I mean, you can't criticise him, he's a professional footballer, obviously he knows more about how to play than you do. All those things you think are huge, catastrophic, inexplicable mistakes are actually just part of the professional way of doing things, we mere mortals could never understand.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Plymouth Argyle has a load of problems.

The fans ain't one of them.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Do you mean the fans who kept the club going and forced out rotten snakes such as Ridsdale and his mate Heany? Do you also mean the fans who got behind their team when 0-3 down to Wycombe and spurred the players on to give us a bit more hope? There won't be many clubs in this league with fans as good as ours. If anything we should be part of the reason why a player would want to sign for us!

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Hahaha you actually think players care if the supporters/fans like them? No cares are given. As long as that money is in their account come the end of the month, it's all smiles. It's all about the money. :shh:

Apr 15, 2008
London
Trev501":2jd87sw3 said:
A bit of an insult to those who use Matalan which, as I recall, includes our team during its time in the Championship.

A insult wellpdeserved. Seeing the players in Matalan always validated that (Raymond Chandler?) line: 'she was all over him like a cheap suit' :lol:

Our fans are second to none and we have two-thirds of a very good ground at this level... With players coming from a higher level, though, I could see how, in every other regard, the club is more than a little tinpot.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
crownhillpilgrim":2bxe0omd said:
Our fans are second to none and we have two-thirds of a very good ground at this level... With players coming from a higher level, though, I could see how, in every other regard, the club is more than a little tinpot.

Agreed. The lack of any kind of decent training ground, academy, gym, press facilities etc is more than a bit concerning. There doesn't seem to be any foundation.

C

Cobi Budge.

Biggs":1pieue01 said:
crownhillpilgrim":1pieue01 said:

Agreed. The lack of any kind of decent training ground, academy, gym, press facilities etc is more than a bit concerning. There doesn't seem to be any foundation.

Correct.

Look at Bury, investing in their side sensibly, investing in their youth sensibly, securing the use of Carrington which is a remarkable training facility, they are laying foundations for a better future.

We just look a bit tinpot at the moment.

Feb 21, 2011
Cobi Budge.":27f8c1zq said:
Biggs":27f8c1zq said:
crownhillpilgrim":27f8c1zq said:

Correct.

Look at Bury, investing in their side sensibly, investing in their youth sensibly, securing the use of Carrington which is a remarkable training facility, they are laying foundations for a better future.

We just look a bit tinpot at the moment.
comparisons with Bury are a red herring the facilities around Manchester are second only to London, we are a backwater in comparison for such things, I've no doubt our facilities are comparable to most sides at our level and if you count the life centre as a training aid probably better than most.
It all starts to look a bit tinpot when you look at the grandstand and the useless swathe of concrete in front of it, one day if it ever gets built we will have amongst the best facilities in the lower leagues, big if.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
jespafc":311sfh8c said:
PRESTO":311sfh8c said:
I do but I at least try to be supportive.

Good on you...but we're tripe....

I sincerely apologise Presto - I regret this post :oops:

I was in a depressed state about the playoff failure when I posted it.

I fully respect your loyal support and having had a few days to consider the end of season disappointment, I feel that although I'm not 100% satisfied with JS's impact so far, perhaps giving him a little more time to build may not be a terrible idea.

:scarf: